Episode #506 'Curse Of The Coffin' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Re: Episode #506 'Curse Of The Coffin' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS

Okay, this episode had me laughing my ass off.

The case itself was kind of boring, I thought, but oh man... Ryan was amazing in this episode. Poor guy. :lol: The night scene in the graveyard was great. I laughed so hard when he fell. Don't get me wrong, I like Ryan. I would have laughed at anyone else, too.

Boa Vista got off way too easy in this episode. I mean, a glass table explodes on her, and suddenly she's fine. Not that seeing her covered in blood wasn't fantastic. :devil:

The whole car thing. I know he said he didn't have time to diffuse the bomb... but shouldn't that have been faster than driving all the way to the beach? And then he gets out and WALKS away? I don't think so. God forbid H ever has to run. I personally, laughed harder at Burn Baby Burn than anything else in this episode... after staring at the screne in shock for a moment. I tell ya, it's a good thing I was the only one home. I think I scared my dogs.

The scene at the end, Eric, Ryan and Calleigh was good. It was nice to see a little hint of that old team familiarity. I miss that. If Speed had been there, it would have been perfect.

What, did you think I would review an episode without bringing him up? Not likely :)

2. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

oi!
    Frank!
    Of course not... he was wonderful with all the knowledge with golfclubs... I was so waiting for him to sit in the car, when H decided to drive the bombcar off... :rolleyes:

What leads btw to this... So H can ....whatever the english word is... dirty bomb just like that (10-7) and now with regular bomb says "I don't have the time" :rolleyes:

DISARM! that's the word....right?

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah! that last scene where they were talking at the end of the day made me feel very...shall I say at home? I don't know...but I loved it! And you can tell that Ryan is the baby of the group :lol:

4. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Yes, Ducky, I believe disarm is the word you were looking for :)

5. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Ah, but he's such a sweetheart isn't he? *pinches his cheeks* ;)

My thoughts exactly. I just felt that old vibe between them again, like they were a family. It was a very comfortable atmosphere, and I loved that about the scene. :)

6. neo_genesis

neo_genesis Victim

"Well I had a million dollars, but I'd, I'd spend it all." Thank goodness I wasn't the only one with that song playing in my head last night. EVERY time they would mention Santaria I'd start singing.

Good ep., even with the silliness. The whole driving the car to the beach in 4 minutes did irk me a little. But I can ignore that. I can even ignore him walking away instead of hightailing it out of there, because Hortia is cool like that. What I can't ignore is the taking off the SOJ before getting out the car, then placing them back on (all dramtically of course) while walking. ARG, it makes me crazy!

Aside from that I liked it. And we actually got to see the team together for once. That was a plus.

7. Painted_Shadow

Painted_Shadow Witness

I have a bone to pick with the "props" department...when I first saw the episode, I was impressed with the realistic setup of the shrine. Then I read the official blog, which says they used a real goat's head. So let me rephrase "impressed" to "disgusted." Can I get a deluge of angry letters? I mean, I know it's not like they actually went out and killed a goat themselves, but still, I can't be the only person who thinks that showing a dead animal is really, really wrong. They won't even show the names on actual tombstones, but goat heads are fine and dandy?! :mad:

*cuddles goats around the world* Poor babies.

8. CSI_Chic

CSI_Chic Police Officer

Ditto, That was really heart warming to see. I loved the look on ryan's face when Calleigh and Eric said that they never touched the coffin. A pure kodak moment.

Vent time.. ;) After he put the Mercadess in park he took off his sunglasses and then gets out and starts to walk a way and then puts them back on. What was up with that? :p Maybe habit?

9. DC_nz

DC_nz Hit and Run

I enjoyed this episode with all the scary bits but I did laugh and think ''oh please!!'' when H was able to get the car down to the beach just in the nick of time before the car bomb exploded. The ''Burn Baby Burn'' line was hilarious - it sounded like he was about to burst into song. Can you imagine the team joining H on the beach as his back up singers in Csi Miami: The musical (cause we know they hang out at the beach together ie. end of Death Pool..haha)

I loved the grave yard interaction between Ryan and Eric and especially Ryan's ''I hate this case".

Did anyone else noticed in the lab scene at the end with Ryan, Calleigh and Eric that in one scene Calleighs legs were dangling straight down off the table she was sitting on and in the next, her legs were crossed? Was that a blooper?

10. Juma

Juma Police Officer

KIT4NA: you can check out the csi miami picture thread on this site!! :)lots of great links to see, and the one for cotc is up!

DC looks great in ths ep, don't y'all think? So much more relaxed!

I have a question though. When Natalia talks to H ( the fear not death scene squee), he asks her if she's had a chance to go and see Alexx. She responds she feels like a total pincushion( I'm sick a lot an can sooooo totally relate :( ) and that the results should be in in a week or so.

Now my question is this: Alexx got into trouble big time for helping Ryan with meds for the eye, right? :confused:

So why can she now all of a sudden treat Natalia? :confused:

( I'd have loved to see a little Alexx and Natalia scene though, ) :lol:

11. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Well, sometimes when you get cuts and lacerations all over you and might possibly be infected with a potentially dangerous disease, you just have to see your mortician.

12. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Right on Ducky. No way would he have made it in 4 minutes. I too was laughing through this episode. I thought it was supposed to be scary but was hilarious. I too noticed that mysterious soap bubble. It is like it came out of nowhere.

:lol:

13. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

Doesn't anyone else think Boa Vista's accident will come up in the future? She could be infected with any number of things, And H's convo with her about not fearing death sure makes me think something is up.
    Otherwise, I loved the ep. H has become such a lovely caricature, everybody on the team is getting face time, and yay that Alexx seems to be getting more attention this season.

14. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

I should know better, but I don't think they'd go there. Abusive ex-husband, family drama, damsel in distress, unrequited love AND a terminal illness?

I joked in one of the threads that maybe they'll give her AIDS. The thing is, no amount of wild speculation is too wild for this show. So what I'm trying to say is, I don't think they'll go there, but I won't be surprised if they do.

Mostly, though, I think it was a call back to her abusive ex storyline. I mean, Horatio is the one who knows the details, so it makes sense that he would tell her that. A little condescending, but that's the Horatio we know and... mildly tolerate.

15. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I know! Thank god someone else saw that too :lol:
    I was like "wtf...? was that a soap bubble?" just appeared around Calleigh's head and went up...
    :lol: