Peyton: should she stay or should she go?

screamingpoet said:
Well, it's been well established that Peyton isn't coming back. Mac calling her Claire was the clincher, I think.
:confused: Did that really happen? Did Sinise use the wrong name when the scene was being filmed? And they kept it in the show? That would be a gag reel moment.

BTW, I hope that Claire Forlani becomes a regular, just as Louise Lombard has on CSI.

Mac called Peyton 'Claire' because it was his wife's name. The fact that Peyton is played by Claire Forlani is a fun coincidence. :p

However, I think now we can say for sure that is has not been "well established that Peyton isn't coming back." In fact, I'd say she's going to be around for a while. :)

Faylinn said:
Mac called Peyton 'Claire' because it was his wife's name. The fact that Peyton is played by Claire Forlani is a fun coincidence. :p
Well, that's a relief. I had no idea that Mac's wife was named Claire.

:p back at ya.

However, I think now we can say for sure that is has not been "well established that Peyton isn't coming back." In fact, I'd say she's going to be around for a while

Oh joy...not...
:-(
damn, I thought for sure that this would be her final appearance and it'd just be tieing up loose ends.
IMO, this whole relationship between Mac and Peyton sucks more than a pile of fetid dingos kidneys. Maybe if TPTB had actually shown us some of the courtship involved in getting them into a relationship, maybe a few interactions here and there first, instead of just dropping us right into it, then maybe I'd feel differently. But for now, any episodes that have CF listed in the credits will see me watching with my finger firmly on the fast forward button.

CSI:NY isn't a chick flick. Mac's personal relationships are not the primary focus for the writers. And that's why the show brought us into Mac's romance somewhere in the middle. Claire Forlani might not have been interested in the role otherwise. As written, her character was intimately involved with the Mac already, and was seen working as an M.E. immediately. Good material for an actress.

People should stop complaining about how the new girlfriend was forced down their throats. What if Peyton was introduced on the program before she went on her first date with Mac? Female viewer hostility towards Peyton would have been the same. You know it and I know it.

I guess I'm gonna be the lone wolf and say that I like Peyton and think she should stay. I'm not saying that they should make her a regular. I'd rather see Hammerback be a regular.

Anthony Zuiker said he wanted NY to be a character driven show and that Mac was the main character and this was his year. I'm glad to see that Mac can have a personal life. I thought he lived at the lab. :rolleyes: Nice to see he gets out every now and then.

As for Mac and Stella, I love watching them work together and I love their scenes together but I don't see anything romantic between them. :( They have great chemistry but it seems they have a very established working relationship as well as being great friends. I just don't see it ever going any further but who knows what TPTB will do on down the road.

As for Mac and Peyton, the ending of Silent Night was unexpected but well worth it. Seeing Mac open up that was was nice.

1CSIMfan said:
I guess I'm gonna be the lone wolf and say that I like Peyton and think she should stay. I'm not saying that they should make her a regular. I'd rather see Hammerback be a regular.

Anthony Zuiker said he wanted NY to be a character driven show and that Mac was the main character and this was his year. I'm glad to see that Mac can have a personal life. I thought he lived at the lab. :rolleyes: Nice to see he gets out every now and then.

As for Mac and Stella, I love watching them work together and I love their scenes together but I don't see anything romantic between them. :( They have great chemistry but it seems they have a very established working relationship as well as being great friends. I just don't see it ever going any further but who knows what TPTB will do on down the road.

As for Mac and Peyton, the ending of Silent Night was unexpected but well worth it. Seeing Mac open up that was was nice.

I have to second all of what you said and couldn't agree more with it. She does bring out the emotional side of Mac, and reminds me that he is still human.

As for Mac and Stella, I see it as a brother and sister thing. They seem to have worked together for awhile now. It reminds me a lot of me and my best friend who is like a brother to me.

Bad_Bishop said:
People should stop complaining about how the new girlfriend was forced down their throats. What if Peyton was introduced on the program before she went on her first date with Mac? Female viewer hostility towards Peyton would have been the same. You know it and I know it.

Well I for one would have accepted her more readily if I met her before PWM. The way she was presented in bed with Mac in the season-opener was meant to jolt and jolt me it did.

In any case, I don't think they resolved their issues last night but I guess we'll see next year. I just wish they'd stop with the angst already and let Mac be happy for awhile. So I'm gonna answer my own question I posted above: if she's staying, I hope their relationship does improve but still remain very low-key. If she dies or something equally tragic happens, I'm so gonna throw tomatoes at the CBS offices (like I can actually go there as I'm 10,000 miles away :D )

So basically, what you're saying is, that any woman who says she doesn't like Peyton is really only saying that because they themselves have the hots for Mac and can't stand the thought of seeing him in a relationship?
I call bullshit on that.
I would have been quite happy if TPTB had hooked Mac up with Jane from DNA. Why? Because (a) I liked her character (b) she and Mac had a sort of awkward chemistry and (c) she was introduced as a supporting character in her own right, not just somebody who was brought on to shag the lead character. I could see in the 3-d printer scene in Officer Blue just how easy it would have been for TPTB to build on that pairing. And it would have been much more believable to me to have Mac do the whole 'not ready...oh wait I am' bit with her instead of Peyton.

