Grissom & Sara #26: It's So Obvious, Isn't It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Just wondering, but do we actually know that he gave Sara the letter? Maybe I missed it....that would be me.... :rolleyes:

I agree with you on Sara forensicsgirl,she isn't really still angry at Grissom, but when he didn't really talk with her about it, I bet that it really hurt her a lot. And the fact that he was gone for 4 weeks didn't really help either. But they pulled through it, showing that their relationship is strong enough to withstand that and face even worse things...... i.e. DOOM!! :eek:

As for the *possible* season finale issue, if that does happen to Sara, I DO NOT want them to pull a GA :mad: and have Grissom super sad and not being focused on finding her :mad:. Also, that would be way out of character.

yep.

Peace, love, and GSR forever ;)!

You see, to me that feels like spoonfeeding. I like to watch something and have to mull it over a little while and put the pieces together myself. I'm not a fan of being clunked over the head with an anvil telling me "this is what the symbolism is". I mean, sometimes CSI is a bit ham-fisted about it - remember the anvils in "Toe Tags"? I loved the episode, but I felt like screaming "enough already! I get it. Rich and poor- it doesn't matter when you're dead!" Jeez

True, and I was giving an exaggerated example, but there's a difference between not spoonfeeding and REALLY making your audience reach to find the connection. And I think even for myself, who knew about the scene, it took a little while for everything to fall into place before I went, "Okay, so that line from Sara, and then the earlier line from Grissom, theme of the episode..."

I'll have to wait and judge the entire episode when it airs over here (if I'm not in gay Paris when it does - woo hoo!) but I'd prefer to connect the dots myself without the Powers drawing them in for me.

Perhaps I shall be in meterosexual New York.

Oh totally. I get that Sara was annoyed with him about not telling her sooner and not consulting her or getting her imput before he made the decision (hell, who WOULDN'T be annoyed by that) but the way it was originally written, I think it went WAY beyond that. I think if it had aired the way it was originally supposed to, a lot of us would have been left thinking their relationship was really shaky if they couldn't withstand a 4 week parting.

Exactly. Sara looked sad at the end of Leaving Las Vegas, but she didn't look devastated. She did once he left - she looked like she was going to start crying - but I think for the average viewer, it's a little "Suck it up, Princess. It's four weeks, not twenty years."

I get that Sara would be pissed, I get that she'd be sad, but they wanted to make her betrayed and have Grissom be a clueless dolt. And hey - that's not where GSR is right now.

I think this route is a much better idea. Yes, Grissom isn't the greatest at expressing his feelings (he sure made up for it with "intimately" thought )

Ooh! Another explanation for the scene - Grissom realized, via the letter, that he's just not good at communicating, so he's trying to pretty much hand her everything now that he's back. Even his initial return was like, "Eeeeeee. Sara! Sara! Hold up! I'm good at showing emotions now? See? Where are you going? I love you! Sara? Wait up!"

But in an adorable way.

Honestly, though, I'm never going to be able to watch the scene with sound again.

INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTIMATELY.

^ Just wondering, but do we actually know that he gave Sara the letter? Maybe I missed it....that would be me....

According to TV Guide, WP says that Grissom will give Sara the letter in person. No way to know if this scene was already supposed to air and has been cut.

Yaaay! Adzix is druuuunk! I wish you wrote more, so that we can make fun of you later
lol. i don't know why every time i'm drunk i get in here and plainly STATE it without adding anything to the discussion except vocalizing my love for GSR. and Billy.
Ha Ha! Adz is drunk. I laugh at you.
oh shut up, lol. no more margeritas for me!
But shirtless Billy is always welcome
shirtless Billy?? what? where?

oh, oh, okay.
I think they made Sara "miffed" more than pissed. And the problem is that if she had been furious, it would've become too much about her, and not enough about the both of them. I don't like this concept that Sara has these huge abandonment issues, and I don't necessarily think that it's true. I think Sara was mad that her boyfriend was taking off without really consulting her, and that he has such a hard time expressing his feelings. I don't think she was having Daddy flashbacks or something. But if they had spent too much time on angst, it's where most conclusions would end up.
i'm really happy it didn't air, but we know that CSI is a TV show. there has to be drama at some point, so i think they may throw us a bigger angstball in the end of season than it was previously planned. hope not. i'm definitely not an angst ho. i love plushies, peaches and butterflies, romantic Grissom and giggling Sara.
Damn Poles.
mwahaha. it's us! the great nation of apple beer!
TMI? TMI.
sorry but i can't stop laughing. i love you both britfan and sarah.

so i have 4 finals on monday. i started studying for one today and i'm halfway through. i think i won't make it, lol. why am i so slow? GSR.

oh and icons will be on monday probably cuz i have no freakin' time due to studying this weekend. sorry y'all.

