Lindsay Love Thread

Hello!

I'm normally a serial lurker - but I feel compelled to post!
I just want to say - I like Lindsay Monroe.
Glad theres a thread where we can spread the Lindsay love without feeling ashamed!

What I do like about Lindsay is she's "normal" - she's new in a big City, she's trying to find her feet, meet new people, learn about her new home, put down some roots and feel at home all while working a tough job.
I like Lindsay Monore because I believe her.
Theres a little more uncertainty and self-doubt about Lindsay's character. That's just me. It seems more real.

I've read all the comments ridiculing the character - she's a geek, she's asexual, she's a weak woman chucking herself at Danny, she's a suck up, she's a Mary-Sue... yuck - reminds this girl of High School!

I've read the comments about Anna's lack of acting ability. I know nothing about auditioning for TV shows - but I'd imagine she'd have gone through lots of auditions, screen tests, script reading etc... and the CSI:NY guys thought she was the best actress for the role. If they're happy - I'm happy.

What I like about Lindsay also is she's not an Aiden clone. I'd have been far more upset that the writers just decided to cast the same type of character - at least brining a CSI detective from Montana shows a bit of imagination, trying to do different things. I give the writers credit for it.

I like Lindsay - I'm surprised that so many people dislike the character and actress with such a passion.
I feel sorry for the actress - being blamed entirely for what some perceive as a slip in standards.

Anna Belknap is one actress in an ensemble cast - there are 5 other established characters to like if you don't like Lindsay/Anna.

There's I've ranted... so thanks for reading my post and hope no-ones fallen asleep.
x.

I love you, LegallyBlonde , and by the way, welcome.
Anna must have done something right for the directors of CSI to cast her. I don't think they would have cast a bad actress. I just think the "bad actress" comments come from the bitter fans who cant let it go that she isn't Aiden, and Aiden isn't coming back.

AlyssaluvsDanny said:
I just think the "bad actress" comments come from the bitter fans who cant let it go that she isn't Aiden, and Aiden isn't coming back.

I happen to be one who thinks Anna's acting is atrocious. I also don't want Aiden back. I also know of several others who feel the same way. Just because someone dislikes Lindsay/Anna doesn't mean they automatically like Aiden/Vanessa. The two are NOT mutually exclusive.

Now, you guys opened this thread for a place to express your love of Lindsay without the supposed "persecution" you all claim to feel. Top and I are doing our best to respect both sides of the argument while also making sure this thread keeps on track and doesn't turn into a free-for all like the other threads and then you disrespect US and OUR effort by turning around and sniping about those that don't agree with you after complaining that they're the ones sniping about you. I'm FED UP with it. Just because this is a safe-place thread doesn't mean you can turn around and air your hostilities about those who dislike Lindsay simply because you think they won't be in here. No. This forum has actually been calm in the past week or two and Top and I intend on keeping it that way. If hostility against those who dislike Lindsay shows up in this thread again I will consider it to be off-topic and shut it.

Great post Legal Blonde. I do agree with everything you said. I hate all the bashing of Lindsay. I refuse to argue about Anna/Lindsay bash threads because there are a lot of people who like Lindsay. So, I'll post a pic or two! ;)

Flirt

Beautiful Smile

Welcome snickerbug, you can't post images until you have 100 posts. Try putting them as links instead.

Back on topic: The pics from the finale look really interesting. I can't wait to see how things play out.

Amen to that and I can only respect this position.
We all tend to say things that go way beyond our initial thoughts and I'm pretty that's what happened here. You're entitled not to like this actress (as others are as long as they stay civil towards that person and don't make personal attacks), I have no problems with that (jeez there are tons of people in Hollywood I can't stand).
This was a very general comment not aimed at one person in general and not necessarily at anyone on this board (as some have pointed out, csifiles isn't the only place where Lindsay isn't liked).
I wouldn't have said it because there is no point in it.

What makes me shake my head on those NY threads is that people just simply go over the top about anything said and just take it generally in the most negative way.

But please give some credit to most Lindsay/Anna supporters and don't generalize because one person made one comment that was maybe inappropriate, it seems a little excessive. I read many threads on NY and I don't need any mod to tell me I shouldn't be harsh to other posters, I simply know it. The majority of us are civil even when we read things we don't like and enjoy a nice debate. The forum has been calm because both sides have decided to keep it that way after taking into account what you and Top have said.
Closing a thread because of an isolate post would be a sad thing to do. But if you think that it's the best course of action, then maybe you are right.

