The British and Irish Thread

Happy St Patricks day everyone. Anyone for a guinness? :D

Thanks for the list of Eurovision hopefuls, I couldn't find a full list before, only the 'famous' ones! :lol:

Erm... by any chance, do you serve Kilkenny? I mean... it is better then Guinnes? *hides*

Oh, Ducky of course you can have a kilkenny.

So, Scootch are our Eurovision entry....There are no words to describe my feelings on this particular song. If you haven't heard it, then you are lucky. If it is possible, then I would say it is twice as bad as Daz. :lol: It's so, so bad!! I'm so ashamed. The outfits, the singing, the dancing, there are no redeeming features for this song.

I live in California but I have scots-irish blood in me and apparently- according to my grandmother- part of her family was kicked out of Ireland because they were 'too opinionated'. <-- Sounds like my family alright :lol: :lol: :p

wow, ive been gone a while-new thread.this is probably the only day this week i've been sober!! (RAG week :rolleyes:)Farewell to our individuality as britons and irish-sigh. Happy belated St.Patricks Day all

I just checked the web to see who won the Eurovision yesterday and apparently "Scooch" won and will be representing Great Britain. Havent heard the song but judging by the photo they look like a cross between Butlins Redcoats and trolley dollies! Another year where we can cringe with embarrassment. Nothing new there then!

When Sir Terry Wogan was presenting he got the result wrong saying that the winner was Cyndi, and all the confetti started falling, then co-presenter Fearne Cotton was like; "Scooch, it's Scooch!" I got really angry because I thought either Big Brovas or Hawkins & Brown should've won, but they were 2nd group of two that were out! I think that Scooch will just demean our name even more; then again it's just a song contest, we never took it seriously before and why should we start now? There were very 'camp' entries back in the Golden Age of the ESC. Hopefully, it will bring in the Nostalgics' votes; and the fact that the band is so rubbish and pathetic, it may bring in sympathy votes. :lol:

Anyway, have any of you guys been seeing and experiencing the freaky weather lately? Today it was sunny and bright and started hailing, melted again then began to snow. Looking out my window now, it's a mixture of rain and sleet, I tell you global warming has a very strange effect. :lol: :D

what's the erou scandal thats hits the news today? something about scooch having an advantage over the other acts and that it was bit of a fix? ooh, scandalous!

I know, the weather is horrendous a lately isn't it? i'm not too happy with having to wear gloves this morning. i tried to resist but i thought my hands were gonna freeze off. i'd like the cold to go away now - bring on the warm! :lol:

(why do brits always end up talking about the weather?? :lol:)

why do brits always end up talking about the weather??
Because we have such rubbish weather that is why. :lol:
I had to walk to college and back today 4 times! (I have no friends to spend lunch with or anything, so go home for lunch) I freezed my arse off! Really windy too. Rode my horse out and he was crazy because we haven't been able to ride him for a week because of the weather. I say bring on the global warming!!

No-one been in here lately?

Anyone fussed about the Budget? Im not into politics in any way and all the Budget means it me is that I have to pay more for my wine!

The news is so depressing, is there nothing good happening in our country?

Anyone going to see The Police at Twickenham? I wanted to but missed the first day of buying tickets and now they are in the hundreds and I cant afford it. :(

I'm not English but I hope I'm welcome here. I love football and basketball, so as you can see the TV's usually tuned to the EPL.

Watching the England vs Italy U-21 match, I must say those lads look mighty cute to me!

Am I off topic? :confused:

eggbe4thechicken said:
I have a question?
Anyone go to Nottingham Trent uni?
I'm going in September ;)
oh and anyone live in the midlands?
Does anyone else, when they are on the internet, feel like they are talking to people ages away? I was just wondering if people actually live near to me. :lol:

Sorry for being so slow at replying.

I do and have always lived in Nottingham. It is a fantastic place with lots to do. There are great shops (we are in the top 5 shopping places in the country), brilliant nightlife, lovely countryside nd plenty to do. I wouldn't change it for the world.

Oh and it is true that we have a higher ratio of women to men. Does make it harder to find a date though, lol.

Back