"Big Shots" Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

I think episodes like this draw in a lot of viewers. Remember ABRTI? For some reason, this episodes reminds me a lot of it. I'm so lookin' forward to Big Shots! :D

yeah, i'm looking forward to it to. but, it's just, i think CSI's gettting to personal. like, something personal JUST happened to sara... and now greg?? not right! that's not how life goes!! i kinda wish they just made it like the old episodes. well, i can't wait... i just hope they'll stop backing stuff so freaken personal!

I used to be like you csiemily, however, I now only watch for Greg to be honest. Don't get me wrong, I loved the show because it was so unique and didn't waver from it's principals, but it just doesn't feel like CSI anymore, so I don't watch for what the show used to be because I will only be disappointed. Instead, I watch for the character I fell in love with.

I still watch every episode, but just not with the same urgency as before. I understand what you are saying.

I am looking forward to this episode.. it looks good. Not just because its about Greg, but because these episodes are usually pretty good.

Oh and a clip is on Youtube on the CBS account.

I'm SO excited for this episode!!!! I'm so happy we get another Greg-centric episode! :D

I read somewhere Greg talks to Sara for a second about the mom, right? He said something like "She isn't supposed to be here"? I thought I read that somewhere. Hmmm.

Anyways, I cannot wait. It needs to be Thursday!

There is another clip of this episode up on youtube, though its not put up by CBS..I guess I can say what to search for though?: perez hilton csi

Its just a short clip with Hodges and Catherine.
:)

im so excited for this ep but im going to have to miss it. i'll have to watch it friday. when was the last greg-centred ep?

csiemily said:
yeah, i'm looking forward to it to. but, it's just, i think CSI's gettting to personal. like, something personal JUST happened to sara... and now greg?? not right! that's not how life goes!! i kinda wish they just made it like the old episodes. well, i can't wait... i just hope they'll stop backing stuff so freaken personal!

Usually I would agree with you there csiemily I don't like it when they get too personal with stuff, actually thats a lie its great but not when its one after another (then its too much). But I just think that this is a seven year long show so far, usally there would be like a character based thing every episode in most shows but CSI is really good they have the right mix of cases manily and then sometimes chracters.

Also the Greg storyline was here before Sara's thing in EE, this episode is just resolving that allready exsting storline. Besides its Greg, I love that guy, and aside from the DJ case when was the last time he had a story line. :)

well, all I know, is that it seems like forever and a day since there was a greg eppy...maybe as far bad as toward the beginning of the season. Poor guy! I am glad to hear he's getting the airtime thats overdue to him...*claps*

same same. i LOVE greg. just... like, in may i hear lady heather is coming back --that's gonna be personal--, and then the season finale's gonna be REALLY personal. so, i dunno. i kinda wish they just when back to the funny, flirty, weird cases that we all fell inlove with in the beginning!

SwamiCSIaholic said:
Usually I would agree with you there csiemily I don't like it when they get too personal with stuff, actually thats a lie its great but not when its one after another (then its too much). But I just think that this is a seven year long show so far, usally there would be like a character based thing every episode in most shows but CSI is really good they have the right mix of cases manily and then sometimes chracters.

Also the Greg storyline was here before Sara's thing in EE, this episode is just resolving that allready exsting storline. Besides its Greg, I love that guy, and aside from the DJ case when was the last time he had a story line. :)

I have to disagree, I think that CSI didn't find a balance between character stories and the crime part of the show. I think that believable and profound character stories are becoming more important than the crime cases.
The problem is that it took TPTB almost seven years to look up what continuity means and then they are giving it only to Greg.

You said that Greg's story was there before Sara's story in EE, but what is with all the unfinished stories of 7 years CSI?
For example all Nick stories; Stalker, Who are you, Grave Danger, Redrum and what is with Brass's shooting or Cath's almost rape?
That's my opinion and I'm sure that a few of you won't like to hear this, but I think that TPTB should at first work on all the unfinished stories before they give Greg a story which continues through the whole season.

So, I'm not looking forward to Big Shots and the Spoilers for the season finale sounds to much like another Grave Danger. It's sad enough that TPTB didn't bother to continue with the aftermath of GD, but that they make a second GD is like a slap in the face for us Nick fans (and maybe for other fans too).

Bine I completley agree with you there, the writers really have made a mess of stuff when it comes to thier old story lines and the GD thing is the best example for that, they had like ONE episode where he had to go underground afterwards and that was it it was hinted at but noone ever actually sed anything to him to makesure he was okay and like in LocoMotives there were ants EVERYWERE when they were following the jello but still no refrence to Nick at all.

But I'm seeing this Greg story as hope that they are starting to realise that they actually need to continue there storylines so they've done that with this one. To go back and and do episodes all at once that are like 'oh hear are episodes we should have made ages ago but forgott' would be to corny, they've left it too late and the damage has been done. But to deny Greg a good story line because the writers screwed up I don't think would be fair at all. But that's just me and my two cents worth :)

The writing of all the CSI series has been poorer lately. I've realized why - the original writers are still mostly there, but they are higher in the chain of command and have to deal with more than one show.

Before Miami and NY existed, they only had to focus on one show. Sure, they had a smaller staff, but they had even smaller workload.

Now? Zuiker and Bruckheimer have to juggle not one, but three shows. This may have an effect on the quality of each episode.

ejacksonian said:
The writing of all the CSI series has been poorer lately. I've realized why - the original writers are still mostly there, but they are higher in the chain of command and have to deal with more than one show.

Before Miami and NY existed, they only had to focus on one show. Sure, they had a smaller staff, but they had even smaller workload.

Now? Zuiker and Bruckheimer have to juggle not one, but three shows. This may have an effect on the quality of each episode.

I doubt that....season 5 had really good writing, and even though season 6 wasn't that great, it wasn't really the writting, just the overall ideas that were bad. It has only been noticable this season. Its like they only care about competing with Grey's they have lost focus on the show.

Well, I don't know. I always thought competition makes people work harder, not less.

This season has been boring so far. Not terrible in most cases, but just boring. It's like they are trying to do nothing.

I thought season 5 was pretty good, but it had too much blue tint. I hate it when Jerry Bruckheimer does that.

The problem is that it took TPTB almost seven years to look up what continuity means and then they are giving it only to Greg.
That's my opinion and I'm sure that a few of you won't like to hear this, but I think that TPTB should at first work on all the unfinished stories before they give Greg a story which continues through the whole season.

Agreed on the continuity thing but disagree on the assumption that everyone else deserves continuity before Greg. After all, TPTB owe him continuity since Season 3. I mean, being blown up, burnt and shocked enough to have your hands shaking weeks afterwards? That is no small business. And what did we get by way of continuity? A scene in "Spark of Life" without any actual mention that Greg knows the medical side of the case from first hand experience. And no scars, even! So, it seems to me that a continuous storyline Season 7 is just compensation from the earlier lack of it.

*Edited: Fixed the quote problem*

Back