Eric & Calleigh Thread #22 - Oooooooooooh! Hellooooooo!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by midnight_tiptoes, Apr 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

I'm re-watching the scenes again. The second one is very strange. I'm guessing the hostility must just have been carried over from earlier park scene, but I thought Eric had kind of let that go?

And what was with the "things you never thought you were capable of" line. Eric said it so forcefully. I know he gets emotionally involved in cases, but would he have said it so passionately if that's all he were referring to? Maybe it was kind of foreboding or something, perhaps because Eric didn't think Calleigh was capable of breaking his heart and she does later. I don't know, it could even be forshadowing of something yet to happen. Perhaps it was just about the case and he said it that way because we was so pissed, but that brings me back to my first comment.

The writers have done a great job is confusing us all lately. Wonder how Eric and Calleigh must feel.

2. Abby

Abby Prime Suspect

I haven’t seen the episode yet, but I’ve seen the pics and I’m content with the E/C moments. Personally, I didn’t expect her to jump into his arms, for her it’s wrong to fall for a colleague and she tries to avoid this. I think that Eric knows it, but he also knows that she won’t be always able to do it. Maybe he's waiting for her to accept her feelings :).
    In the elevator’s pic is obvious that Cal feels sorry for him, it seems that she wants to hug him, but she doesn’t allow herself to do it…for the moment ;)

About the scene with Eric and the little girl, it’s so cute! It’s obvious that he needs a daughter or two…maybe twins. I can picture him at the park chasing the two little girls, it would be funny :D.

3. Sab

Sab Witness

Ali, with that second scene I thought maybe Eric was thinking of things he's done for his sister, Marisol. He went out a limb for her a lot. He was probably still bummed about the let down and then that comment was close to home so he let it get to him. But it also made Calleigh think and thus look at the sister. :)

4. rondezvous_raven

rondezvous_raven Civilian

Hey guys,

I'll just get done with the newbie intro and creep right into the discussion. I'm Allison *waves to everyone excitedly*, nice to finally find the hip hugs central headquarters. I'm enjoying the nics you guys have created for this shipper, they are pretty darn sweet.

To start off, I won't lie, I was happier than a six year old on Christmas morning when that whole Eric lifting small child out of boat scene came on. I mean the whole deal, squealing and everything. After reading the last *counts* 21 pages of discussion I'm going to assume everyone feels the same way about that!

ALSO, maybe we should take action and just push Eric and Calleigh in a room together...naked...just a thought.

5. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Welcome, Allison! Hope you like it around here ;)

I have a different take on the second scene. I don't think it was an anvil for anything because really, I just can't think of one. I think the second scene was about Calleigh being all Jake-like and Eric calling her on it. It was about showing the audience that Eric is the better man for Calleigh because he shows her that the world isn't just black and white. If it were Jake with her instead of Eric, Jake probably would've said, "yeah, let that bitch rot in hell." But Eric sees the situation from all angles and recognizes it's not as simple as it seems. He doesn't stay quiet, because he's not scared of standing up to her (like everyone else seems to be) and gets her to admit she's wrong. And not only does Calleigh admit she's wrong (gasp!) she also smiles afterwards!

And that scene right there explained very clearly why Calleigh is so scared of her feelings for Eric. She's very stubborn in her views of the world, but here comes Eric and challenges them all the time. With Calleigh it's either right or wrong, black and white, up or down, but Eric is all about the in-between. He gets her thinking, he gets her to see things she doesn't always want to see, etc. For someone like Calleigh who is so obsessed with control, that's gotta be terrifying. It's like that stupid cheesy Aladdin song.

Honestly, I thought all their scenes were very powerful. The first one because she admitted she has feelings for him, the second one because we have Calleigh admitting her remarks were rude and cold, and the third because it's them realizing they can't turn their feelings on and off. I felt so hesitant waiting for this episode, but honestly, what we got was sheer awesomeness.

6. alwayswrite05

alwayswrite05 Lab Technician

Hello, I'm Ashley and I'm a Hip Hugger (or at least that's what I was told this ship is called? Please correct me if I'm mistaken.)

Try though I might (because I really really don't need to be obsessing over yet another ship lol :rolleyes:), I couldn't help but fall prey to this ships undeniable magnetism. I've never been the biggest Miami fan but dang it have they got me hooked. They've got such great chemistry, made even better by the fact that it's not just animal attraction---though I wouldn't dare knock animal attraction--but I really love their friendship. She's really been there for him, and he's done the same for her....

