Horatio & Yelina #6: A Sense of Belonging - So Say We All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Horatio & Yelina #6 - A Sense of Belonging - So Say We A

it has always been such a great place to spend online time. Many of us see it as a bit of a refuge. We really are quite fond of it!
That is so true. I read every thing ya'll wrote for a long time before figuring out how to do it myself. It's nice to talk to other people who obsess over the same things you do :) Otherwise people (even family!) tend to give you strange looks and start easing away :(

It's the same for me drgnldy . My friends are really getting annoyed with me over my obsession. They refuse to hang out with me, if I start talking about H/Y.

I'm so happy I found like-minded people to share my obsession with, that I can talk H/Y as much as I want, and others won't think me crazy :D

I've just been reading Thread #2 Silent Thunder Eternal Love and am LOVING the fan fic that several of you wrote together! It's magnificent.

Sometimes you post song lyrics, and there is a song I've always thought must say exactly the way H feels about Y. I don't have all the lyrics in my head, but it's Elvis Costello's "She." Do you know it? (Was in the soundtrack of Notting Hill.) Makes me think about all the different ways he must feel when thinking about her.

And it IS nice to have Lucy back. I notice while reading the earlier threads that you are one of the original posters!
Aw, thank you. Yes, I think I have been here forever along with a few others! It is so great to be joined by new fans too, or fans new to posting that is. We have always liked to think that we're not obsessed as such, just dedicated! I do think a little obsession comes into it though, but more than anything, it's just a keen interest in something that has been played out so well on screen and has captured our hearts well and truly.

I remember writing that fic that 4 of us participated in! It was fun to do and I'm glad you are enjoying reading it. :) It faded rather as real life got in the way.

As for those Elvis Costello lyrics, I think this must be the song you are thinking of:

She - Elvis Costello

She
May be the face I can't forget.
A trace of pleasure or regret
May be my treasure or the price I have to pay.
She may be the song that summer sings.
May be the chill that autumn brings.
May be a hundred different things
Within the measure of a day.

She
May be the beauty or the beast.
May be the famine or the feast.
May turn each day into a heaven or a hell.
She may be the mirror of my dreams.
A smile reflected in a stream
She may not be what she may seem
Inside her shell

She who always seems so happy in a crowd.
Whose eyes can be so private and so proud
No one's allowed to see them when they cry.
She may be the love that cannot hope to last
May come to me from shadows of the past.
That I'll remember till the day I die

She
May be the reason I survive
The why and wherefore I'm alive
The one I'll care for through the rough and ready years
Me I'll take her laughter and her tears
And make them all my souvenirs
For where she goes I've got to be
The meaning of my life is

She, she, she.

Yes, that's it! Just sounds like H to me.

I see that I'm now DOA, which is no better than 'victim.' Sometimes the victim at least survives!

Just quickly swinging by to post some H/Y pictures!

bscap1140.jpg

bscap1143.jpg

bscap1144.jpg

The pictures, as you probably already knew, are from the S2 finale which I think is called "Innocent"? It's near the end of the episode when Stetler & Horatio are talking and Yelina comes to join them. She immediately feels the tention & "runs off" to Stetlers car :p

Thanks for the lovely lyrics Lucy glad to have you back!

Firstly welcome to all the newbies and nice to see Lucy back :)

Kit the pics from 10-7 was great had the chance to see that epi again on Thursday night even though i had tears at the end :(

Just posting to edit the thread title. Not sure what happened, but the letters seemed to get jumbled up!

Lovely pictures as always Kit & those lyrics are beautiful. Thanks drgnldy & Luce. :)

Love the pics Kit and the lyrics Lucy, sounds like a great H/Y song.

Welcome to all the newcomers! :D

Oh i've got another H/Y song. I've listened to this song already for maybe 1000 times but now I just notice how very "H/Y" it is!

Atomic Kitten - Whole again.

If you see me walking down the street
Starin at the sky, draggin my two feet
You just pass me by, but it still makes me cry
That you can make me whole again.

If you see with another man
Laughing and joking, doing what I can,
I wont put you down, cuz I want you around
You can make me whole again.

[chorus]
Lookin back on where we first met
I cannot escape and I cannot forget
Baby you're the one, you still turn me on
You can make me whole again.

Time is layin heavy on my heart
Seems I've got too much of it, since we've been apart
My friends make me smile, if only for a while
You can make me whole again

For now i'll have to wait
But baby if you change your mind, don't be too late
Cuz I just can't go on
Its already been too long
But you, can make me whole again

Wo wo wo wo

Wo oh oh oh oh

Oh baby you're the one, you still turn me on

Oh baby you're the one, you still turn me on

--

After all this time Yelina still has that effect on Horatio. And you know if they end up together they'll complete each other!

Imagine all of us in an hotel room watching H/Y. I think we will be "aaaahhhhh", "oohhhhhhh", "woooowwww". The manager will kick us out from the hotel. Silly me thinking this. But you don't know how much I enjoy reading all of your comment. See you tomorrow, laundry is calling.

RedHot said:
Imagine all of us in an hotel room watching H/Y. I think we will be "aaaahhhhh", "oohhhhhhh", "woooowwww".

We should really do this. In a couple of years or so we all travel to Miami, rent us a penthouse & watch CSI Miami S2-3 and MAYBE by the time then we'll have lots & lots of other H/Y momemts to watch like maybe a make out scene or so? :devil:

MiamiDade said: Lunalove, your cat Yoda is so cute! :)
Well, not always. She bit me yesterday evening, the little bully. Then she tried to worm her way back into my good graces by sleeping on my legs... But I love her anyway.

Hrockz I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well, I hope you're better now.

drgnldy said Otherwise people (even family!) tend to give you strange looks and start easing away
I know the feeling! So I just don't discuss it with others than equal minded.
Ooh, fanfic in thread #2? I'll have to check that out! :)

And about 'She'. The original is by Charles Aznavour. He wrote it together with Herbert Kretzmer. It's such a wonderful song. :)

Tati: Wow Y looks so beautiful in those pictures! And I agree that they complete each other!

RedHot: sounds like so much fun! I'll be there. ;)

ametista said: Is Horatio crying?
On the inside, I'm sure. He looks so heartbroken. DC and SM are truly amazing in that scene! They are definitely why I watch Miami...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back