More CSI:NY Spoilers: Start Spreading the News!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep thinking about the 'destiny dashed' comment I can't think of an explaination for!! So I have given and just think it was something that Zuiker said to get up speculating!!!

^ I know. Nothing has been dashed yet. *pouts* Color me disappointed.

Romantic relationship on TV shows are mostly boring. I can count on one hand the times I've seen a pair successfully survive for more than one season and please both TPTB and the viewers. That's why I'm hopeful they just didn't have time to develop it and will do it next season.

I don't think I can stomach a whole season of D/L so they better find a nice way to end the relationship. ...Relationship, what relationship? Judging from what we've seen so far there isn't much of a relationship. Even their little "adventure" on the pool table didn't convince me that there's a bond between the two. It's like when you want something: you think about it for months but when you finally have it it isn't interesting anymore and you want to move over. Now that we know that the old Danny's still around I'm hoping he'll get tired of this...

I don't think the D/L relationship will survive much of season four, I think if TPTB had done a better job of it I would be all for it for S4 but they did a botched up job of it, so the sooner it ends the better.

I think Anna's pregnancy did hinder a better storyline for D/L but it just seems that TPTB really had no idea or ran out of ideas of what they wanted for this couple and just decided what the heck we'll just throw this in. I mean they started it off ok but then it all went to shit.

In my opinion I would've preferred a real friendship first like Danny and Aiden before opting to get these two together.

It just seems like Carmine and Anna just don't seem to connect when they're on screen. I felt the chemistry in the first few eps of season two then nothing... could it be bad acting? bad writing? or they just don't trust eachother or are not comfortable with the other? You guys be the judge...

For me the only real chemistry any two CSI's have has to be Eric and Calleigh. These two have been friends for sooooo long and the love bug has finally hit them and the chemistry they have is electric.. But eh that's just me!

sydneycsi said:
I don't think the D/L relationship will survive much of season four,

I'm HOPING & PRAYING that this 'relationship' fizzles out before it starts to gain any momentum (and I wouldn't count alcohol-fuelled bar room sex as momentum). I could write more, but I've already explained my views in great detail in another thread, and I don't want to waste any more energy on this sad, little farce :p

I saw this posted on another board.

Its apparently from the latest issue of TV GUIDE.

Danny will be distracted by his relationship with Lindsay next season.

If this is true, it sounds like they are not dropping D/L in season 4. *sigh*

^ since when a relationship is more important than the work of a CSI?? sorry but I thought the show is about solving crimes and not about love storys. D/L can be but in the background. It's just starting to get on my nerves the whole thing. Please, more about the WORK next season, tptb!!!...

Messers_cupcake said:
sorry but I thought the show is about solving crimes and not about love storys. D/L can be but in the background. It's just starting to get on my nerves the whole thing. Please, more about the WORK next season, tptb!!!...

Halle-freakin'-lujah. :p

It seems more people are seeing the point that alot of us have been mentioning for a while!
The D/L thing has become bigger than the whole purpose of the freaking show! It's a crime drama not a teen drama.

^ i agree. let it be in the ff world and not in the show.

I want tptb to concentrate more on the show and the cases and not on a love story they've totaly screwed already...

You know, I wouldn't be pissed if it said something like 'Danny will be distracted by Louie's condition next season.' You know Louie, that brother-person from more than a year ago. I mean, this isn't "Happy Days," we shouldn't just create siblings and then have them disappear. :rolleyes:

Let's just hope they do that shit in the first few episodes and then end the relationship rather than having it be an undercurrent of total shite during another entire season.

But considering that the D/L stuff made Danny late while taking Lindsay's shift, therefore leaving Adam to the hostage-takers' mercy for several hours--sounds like the relationship is already a distraction, and that is not good for the show in any way, especially if it's going to interfere with him doing his job. Danny has f**ked up enough already, he doesn't need to be messing up investigations because he can't think with the head on his shoulders.

melanie33 said:
I saw this posted on another board.

Its apparently from the latest issue of TV GUIDE.

Danny will be distracted by his relationship with Lindsay next season.

*headdesk*

This.Cannot.Be.True. :mad:

Why oh why TPTB keeps dashing my hopes of getting back the character that I love???

PerfectAnomaly said:
ETA: Oh yeah, this is what Pam Veasey told TV guide about next season: "We're going to be really youthful and current." TV guide also mentions cases about "Internet relationships, online celebrities and the world of underground music." That scares me and my attention span.

Damn, Season 4 looks bleak to me. I mean, the whole "destiny dashed" bullshit. Sounds frickin' stupid to me. I watch the show to see Crime Scene Investigation (maybe that's why they call it CSI!!!), not some stupid teen soap drama thing. The writers make Danny and Lindsay out to be high schoolers or something!
And the cases?! Internet relationships, online celebrities, and the world of underground music?! WTF?! And I thought the cases of Season Three were bad. This just sounds ridiculous.
If this is what I can expect from Season Four, I might end up not watching it at all.

OK, I have the TV Guide from this week (5/14 - 5/20) and the one for next week (5/21 - 5/27) and the only thing on CSI: NY is the blurb about the finale with the comments from Pam Veasey about next season and the mention of some crimes to look for next season. That's it - nothing about the D/L drama continuing for any specific period of time.

Back to the People.com video for a sec. - "Nature's Sheild. Always wear protection. Otherwise you end up like this. Impaled on a condom machine." Carmine Giovinazzo

Really?? I'm around Mr. G's age, a tad older, and we never got that lesson in sex ed. WTF? It isn't only the NY kids who need all the information. Damn Forest Lake, Minnesota, school district. :eek:

I loved the "Nature's Sheild. Always wear protection. Otherwise you end up like this. Impaled on a condom machine." line :lol:

I don't think the D/L thing has been confirmed! I guess it's people maybe clutching at straws that one tumble on the pool table is leading to a relationship.
I'm hoping it's the complete opposite. The D/L fans got the scene that we wanted - now give the rest of us what we want. Bring back Louie and Sonny.

ETA: Does anyone know when the season 3 boxset will be released in the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back