Ooh! Another explanation for the scene - Grissom realized, via the letter, that he's just not good at communicating, so he's trying to pretty much hand her everything now that he's back. Even his initial return was like, "Eeeeeee. Sara! Sara! Hold up! I'm good at showing emotions now? See? Where are you going? I love you! Sara? Wait up!"
Haha. Awe, that was cute. I hope Grissom is able to express his feelings more towards Sara. But we all know the key to Grissom's "emotions" are poetry (or something to that effect). I mean, whenever he begins to show emotion, we end up hearing some quote from a poet, but that's Grissom. And we alll love grissom! hehe.

desertwind said:
Beautiful poem FG it touched me.. wow, how deep
LoveHearts.gif
and welcome back greggooo_fan I've missed you.. how was Holland? glad your back ;)

thanks, missed you too :) holland is great, at the moment, its just very cold here, wish it was summer already!! ;)how are you doing, still very windy there? ;)

okay, back to GSR again, maybe i feel a bit warmer then :p
i looked at the scene again, and decided to focus on the facial expressions of our loving couple :) grissoms expression: hard to say. it was kinda this: omg, sara, i so love you and this would be the right time to kiss you - look, but also something else. just.. he was just calm, i think. i saw he was comfortable, not angsty for what sara was going to do, not scared she would harm him or anything.
sara's expression: excited, calm and loving. she looked at him like: o gosh, grissom, i do care about you.. and she looked like: okay, it's nothing, i just gotta shave his beard, its not like i have to kiss him.. that's how it looked, really calm. they were comfortable being with eachother, and that is good to see in our two geeks :)

oh shut up, lol. no more margeritas for me!

That might be a good idea, but then we cant laugh about your drunkin' rambelings.

shirtless Billy?? what? where?

no dont get adz started she will bring out that naked billy banner...again.And we dont want that do we?

mwahaha. it's us! the great nation of apple beer!

*smacks* no more acohol for you!

*throws tantrum* I wanted to grab the razor from Sara and tell her why is she messing with lovely perfection? lolol *runs away from Team Cleanshaven*

No.Dont say that, cleanshaven is perfection. :lol: You know you want to join us in our quest for clean-shaven-ness(is that a word????).

**goes off and wallows in my insanity**

This is the last time I'm going to say it, but dirty coveralls and mountain men beards are NOT supposed to be sexy. Neither should yoga hoodies and plain blue t-shirts. They don't need to be nekkid. They don't need to make out, they don't need to be shown torridly ripping at each others' clothes.

There's a quiet sensuality, and there's also this sense of voyeur about watching GSR scenes that they do very well.

Not that I'd protest a make-out.

very much agree

is anyone else going weak at the knees (even when sitting down) every time he says 'intimately' *returns to fantasy land where she she is Sara*

if only we could have had another day to pick the thread title! it could have been 'The trust is intimate'!

I voted 3 but Im really somewhere between 2 & 3, part of me wants just all fluff all the time till the end of time but on the other hand would GSR really be the same without angst?

random question: what is the official fannon on when GSR first happened? WtG obviously wasnt their first time so, when? My personal opinon is that after Grave Danger Gris had a 'life is too short moment' but is that what everyone else thinks?

after watching it 2000 times did anyone else catch the fact Sara's hair is curly again? Am I inagining the cyclical implications (ie Gris was shaven in Cool Change and Sara had curly hair)?
and the butterflies in the backround during the shaving?

chocolate_bunnys said:
No.Dont say that, cleanshaven is perfection. :lol: You know you want to join us in our quest for clean-shaven-ness(is that a word????).
**goes off and wallows in my insanity**

If it's a word, I'm with you. Clean-shaven-ness is the way to go. pun...

And Sara wants it all off. We know that. :devil:

I feel like i'm having gsr delayed reaction syndrome (gsrdrs) :confused: That looks like doctors...Anyway, I came a little late to talk about our shaving scene, and then again I don't have much to say about it. There. It happened. They trust each other. What else could a ship ask for?

A kiss.
A big ginormous juicy ship reveal.

So, we got a really good end of the episode GSR scene. I think the best moments always occur at the end of the episode. (My favs would be ToYD, WTG, and Happenstance, because they're the downright obvious ones.) Now what I really want is what I listed up there. I want the reveal and the kiss.

We get the best sexiest scene ever, and here I am stuck asking for more. :p

So, since I guess we have all of March Madness (March makes me mad :mad: ) to talk about it, how do you think the reveal is gonna go? (If we have one, which we must.)

butterflylove206 said:

random question: what is the official fannon on when GSR first happened? WtG obviously wasnt their first time so, when? My personal opinon is that after Grave Danger Gris had a 'life is too short moment' but is that what everyone else thinks?
I like to think they got together sometime after Unbearable and before ABRTI because it would be pretty stupid for him to ask Spork out to dinner while he is starting a new relationship with Sara. But I did notice that Sara is very cold towards Spork up until around the time Committed aired. Now they seem to like each other ok. But Spork still flirted with Gris at the beginning of season 6, especially the very first episode :mad: I want to like Spork, but her and LH, and Teri Miller and all those others need to stay away from Sara's man :p.

Also I wonder if TPTB haven't had them working together for a reason. Maybe Gris and Sara decided it would be best if they didn't work side by side for a while. Maybe they have problems keeping their emotions in check (I know I would). So hopefully we will get something out of that at the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back