What If ? (H/Y fic)

Lunalove said:
Because I'm not sure I trust you around him. ;) And then we might have to protect you from Y! :lol:

Point taken :lol: :devil: Although I think it would be the other way around that you need to protect Y from me, I've got A LOT of weaponry! (Just ordered a nuclear missile!)

Love the update, so glad H'll be okay.

Lunalove: Ok, Kitten you and Honey protect Y, Caddy and I will stay with H. Remember to lay low. Unless you spot Stetler. Then you've got a free rein!

Alrighty, * pulls out shovel from behind back* bring it Stetler.

wow girls u have big fun here ;)

last night at last i catch up with this fic - great work as always Hrockz :D

You gals should like join the secret service, since you're so into protecting people :lol: You sure do keep me entertained. Hey Tati don't you do anything to Y :p

Pusher glad to see you dropped by. Yup the girls are having loads of fun here. They'd recruit you into their task force too if you like. HC haven't seen you in a long time, glad you dropped by too.

Horatio thought he heard someone calling his name. He tried opening his eyes but his eyelids felt too heavy. He treid to recall what had happened. He remembered the bomb going off and himself thinking he was going to die. And then there was darkness.

"Horatio!" Yelina called to him again. She stoked his cheek.

He thought he felt someone touching his face. The voice sounded like that of an angel. He fought to open his eyes.

Yelina watched as Horatio's eyes fluttered open. After some effort he finally managed to keep his eyes open long enough to focus on her.

"Hey," Yelina smiled at him. "Welcome back."

"Yelina?" Horatio croaked. "Where am I?" If he could see her, he couldn't be dead. Of maybe he was, he had half expected all angels to look like her.

"You're in the hospital baby." Yelina replied.

Raymond stood on the other side of Horatio's hospital bed. He grinned at his brother. "Glad you're still in one piece Horatio."

Horatio turned his head,"Ray, what are you doing here?"

"You had us both worried." Ray replied.

"Where's my partner Tom?" Horatio asked remembering what had happened that night.

"He's prety badly injured but he'll live." Ray said.

Horatio closed his eyes and thought of Tom's wife and kids. He felt relieved thay had both not been killed in the blast.

"The bomb was booby trapped, there was no way we could defuse it without it going off. I should have realised that - "

"Hey don't you start that," Ray admonished him, "You probably saved alot of lives tonight."

"He's right, Horatio." Yelina quipped. "You did the best you could."

Horatio tried to shift his weight and winced in pain. It was only then he realised his left leg was in a cast.

"You're lucky you only have a broken ankle after something like that." Yelina said noticing him looking at his leg. "Does it hurt badly?" She squeezed his hand that was still in hers.

Horatio shook his head. "You're not mad at me?"

Yelina lowered her head. "No. You went through alot tonight. Get some rest. We'll talk in the morning."

"She's right. You should get some sleep." Ray added.

"Give her a ride home Ray." Horatio said.

"I'm staying." Yelina replied.

Horatio tried to protest but the effects of the anaesthesia and pain medication were overwhleming. He no longer could keep his eyes open and soon fell into a deep sleep.

He woke to see the sunlight streaming into his hospital room through the blinds that were coveirng the window. His felt her hair at his finger-tips. Yelina had stayed afterall. He lifted his head to see her asleep, her head lay on the side of his bed. He gently smoothed her brown curls. She lifted her head to look at him, blinking the sleepiness away.

"You didn't have to stay the night." Horatio said.

"I didn't want you to be alone." She sat upright. She helped prop him up into a sitting position with his pillows.

"Thanks... about the other night... I umm, I didn't do anything with Claire. I wouldn't do anything to hurt you."

"I believe you."

Horatio raised his eyesbrows, surprised that she not longer was angry with him.

She continued, "I guess I let my jealousy get the better of me."

"It's good to know you get jealous over me." He gave her his familiar head-tilt coupled with a smile.

She sat on the edge of the bed next to him and placed her palm on his cheek. "I'm just glad I didn't lose you, to Claire or the bomb."