To me, the Mac/Peyton pairing has all the chemistry of a dead fish. And no, it's not just 'female viewer hostility'. I gave her a chance, but something about her sets my teeth on edge. I don't know if it's CF (haven't seen her in anything else) or Peyton, but hopefully TPTB will realize it's a bad idea sooner rather than later.

To be honest, no. If Mac wasn't so hesitant and grim-looking around her, I will actually enjoy having her around. I know that Mac most definitely needs some release to his job and the late wife he never got over, but c'mon! He doesn't even look happy in bed with Peyton.

I would have been quite happy if TPTB had hooked Mac up with Jane from DNA
Oh my God! Thank you! I always thought of that, ever since the 1st season. She seems to have a natural chemistry with Mac. One that isn't particularly forced or deliberate. It just happens. But then Mac still isn't quite ready or commited(not emotionally anyway, he's still attached to Claire) to being in a relationship. Speaking of, on wiki-- It says that she's still a regular. But I have no idea. Anyone want to be a nice person to explain this to me?

To be honest, Peyton was right. Mac isn't ready for anything yet. Even though I'm a S-macked shipper, it doesn't mean that I think they should hook up on the show now. He's clearly still thinking about Claire (stating the obvious...) and maybe in a few years time, then he'll be ready. I know he's trying really hard to move on with his life--but you can't push things like that. You can't push yourself to be exactly who you were before a trajedy happened. I know that the pain of losing someone you were so close with is hard, but you can't completely avoid everything. (Mac is trying to... but dating Peyton and disposing of everything that she owned except for the beach ball and so on.) You have to continue to live, but things will never be the same again and Mac has to realize that.

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Peyton just as the medical examiner, but since I adore Robert Joy-- I hate that they cut down his screen time to make room for her and the fact that she is Mac's girlfriend just turns me off her character.

1CSIMfan said:

You're definitely not a lone wolf here.

Yes, seeing her in bed with Mac was kind of shocking since, like you said, I thought Mac only lived for the job but I do like Peyton and I'd like her to stick around, especially after Clare's performance in Wednesday's eppy. :)

You are not alone. :)

I agree with every word you said.

I am so glad the writers let Mac make the move to get her back. Acutally I love how Mac stared at her outside the glass wall of Autopsy Room. Also I am curious about what she wanted to say when she dialled his number, break-up?

Anyway I am glad she can stay. Thanks TPTB.

Well if I had posted here at the beginning of the season I'd have said: "She should leave", specially because she's in the middle of one of my ships (Smacked).

But now there's something different, she's still in the middle of my ship, but I think she's a good person, and she's helped Mac with some issues he's had, so I think she's gonna be good for the development of his character, and she didn't do anything wrong (in "Raising Shane" HE was wrong not her). And it'b be kinda selfish from me, if I wanted Stella to be happy with a new b/f (yeah, I really want her to be happy) and I didn't want Mac to be happy too. So I want her to stay with Mac as long as she can, and well I want her to make him happy :D. And I have to admit that I like her character :rolleyes:

Although I think their relationships (that includes ALL the main characters) shouldn't be the focus of the show (like someone said before in this thread), I don't want a soap opera :p. I really don't like bed scenes. I hated Stella/Frankie in "Run Silent, Run Deep" and Peyton/Mac in "People with Money". I don't think that's necessary.

The only thing I ask is that at the end he stays with Stella. :D

I like Peyton (please don't throw rotten tomatoes at me lol) as much as i like Stella and she is perfect for Mac i think Peyton is what he needs right now. It is only the 3rd season so it is unlikely the writers will put them together yet. This weeks episode was really touching i thought, go Mac!!!

grissom4ever, I agree, Peyton might be exactly what Mac needs right now, at this point in his life. He needs someone that he cares enough about to help him realize that there is life (and love) beyond Claire, and Peyton seems to fit the bill, for now. I'm not saying she's rebound, I think she's much too important to him to be relegated to that status. But she came along at the right time to help him open up and let people inside once again, and I think that's great for the ever-evolving Mac character. Perhaps somewhere down the line he and Stella will suddenly realize that the person they're both looking for has been right in front of them all along, but right now at this time in the series, I think Peyton is what Mac needs to feel human and whole once again, so to speak. He seems like the kind of character that functions better when he has someone to share his life with. Yeah, they've portrayed him as Mr. Stoic/Independent, but they've also thrown rather broad hints that he enjoyed his life when he had someone special to share it with. I wouldn't want to see Peyton become his "Be All-End All" woman, but for right now, she's bringing him out of the shell he has created for himself the past few years, and that's a good thing.

Back