Eurovision Song Contest 2006

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Ducky, Mar 6, 2006.

1. kazzy

kazzy Head of the Swing Shift

LMAO! That version is much better than the Canada one. :lol: And no problem. This year, they TRULY deserved it! ;) :p

I bet France was pissed off this year- NO POINTS! Aww...Well, they didnt have any points for the Uk this year! Tch! :rolleyes:

2. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

:D You're welcome Ducky. Congrats Lordi! :lol:

I'm trying to figure out how you knew I was voting for Finland. *thinks* Ah, actually, I think I know now! ;)

3. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

Congrats to Lordi and Finland! What did Greece expect when they sent in a 47 woman to represent them :lol:? I'll miss seeing Sakis Rouvas. Ooh, and I figured I'd post the lyrics to his song Shake It for a good laugh:

Everytime you wanna play
    turn me on, all the way
    come to me and take the ride
    skin on skin, it’s pure delight
    givin’ me the passion you’re burnin’ my heart
    gonna rock you till you drop
    baby you’re the reason I’m feelin’ so hot
    want you now, I just can’t stop…

I would trade my life
    for a night with you
    driven by desire
    make that move on me
    it’s time for you to see
    that my world’s on fire!!!!!!!

CHORUS(2x)
    Shake, shake, shake, shake, shake it mi amor
    Crazy for love
    Give me some more
    Crazy for love
    Gimme some more
    Crazy for love
    Gimme some more
    Forever!!!!!!! (yeah yeah yeah yeah)

Everyday I can’t resist
    need the taste of your lips
    darlin’ it’s your body that drivin’ me nuts
    let me in I’ve got to touch

I would trade my life
    for a night with you
    driven by desire
    make that move on me
    it’s time for you to see
    that my world’s on fire!!!!!!!

CHORUS(2x)
    Crazy for love
    Gimme some more
    Crazy for love
    Gimme some more
    Crazy for love
    Gimme some more

hheeeeeeeeeeyyyyyy.....!!!!

CHORUS(2x)
    Crazy for love
    Gimme some more
    Crazy for love
    Gimme some more
    Crazy for love
    Give me some more
    SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE..!!!!

4. RBC

RBC Coroner

Yay Finland won!!

I stated in a previous post that Russia shouldn't have gone thourgh. This was a mistake, I meant Turkey. And I can't believe they got 11th place :eek: I liked Bosnia Herzegovina better the second time. And is it me, or do the countries who performered for the second time have a bigger chance to win?
    I thought Brittain was pretty funny. Talking about it. Does anyone know why Britain, Ireland, Germany and France never have to participate in the semi-finals?

OMG! Our country embarrassed twice! First with our rediculous drum song from Trebble. Than by our cabaret representative who was totally hitting (for fun I think) on the presenter.

5. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I was so surprised that we got 12 points from Greece :eek: Commentators were joking that now we get those points that other countries have forgot to give in past 40 yrs :lol:
    Ah, the are planning some kind of celebration for Monday in Helsinki.

Hmmm, I think I know what will be the most played song in radio next week.

Netherland embarassed itself twice? Do you know how many times we've done it? :lol: Ah, now we can go back to crappy songs for next 40 years.

As for Lordi wearing silly costumes. They've actually been quite popular. Not just in Finland but in some other countries in Europe. After all, they've been warmup band for Nightwish :p So it wasn't about that. And hey, it was a good song. At least for us rock/metal fans.:D
    Ah what greater tribute to the heavy metal country

6. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Congratulations Finland!!!
    I've heard the Spanish tv commentor on the radio this morning,she said that the Lordi guys were very nice people but that she felt bad for them because it was very hot in Greece and she saw them in Athen's streets with the masks and all the stuff on...
    She also said that the Swedish commentor told her that there was a very beautiful place in Helsinki to do the contest but that she should prepare for the cold...

7. Chez

Chez CSI Level One

Congratulation Finland :D This was the first time ever i voted in the contest. My vote was for Lordi of course. I was kinda dissapointed they only got 10 points from Germany. But it´s routine that our 12 points go the Turkey, just as it´s routine that Croatias votes go to Serbia-Montenegro, Bosnias votes go the Croatia and so on....

8. Ducky

Yeah Hormiga. Finnish May can be cold for a Spanish person (in worst case it can be only bit over 0c) :lol: Tho if everything goes well and it's warm, Helsinki can be really pretty place already in May.

Beautiful place in Helsinki? they don't even know where to keep it. I think it's Hartwall Arena (ice hockey hall) since it's the biggest but I don't consider it as pretty. Olympic stadion is biggest but erm.. you cannot keep ESC outside

Chez, in SemiFinal Finland got 12 poits from Germany and Turkey 10. I thought we could beat Turkey there this year but nooo...

9. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

Congrats Lordi! Of course the UK were going to give you 12 points Ducky. Never in doubt! :D

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Congrats to Finland :)

I heard that Britain, Germany and France pay such an crazy amount of money to the eurovision to organise it each year that they go to the finals even if they come in at last place or get no points.

But he was fun tho. Thats how Paul is :lol: and for some reason I found the will and grace comment pretty funny.

11. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Yep,that happens to Spain too,I wish they could expel us so we won't have to participate on it anymore.
    I love that CNN called it "the annual kitsch extravaganza",I couldn't find more appropiate words. :lol: CNN
    I heard that the Finnish tv didn't want to pay for Lori's fireworks on the stage and now that they won they'll have to pay for organizing the whole contest.

12. Joy22

Joy22 Pathologist

He made me laugh :lol: :lol: But I like Paul :D He just said what I would have told that hot Greek too :)
    And I didn't mean to offend Lordi, I actually liked the song too but I do think that a lot of people voted for them because of the the costumes they wear. I talked to a lot of people who said that they were going to vote for Finland because they thought the band was cool and when I asked them about the song they confessed that they didn't really remember the song. So I guess their appearance made a huge difference. The same song sang by a normal rock group would have never won, that's all I'm saying. But I do think it's great and they deserved it, it's a good song.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Oh my god, what a great night!!!!

Was fairly shocked that Finland managed to win, but why not? Was supporting Sweden myself, but who can resist death metal orks!?!

Thanks must got to Terry Wogan for another year of drunken commentry. He really makes the night!

14. Ducky

I know :lol: Now they are really in trouble to get the money since ESC is really expensive to organize, but they'll do it.
    I think it was Tuska Music Festival that collected some money for Lordi's fireworks and stuff.
    Ah, Me thinks me tries to get to be a voulenteer next year :D

Now that I've heard Romania's song a few times... I think it's cute.

15. wibble

wibble Corpse

Congratulations to Finland for winning! :D

Sorry, I confess I did not vote. I was at work most of yesterday and was too tired to sit through it all. Also, UK entry was so naff I could not even be bothered to pay much attention to the contest this year in the first place :lol:

Well done to Lordi! I think they are good sports performing dressed in those costumes :) (even though a bit...strange :lol: ).