The Last Film You Saw? Thread 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, no doubt. I think the problem is, the rules are way back on the first page and nobody ever starts there...

Ah, such is life. :)

The last film I saw was An American Haunting. Such a great film. I was so scared watching that. It probably didn't help that I was watching it gone midnight. Thank god I wasn't alone, lol. It also had the added bonus of having James D'Arcy in it. So fit.

Last I saw was The Island starring Ewan McGregor and Scarlet Johannson (sp?) on HBO. Now that was one weird, interesting movie. I wonder if cloning would really be possible in the future.

Just rewatched Sweet Home Alabama for like the 100th time :).

Whatcha want to be
married to me for, anyhow?

So I can kiss you
any time I want.

Josh Lucas Sigh (I'd like to kiss him anytime I wanted).

speedleishot and letsdance please add a little more content to your posts, I did post about this on the previous page. Thank you.

The last film I saw was "Happy feet". I liked it a lot, the animation is great, and the story cute. I wasn't sure what to expect, I mean how can you do a movie about penguins on ice? :) And as for the happy end... well, a little too sweet for me, but the kids loved it. And the soundtrack took me 20 years back :)

I just saw "Pan's Labyrinth" yesterday and man oh man... I really liked it, but I was surprised by how graphic some of the violent scenes were. Not for the faint of heart, and not the most uplifting of films, but very cool and well-filmed either way.

I went and seen The Good Shepherd I thought it was wonderful. Although you really have to know your history of that time period to understand if fully. (And since I am a history buff.....yeah.)

Donnie Brasco. I admit, I only watched this movie because I got the DVD in a sale and it has Johnny Depp in! :eek:

All this aside, this film is pretty awesome. I was well impressed with it and it was totally worth watching. Johnny Depp is just amazing as always, Al Pacino is fantastic as Lefty and is quite comical. The big wow factor for me was (other than Johnny) Michael Madsen, he was so good. Highly recommend it. :D

BabaOReilly said:
I just saw "Pan's Labyrinth" yesterday and man oh man... I really liked it, but I was surprised by how graphic some of the violent scenes were. Not for the faint of heart, and not the most uplifting of films, but very cool and well-filmed either way.

Yay! I persuaded you after all ;) I loved this movie too. I seriously can't wait til it comes out on dvd on March 12th! :D Btw, if you can get your hands on the soundtrack, I really recommend listening to it. Lock yourself in a room in the dark with it. So hauntingly beautiful :)

Last film I saw was Smokin' Aces. I quite enjoyed this considering I thought I wouldn't. I saw the trailer the other week and wasn't sure if it would be my sort of thing or not. But my boyfriend wanted to see it (because of all the guns and action :rolleyes: :lol:) so I said ok.

The plot was interesting, though you really have to pay attention to what's going on, otherwise you won't understand the film. The acting is fairly good, though personally I think they should have cut out some of the comic parts and just made the whole thing a serious movie. But if you enjoyed films like Kill Bill, Lock Stock, and The Departed, I'd recommend you check it out. :)

^^^ Riiight. I remember someone suggested seeing the film and at the time I hadn't heard of it. :)

I've started buying DVDS from Amazon.com and my most recent purchases was a DVD entitled No Money Down. It's a really funny movie, which was well worth my $3.00 :lol:.

Last night I watched King Arthur. I quite enjoyed it. The acting was great, I thought Clive Owen was impressive. I really liked Ray Winstones character, he made me giggle a little. I was expecting it to be a little more graphic on the battle scenes, and I was also expecting the film to last longer than it did, but it was a good film to watch. :)

As for Pan's Labyrinth, I’m desperate to watch that film. I’ve heard such great things about it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back