But I'll shut up now, since you guys already know why this ship is great. I do have one question though, because I didn’t watch Miami as regularly as I do now, I’m sure I’ve missed some great eps for this ship. I’m going to try and play catch-up over the summer so if anyone could point out a few that would be really helpful. Thanks!

7. midnight_tiptoes

Welcome, Ashley!

If you go to the Miami wiki page, there's an entry on Eric and Calleigh and it has all the major moments. But overall, season two has some of the best scenes. Season 4 was really disappointing, and season 5 was greatness. Season 3 has some moments, and so does season 1. There's a Blockbuster near me that has seasons 1-4 for rent, and of course there's always Netflix.

Warning, though: overexposure to HoCaine might propel you into the nearest insane asylum. Proceed with caution.

8. labrat4u

labrat4u Victim

I would love to see where this thing with callie and eric goes? Come on guys give them a chance. :rolleyes:

9. Sab

Sab Witness

Welcome Allison and Ashley! :) Hope you enjoy it over here, I know you will. We have a whole summer to squee and discuss and drool over Eric/Calleigh and all the goodness they represent. Agreed, their chemistry and friendship is what draws me to them. :) The hotness is another thing. lol

10. labrat4u

labrat4u Victim

I liked the season finale on last night's CSI Miami. Horatio cane as well as the others went out in high fashion. As always Horatio Cane went out in class. I just love his character. He is so manly and classy. I cannot wait until next season. Good work Producers, writers, actors, etc. Way to go. :lol:

11. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

Welcome folks!

Ugh! Didn't you just want to kill him yesterday? Why the hell was he on a helipad at the end? Looks like Ann D has fallen in love with him so much that she whisked him away to the only place in Florida where a Mala Noche member wouldn't be able to put one right between his lenses. :mad:

I really like that interpretation, Caro. It does serve as a good testament to how well they compliment each other. Eric always seems to offset Calleigh's less attractive qualities.

That's another thing I like about the way they've handled this relationship so far. It's forced Calleigh to do things she would never do around other people, like being so honest with her feelings. Instead of the romance impeding on a character, like I believe it has done so far in all CSI romances, it actually opens up a whole other side of Calleigh. It develops her more as a character.

And after that, it totally will have to be her who initiates the final move from friends to lovers, which is a situation that really interests me.

Am I the only one wishing the kiss scene was standalone and not part of the montage? I wanted some more reaction from Calleigh. I really can't believe she'd be cool with Jake's actions in the workplace and then just walk off into the elevator. Did she reprimand him, even if only in a light-hearted way? Was she embarrased? Angry? Did he walk off before she got a chance to voice her unhappiness? These are things I'd like to know.

I still think we got a great deal though. They've got a nice little set-up heading into Season 6. I'm already excited. :D

12. rondezvous_raven

HAHAHAHHAA CSI_Ali, that seriously just made my day! *twitch* The insane asylum calls!

Was anybody else somewhat hoping for a cliche kiss of jealousy from Jake? I was kind of anticipating him seeing Eric watching them and perform that act out of "macho-manly-ness, this is my woman get your own, yhadda yhadda blah blah moment" or something along those lines. I'm still happy with the final outcome of the snippet, but I was really getting excited for Eric/Jake rivalry.

Then again, this is CSI: Miami and maybe I should just wait for it...

13. midnight_tiptoes

I have to say, the writers are really, really, really surprising me with this storyline, and in a great way. It's been handled so well. I'm in shock. It's weird, cause every other storyline is crap, and yet this one (romance always has the potential to be disastrous) is being written very well. Kudos.

Where's Jaffy? She promised Donahue a pony if she ever gave us E/C. Deliver your pony, Jaffy.

14. rondezvous_raven

Ponies...?

I'd have to agree with you there, I was expected a WAY more cheesy approach to this situation. Especially from this show and its romancing ideals *looks around*.

15. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Forget cheesy I expected this to be disasterous but like everyone else I was totally suprised with how the writers have handled this. I hope they continue to keep it up next season.

Last nights ep, while GGGRRRRR b/c of the cliffhanger with E/C was great overall. Everybody got in on the act and did a great job.

Is the summer over yet?!!! :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.