"Loco Motive" Discussion **Spoilers**

I was sort of thinking that the lack of resolution was something they through in there to chip away at Grissom a little more. I thought it was just a little more amunition to push him into his little sabbatical.

Edited to add: By the way, who wrote this episode? Was it a Sara Goldfinger episode?

Quite an ep! Let's see...we had: p!$$y Doc Robbins, inappropriately jocular Catherine, absent Archie, burnt out Grissom, peevish Nick and...uncharacteristically upbeat Hodges? Well, the morgue was overloaded, "inappropriate humor" is almost an inevitable coping device for real life CSI's, AK "had to be written out of one episode" (my money's on this one) due to scheduling conflicts, Grissom's malaise is leading toward something, Nick's never been all that patient with Hodges, and...well, Hodges IS the lab "star" now, gotta file off those rough neurotic edges to make him more sympathetic...although I think we've all grown to love him in all his dysfunctional glory...

How's that for mop-up? :D

Even my husband thought this one was exceptional. I thought Max was great, and the little girl...the mom in me was squeeing to bits. Warrick was adorable with her - has he got the right touch with kids or what! And it was nice to see The Dooch again...he was just on "Big in '06" too...

BabaOReilly said:
Edited to add: By the way, who wrote this episode? Was it a Sara Goldfinger episode?

Evan Dunsky.. :)

I thought the episode was fantastic and hilarious!

Catherine laughing at the beginning was making me smile, and I was trying to figure out why because I didn't even know why she was laughing until my Mom told me. :lol: Max was portrayed perfectly and I think he was a class act.

The second case was interesting, I liked how it was tied into the first one and how Max was having such a bad day. Catherine's giggling at the end -- oh my God made me and my Dad laugh for a few minutes. The little girl was a cute kid.

Now about the mini-replica case, the ending did bother me a bit. I don't see why he went after Penny Garden and the chicken factory worker. It just doesn't seem to go into my brain right now.

All in all, fantastic ep! I'm loving season 7, and right now, besides season 2, it's my favorite season!

Grade: A-

Shane

korbjaeger said:
Quite an ep! Let's see...we had: p!$$y Doc Robbins, inappropriately jocular Catherine, absent Archie, burnt out Grissom, peevish Nick and...uncharacteristically upbeat Hodges? Well, the morgue was overloaded, "inappropriate humor" is almost an inevitable coping device for real life CSI's, AK "had to be written out of one episode" (my money's on this one) due to scheduling conflicts, Grissom's malaise is leading toward something, Nick's never been all that patient with Hodges, and...well, Hodges IS the lab "star" now, gotta file off those rough neurotic edges to make him more sympathetic...although I think we've all grown to love him in all his dysfunctional glory...

How's that for mop-up? :D

Even my husband thought this one was exceptional. I thought Max was great, and the little girl...the mom in me was squeeing to bits. Warrick was adorable with her - has he got the right touch with kids or what! And it was nice to see The Dooch again...he was just on "Big in '06" too...

love your synopsis hehe. your banner too.
i really do like what they did to hodges's character.
why do you call the guy who played max the dooch?

McStokes said:
The one thing that had me stopped cold was when Nick and Warrick discover the trail of ants...I expected to see some kind of reaction from Nick but....nothing. Nada, zip...zilch!

Absolutely the same.

I thought "Oh my god, the guy's gonna loose it" but... niet

Veze said:
McStokes said:
The one thing that had me stopped cold was when Nick and Warrick discover the trail of ants...I expected to see some kind of reaction from Nick but....nothing. Nada, zip...zilch!

Absolutely the same.

I thought the same thing, was very disapointed. The writers had the perfect opportunity to for Nick to still have left over anxiety/problems from GD and they blew it.

Wojo said:
Veze said:
McStokes said:

Absolutely the same.

I thought the same thing, was very disapointed. The writers had the perfect opportunity to for Nick to still have left over anxiety/problems from GD and they blew it.

But didn't they already cover that ground during the Gum Drops episode last season? I'm sure he's been around ants since the end of the 5th season. Don't get me wrong, I was unhappy with the way his storyline panned out last season. I just think if they were going to consider that kind of continuity, they would have been more consistant last season than they were.

Yeah, I think Nick's over his bug issues by now too. He had underground space issues in "Shooting Stars" and bug issues in "Rashomama" I think. Maybe if the ants were little and red instead of big and black he might have had issues.

^^^ Yeah, I agree. And to be honest, I didn't think of his reaction at all when the ants showed up. I'm sure he's moved beyond that by now. It would be sort of hard for a guy who investigates corpses in various states not to re-adapt to seeing bugs of all kinds, methinks.

I have to admit, pretty good episode. Max's storyline was really good and pretty funny, just like in the old episodes. Little Susie did a really good job- is it just me, or does Warrick seem to have a way with little kids? He always seems to be the one who interviews them, and he does a pretty good job of it, too.

About the miniature killer, there was a definate deja vu for me when he killed himself. ALL of their serial murderers kill themselves. I don't know, it just seemed done before. For a really, really good case it seemed to end on a dull note.

And what was up with Doc Robbins? He's usually so patient. Is he mad that Grissom is taking leave or something? Grissom was another one who seemed in an awful mood, but I kind of expected that what with his sabatical and all. At least Catherine was a little light-hearted... but Sara seemed like she didn't have a clue about what was going on with Grissom, which struck me as odd. Wouldn't she know a little more about him by now, or was she just waiting until later to talk to him?

BabaOReilly said: By the way, who wrote this episode? Was it a Sara Goldfinger episode?
Kenneth Fink directed the episode from a script by Evan Dunsky.

good points about sara...

It seems Sara doesn't see how Grissom is reacting. But, Catherine does. Makes you wonder.

Back