Horatio/DC #12: Miami Never Closes. Neither Does This Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Hunter, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Re: Horatio/DC #12: Miami Never Closes. Neither Does This Th

I forgot to add this to my earlier post so please bare with me. Just because DC had no issues with the scripts(h/m) didn't mean us fans didn't. lol Okay done for now.. LOL

2. EyeHeartH

EyeHeartH CSI Level One

Hehe...as a female, I would prefer the emotional and human H, but I guess I can't speak for the males, although I do agree that a typical guy likes that kind of stuff. Sometimes I do like it when H "saves the day", if you will, but sometimes I would like to see him return to his compassion for the victim, because lately there's been a genuine lack of that. I'm not saying it's gone, but it has not shown through like in the past. I want Romantic-Hero-H back!!!

3. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Actually I like both aspects of H. The action hero side and the soft compassionate side.

What makes the H character stand out is that he can be all mean and business with the criminals but he's all soft and compassionate with victims especially children.

4. aimsavol

aimsavol Witness

*stepping onto soapbox*
    *clearing throat*

I've been really surprised from this thread and the spoiler thread about how much animosity there is toward the Horatio character of season five. I have to admit I love him, flaws and all. I think the tender side shows with victims and children, but I think Super H., as a lot of people call him, is really cool too. Horatio appeals to me, because, with some of the things I've gone through in life, I wish I had someone like H. to stand up for me at times. I had a couple of situations where I wish there had been a Super H. to save me, or at least punch the daylights out of someone. I don't think it's an issue of appealing to guys, but some women find the idea of a Prince Charming attractive. I've come to believe that doesn't exist, but it's the idea of it in the character of H. that I admire.

As for the Horatio/Marisol storyline, I wasn't a big fan either, and I thought it took the white knight idea a little too far, but maybe, just maybe Horatio really loved her. And with the interview, which I still have not had a chance to read, maybe DC likes his character. Most actors do have some say in the development of their characters, and perhaps he likes the way the writers have developed Horatio. I realize a lot of people want the H. of seasons 1-3 back, and yes, I do see a difference in the H. of season 1 versus the H. of season 5. But H. has had a lot of character development in five years.

I love H., and I always will, as long as he's one of the good guys. And in the words of the great philosopher, Forrest Gump, "that's all I have to say about that."

*stepping off soapbox & waving white flag*

So the soapbox... some Southern preachers (years and years ago), used to take crates used to transport laundry detergeant or soap in, and stand on them on street corners and preach. I'm from the South, and we use that expression a lot around here...

5. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

Wow. Nice one. (What's a soapbox?) :lol:

But who was a fan of the H/Marisol storyline? Like, really.

6. mitzi

mitzi Prime Suspect

Not many people by the looks of things.

It was just so weird how it all happened so fast. She definatly didn't portray a good sick person. Although it was nice to see H being protective and sort of lovey dovey, only thing it just seemed to be with the wrong person, and it all looked a bit forced as to make a "sick" woman happy.

7. sienna

sienna Lab Technician

hey you guys i haven't been on the board for some time and it's reeeeally nice to come back and realise there are still people who love david caruso/horatio caine as much as i do ... the most people i talked to in the last weeks were real horatio haters .. i mean i can understand that .. i don't like his behaviour in the last seasons either ... but that's not david caruso's fault .. i still love him and i think it's sooo cute he's having a baby!!

and sooo out of spite to all those horatio haters i rewatched the old seasons (i adore them) again .. and all my love for him came up again .. it's just such a great character and such a great actor and i don't like it where the writers are going with that character ...

hmm i don't know really ... i think it was very cute to see horatio in love even if he didn't show it that much .. i also kinda liked the tension that came up between him and eric . what i didn't like was the end of course.. i think he would've deserved to be happy longer ... and marisol was a really sweet girl !! i think it would've been just better if everything would've worked out for them .. maybe even get the child she wished for and he was ready for too .. but you can't change what the writers did to it .. so i think basically that whole storyline was kinda senseless because it didn't really lead to anything

EDIT: oh i hope it's okay that i mentioned the thin about david carusos baby i just noticed there's an own thread for it :S

8. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

So....anyone know what a soapbox is? :lol:

You know what i just noticed? Horatio's first words of his CSI career (to us) were 'Sasha?!'. Like, i wish it was somthing really memorable. That's all. I'm random aren't I?