Horatio turned to kiss her palm. He glanced round the room. "Where's Raymond?"

"He had to go to work. Speaking of which I have to get to work too. I'll be back later." She rose to leave but Horatio grabbed her hand and pulled her towards him. They shared a deep kiss.

"I missed that." Horatio smiled, his face inches from hers.

"I missed that too." Yelina brushed her lips against his.

"I love you Yelina." He found the courage to get those words out.

Yelina smiled. They shared the same sentiment. "I love you too Horatio."

---------------------

When Yelina returned that evening, the surgeon who had operated on Horatio's leg was in the room. He noticed her waiting outside and motioned for her to enter the room. He gestured to the drain from Horatio's leg.

"Looks like the bleeding stopped. I'll remove the drain, and you can go home tomorrow." The surgeon told Horatio.

"Great, thanks." Horatio replied, smiling at Yelina.

"You do have someone to help you at home don't you?" the surgeon asked.

"I'll stay with him." Yelina added, a little too eagerly she realised.

The surgeon nodded as he snapped on a pair of surgical gloves. "This might hurt a little. You might want to wait outside." He told Yelina.

"I'll stay." She took Horatio hand.

The surgeon removed the cast from Horatio's leg. They now could see the full extent of his injuries. A scar ran from his shin to the ankle, it looked read and raw. The tube ran from inside the scar to the outside and into the bottle on the floor.

"Take a deep breath," the surgeon told Horatio. He yanked the tube out of Horatio's ankle, causing Horatio to grit his teeth hin pain. "All done. The nurse will be in to re-cast your leg in a moment. I'll see you in a week at my clinic."

"Thanks," Horatio said.

The surgeon left. Horatio turned to Yelina, it was only then did he remember his hand was still gripping hers tightly.

He loosened his grip. "Sorry."

Yelina smiled.

"Thanks for staying." He added.

"You're welcome. Besides I'm used to it, I work homicide, so I 've seen worse things."

Horatio smiled back as he pulled her to him, kissing her on the lips. The nurse came in to cast Horatio's leg. She cleared her throat. They sprung apart smiling sheepishly at the nurse.

"I'll bring a change of clothes for you tomorrow." Yelina said as she got up from the bed.

"Thanks." Horatio said. "You'd better go home to get some rest, I bet you didn't sleep well last night."

Yelina nodded and laughed. "You've got to stop thanking me, I'm your girlfriend. I'm supposed to take care of you."

Horatio chuckled, "Ok."

"Ray'll be here shortly." Yelina added. "I'll see you tomorrow ok?"

"Yeah." Horatio said. "Drive safe."

He watched as Yelina left.

"You're one lucky guy." The nurse who was casting his leg said.

"That I am," Horatio agreed, "that I am."

I had some time on my hands, so a long update. Hope you all liked it.

Pusher glad to see you dropped by. Yup the girls are having loads of fun here. They'd recruit you into their task force too if you like.

hummm... sorry, but no thanks...i`m already proud member of other task force - The Anti Gwits Team :devil:

anyway, thanks for this update. even to not post here i still read all of ur work - just don`t have a ot free time this few weeks ;)

Hrockz said: You gals should like join the secret service

Oooh, black suits, black sunglasses and über cool attitudes! Sign me up! :lol:

Thank you for another wonderful(ly long ;)) update. Nice to see that she stayed! :)
And held his hand vvvvv :D

thanks Hrockz had some trouble with a 17 year old he fell through my front door and we pushed him back out,he then decided to take it out on my windows by smashing them all

HC hope everthing's ok.
Anyways, I just felt like writing more.

Horatio got discharged the next day into Raymond's care. Ray drove his older brother home. They got through Horatio's front door, only to be greeted with the smell of Yelina's cooking. Horatio plopped himself down onto the couch.

Yelina joined him. "I hope you're in the mood for ropa vieja."

"I'm always in the mood for that." He smiled.

"I'm sorry I couldn't come fetch you home, I wanted to prepare dinner for you, and I had to get some of my stuff, since I'll be staying here with you."

