Eurovision Song Contest 2006

Aww, Hormiga, Kita looks..nice in that pic :lol:

I heard yesterday that three Greek conservative groups are claiming charges against Lordi, because they support satanism.

The hell they are... If you really read the lyrics, it's not the case. Heh, they even have a song "Devil is a loser"

I can't deny the Finnish band got what they wanted:everybody talks about them,even my mum knows about them...
This is getting freakiest and freakiest...
I think we should have sent this freaky Madonna's "Hung up" version clip,instead of that Ketchup ones. :lol:

There was a thing called OTI here,it was as Eurovision but with Spain and latinoamerican countries,but,lucky us,I think it's over now.

It was AFP news agency but I cannot find any article in English. I can try to look for it later on. Three groups were Greece's women scientists, then the group that supports hellenism (right word in English?) and then some 3rd group

Lordi was pretty awesome. And Iceland was just wrong. Holland (*hides in shame*) was really sad. I still can't believe that they represented us. The thing I thought was strange was that Belgium didn't make the final. I thought it was a very nice song. Bosnie-Herzegovina (spelling?) and Russia went through. How could that happen?

Iceland was SO BAD. I was quite surprised for Russia too... the guy seemed to be excited. Oh, the country I voted was actually Albania.

I'm getting ready to laugh at UK's entry :lol:

I have my bottle ready and will take a sip every time Lordi gets points.

Oh, there was in the news that televoting has been kinda screwed up because of Skype. People can call, like Finns called and voted own country since server is in Sweden and it registers that votes came from Sweden because of that.

It wasn't just Finland but other countries too.

I almost forgot that it´s Song Contest time tonite :( Hope i didn´t miss Lordi. I really wanna see them :D

Aaaaah, i am just in time. They are announcing them right now :lol:
heavyanimao3la2po.gif

haha Lordi was great! :D Going to vote for them. ;)

Soon. I cant believe how bad our song was! :(

I was laughing SO HARD at UK's entry :lol: :lol:
Our commentators said "It's good to hear pretty Norwegian language again in ESC" :eek:

I missed most of Carola because I took my bro to the bar after Lordi. I drove pretty fast. But I guess it doesn't bother even I missed it :p

*has her drinks ready*

Yey. Finland won.:) Not a fan of the song but i am happy for our neighbour (estonia). They have had a really bad history with Eurovision, so they really desrve it.

WOOOFUCKINGHOOO!

I've been laughing and yelling so hard! We've been there for FORTY YEARS and never won. Our points were actually a ESC record! MWHAHAHAHAHHA! When UK was giving points, before 12 points nothing for Finland and I was already ready to yell "BASTARDS" if they didn't give 12 pts to us but they did! So thanks everyone who voted for Lordi there. Luce, MiamiDade, kazzy :p

Was it surprise that we got 12 from Estonia, Poland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Iceland :lol: Norway... I KNEW they give us 12 pts :D

OH my god, I need to think how to get tickets next year to me, my English friend and her brother :eek:

Ok, this joke has been going around in e-mails and there is Canada version too. But check out the last one.

Temperature in Finland

+15 'C / 59 'F
This is as warm as it gets in Finland, so we'll start here. People in Spain wear winter-coats and gloves. The Finns are out in the sun,getting a tan.

+10 'C / 50 'F
The French are trying in vain to start their central heating. The Finns plant flowers in their gardens.

+5 'C / 41 'F
Italian cars won't start, The Finns are cruising in cabriolets.

0 'C / 32 'F
Distilled water freezes. The water in Vantaa river (in Finland) gets a little thicker.

-5 'C / 23 'F
People in California almost freeze to death. The Finns have their final barbecue before winter.

-10 'C / 14 'F
The Brits start the heat in their houses. The Finns start using long sleeves.

-20 'C / -4 'F
The Aussies flee from Mallorca. The Finns end their Midsummer celebrations. Autumn is here.

-30 'C / -22 'F
People in Greece die from the cold and disappear from the face of the earth. The Finns start drying their laundry indoors.

-40 'C / -40 'F
Paris starts cracking in the cold. The Finns stand in line at the hotdog stands.

-50 'C / -58 'F
Polar bears start evacuating the North Pole. The Finnish army postpones their winter survival training awaiting real winter weather.

-60 'C / -76 'F
Korvatunturi (the home for Santa Claus) freezes. The Finns rent a movie and stay indoors.

-70 'C / -94 'F
The false Santa moves south. The Finns get frustrated since they can't store their Kossu (Koskenkorva vodka) outdoors. The Finnish army goes out on winter survival training.

-183 'C / -297.4 'F
Microbes in food don't survive. The Finnish cows complain that the farmers' hands are cold.

-273 'C / -459.4 'F
ALL atom-based movent halts. The Finns start saying "Perkele, it's cold outside today."

-300 'C / -508 'F
Hell freezes over, Finland wins the Eurovision Song Contest

I love this contest, I laughed so hard tonight. I can't believe that Lordi won but it is kinda cool :lol: :lol: :lol:
Every year we in Holland don't know who we will send and we always end up sending the worst of the worst in Dutch music. And all along we should have just send guys in Buffy the Vampire Slayer like outfits, it apparently works :lol: :lol: Man, what a stupid contest but so much fun.

Back