9. sienna

sienna Lab Technician

no you're noot ^^ i knew that too :rolleyes:

10. ThumpyG42

ThumpyG42 ~Nocturnal Jenn~ Premium Member

aimsavol explained the origins of the word 'soapbox'[/b] in her post on the previous page ;) Here it is again:

11. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

Oh sorry Thump, i missed it. It was on the previous page i guess.

You know what we really, REALLY need? A face-to-face metting between Horatio and Grissom.

H: Horatio Caine.
    G: Horatio? As in the best friend of Shakespere?
    H: Yes....
    G: Dude! I totally quote that guy ALL the time!
    H: Really?
    Cath: It's true, he does.
    H: Huh. Well, that's good.
    G: Hey, when do you have a break?

Or something like that. :lol: It would be great.

12. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

I'm not a Hoatio-hater. I love the dude he's awesome. And I haven't had the honour of seeing s5 yet. So I have nothing to say about that. From whatever bits and pieces I've seen of S5 from youtube, I'm loving H. Even the 'burn baby burn' which most people hate. First time I saw it, I was so wowed! I nearly fell of my computer chair, I nearly died. That was WAY cool! So no I'm not gonna say I hate the new H. I always liked him flaws and all and how tptb have developed his character, I'm still lovin' it. If anything I'll be the first to try defend his actions in the later seasons.

But I hate the whole H/Marisol deal. It was so forced, no chemistry, nothing believable. We've seen H in love before, Rebecca Nevins and most evident in Yelina. Sorry didn't mean to be shippy on this thread. But I must say the H/Marisol was quite poorly potrayed.

Nothing personal sienna but I'm glad it ended like that for them. Yes H deserves to be happy, but that was a really poor potrayal of a person sick with cancer. Trust me I've seen loved ones die of cancer. It's nothing like Marisol at all.

And they, no corection, she did decide to have the kid while she was still battling cancer hence the whole debate she had with H about stopping chemo. So there was a possibility she wouldn't be alive very long after the kid was born. That must be the most selfish reason ever to have a kid. :mad: Just to know what it's like to have one. It's no fun growing up with just one parent, believe me I know first-hand. How can you ever think of bringing this person into the world and not be around to be responsible for him/her. No doubt H would have did an excellent job of being a Dad, but it doesn't make up for not having a Mom. Really, it doesn't. Being ready to be parents is one thing, making sure you're gonna be around for the kid is another. Ok if tptb had plans for them to have a kid and Marisol to survive the cancer then I guess it would have been more forgivable. But I stil hate dislike the whole H/Marisol deal.

Apologies if I sound harsh but this strikes a personal cord with me.

13. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

lost night i don`t have time, but today i want to clean out on thing. i don`t think that in this thread have Hoatio-haters. the right word in my case is that i`m HC/DC disappointed. for me here have big difference. if i hate H, why i would post here ?! :rolleyes: i just like the rest guys want to say my own opinion ... hope u got my thought sienna ;)

14. sienna

sienna Lab Technician

oh i'm sorry maybe i didn't make it clear enough i wasn't talking about people in this thread i mean i love you guys :D i was talking about people i know in school or on msn i talked to about csi miami .. and t h e y were talking negative about horatio or david caruso which made me mad !! really nothing against you pusher or anyone else on this thread !! sadly i can't say that about the whole board ...

and i totally get your point Hrockz! about that whole cancer thing and i agree with you .. it's just that horatio was not very happy the last season and i wished so badly for a bit happiness in his life after i got disspointed when yelina left ...
    and you're right it would be just wrong to have a baby with a cancer patient (who doesn't look like i cancer patient anyway.. i mean fortunately nobody in my family ever had cancer so i don't really know how a cancer patient looks or whatever ... so i can't tell but i'm sure not like marisol) ... so i 'm just desperately waiting for a bit hapiness in his life .. i'm just not a angst whore .. i want everything to work out for him FINALLY

15. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Yeah I get what you mean sienna . I agree with you too H deserves to be happy.

I just watched 'Recoil' and I love the interaction between H and the little girl Amy. After watching s4 and knowing H's past, it makes all his interactions with kids all the more meaningful and you know why he champions their cause.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.