"I can't believe your luck Horatio. Pretty girlfriend cooking and taking care of you. Maybe I outta go break my leg too." Ray said.

"From what I recall, you have alot of women who're willing to do your bidding." Horatio teased. "You just need to learn how to keep them."

"Stay for dinner Ray." Yelina offered.

"How could I turn down that offer." Ray smiled.

Horatio grinned, he was glad the two people he loved the most in the world were getting along so well.

Dinner was over and Ray left after he helped Yelina with the dishes. Horatio had his eyes glued to the TV when he heard Yelina call for him from the bedroom. He picked up his crutches and made his way into the room.

"I ran you a bath. You're gonna need some help since the doctor said you're not to get the cast wet."

"Umm... thanks." Horatio said, "I think I can manage." He sat on the bed and stripped down to his underwear. Slowly he hobbled into the bathroom, almost slipping on the wet floor.

"Let me help," Yelina said taking his arm.

Horatio stood there not moving for awhile. He looked at the bath then at Yelina.

"What?" Yelina asked. "Don't tell me you're shy to be naked in front of me all of a sudden?"

Horatio's face turned slightly red. Yelina laughed. "Horatio, we've been sleeping with each other for some time now, it's not like I've never seen you without any clothes on."

"I er... this is different." Horatio said.

"I don't see how." She stated. "Now take off your underwear or do you want me to do that for you?"

Horatio complied, removing his remaining piece of clothing and allowing her to help him into the bath. Sitting in the warm bath with one leg sticking out, he seemed to relax and the inital awkwardness vanished. She picked up a sponge and started to scrub his body gently. As she moved her hand from his chest to abdomen, she saw the physical effect of her actions.

Laughing she said, "Down boy."

Horatio's face turned a deep red. He cleared his throat. "I thought you should know by now you always have that effect on me."

"I sorta figured that out."

He fought the urge to pull her into the water with him. After the bath she helped Horatio pull on a pair of shorts and then helped him into bed.

"Do you need your pain meds?" Yelina asked.

"No, the pain's not that bad."

"Ok, I'm gonna run myself a bath, you get some sleep, I'll join you later."

Horatio drifted off into a light sleep. The sound of Yelina emerging from the bathroom caused him to wake. She was dressed in one of his T-shirts which left very little to imagination. She climbed into bed next to him.

"Thanks for everything," Horatio said.

"You're welcome. How long will you be on the IOD list?" Yelina asked.

"Couple of weeks, till the cast comes off."

"What're you gonna do in the meantime?"

"I haven't figured that out yet, maybe sit by your desk all day and make a nuisance of myself."

Yelina laughed as she rested her head on his chest. "Maybe you can be my secretary, help file my paperwork."

"Umm-hmm," Horatio replied, resting his hand on her butt.

"Having naughty thoughts are we?" She smiled.

"How can I not? I have a very attractive woman whom I'm madly in love with in my bed... but thoughts are all I can have, I don't think we can do anything with a broken leg."

Yelina laughed. He loved the sound of her laughter. She planted kisses on his chest. "I beg to differ. Why don't you lay back and let me do all the work."

That night she proved to him that they could still make love, even with a broken leg.

Where's that health warning I told you about? :p

people with heart problems are going to stroke out if they read this!

Great update whoei

*grabs chest* I think Kit's right, that was incredible! Aw thay can still make love with a broken leg...good thing too. Hrockz, you rock!

You gals should like join the secret service
Sureness! *pulls on black suit* Call me agent XXX. Or Caddy if you prefer. :D

Thanks again Hrockz, awesome updates, I'm loving it!

Wow! :eek: :eek: HOT! And you guys are right, we definitely need a health warning in this thread! :lol:
And poor H! I know how it feels to be helpless like that! (Split & dislocated knee cap).
GREAT update! Thank you!

Whoa...* breath *... Whoa... waiting on that health warning :lol:

Love the update! :D Also loving the ideas of being secret service * whips out shades* It's honey, with cool shades. :cool:

Back