Hi! I'm new.

I'm huge Lindsay fan. She is cute, smart and warm.
Also, she was very courageous.
I love her curiosity and challenging mind.

I've seen CSI: NY from season 1. I liked it.
Since Lindsay joined NY, I fall into the show!
I love the show and characters. Especially Lindsay.

Without gettting under the nails of anyone, I'll put in my two cents.

I think a lot of poeple have had mixed feelings about Lindsay/Anna, maybe partly beacuse (I think anyway), Aiden/Vanessa was so well-liked, and really, this was the first character replacement to take place (I think - was there one on Miami? I don't follow Miami). But anyway. LegallyBlonde had it right when she said that Belknap had to have gone through lots of casting to get the role, and since the show really took off, the writers and casting directors were probably pretty picky about who to pick for the role. I personalyl think they did a fantastic job both with what they made Lindsay's character out to be, and then the casting of Anna Belknap in that role. I have no complaints whatsoever.

At some times I've found the acting a bit ish (in All Access when she threw the fit on the guy in the interrogation room, specifically), but I'm hardly about to go start on an I-now-hate-Lindsay rant about that, cuz I still think she's grat, and frankly, there have been moments trhoughout NY and CSI where I've gone "okay, so-and-so, really, that wans't good." Not every actor is perfect 100% of the time... how many top-rated Hollywood actors and actresses have made movies where they've royally blown?
Regardless of character, actor, actress, or show, you will hve people who will love them, and people who will hate them, that's life. What's most important is to jsut agree to disagree. IF you want to vent about one of the characters, do so on the appropriate forum.

And I'm done. :)

Amen to that, cyko.

I, too, dislike the negative Lindsay comments. Makes me feel depressed. But what can I do, those are what they think. If there's one thing I've learned to get along with people, it's respecting their opinions. You may not always agree with them, but you shouldn't try and force them that what you think is right IS right (someone did that to me and I almost bashed his nose into his face).

As for Anna's acting, I've mentioned before that she does need a little help. But honestly, I don't see anyone else taking the role of Lindsay Monroe. It just fits her like a glove.

By the way, here's a wallpaper I did out of sheer boredom. It's my first time to make one so forgive the simplicity. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/tennerz/ny_lindsaywp_montanagirl.jpg

Hey kids.
I was just reading the official review on here from Stealing Home, and this paragraph intrigued me, seemed appropriate to post it up here and get a discussion going about it. (And might change the mood of the last few posts.)

Vanessa Ferlito's return in next week's episode is set up in this one. When the attorney comes to Mac complaining about how Pratt is being "harassed," I immediately thought of Aiden. Clearly, Aiden must not have let go of the case when Mac fired her in "Grand Murder at Central Station". That Aiden wasn't able to let go of the Pratt case after it basically ended her career isn't surprising, and given the insight we got into Lindsay in her final scene in the episode, I wonder if this is something the two women might have in common. It's an intriguing possibility.

I definitely had not thought of this, and I think it’s fantastic. I’ve been wondering how they plan to have Lindsay and Aiden interact (clearly they can’t NOT interact), and this sort of gives them some unspoken common ground. Even if, say, they don’t end up speaking at all through the episode, I can see Lindsay obviously knowing what happened to Aiden (whether she’s going to be told or whether she already knows cuz she’s got her job is irrelevant), but once Lindsay gets a bit more into the case, I think she’ll likely understand Aiden’s obsession with it, as she became slightly obsessed with last week’s Montana-Mermaid case. Mmmmmm excited for tomorrow’s episode. My friend has time-shifting, so I might go to her place to watch it 3 hours earlier than I can on my regular cable, haha!!!

Excellent point! Maybe this will be her wakeup call … . I can understand her connecting to the mermaid, but the last scene at the jail was a little much, and just a little creepy. Perhaps, all three final scenes (Mac/Lindsay, Lindsay/jail, Mac/Adam) were acting as a lead-in for this episode.

This makes sense, the more I think about it. You can see the connection when Mac is talking to Lindsay, “I still lose sleep over the unsolved ones,” and there is the obvious scene with Mac and Adam in the office reviewing the Pratt case. Why would they have the random scene of Lindsay in the jail right smack in between? Another parallel in an episode crammed with parallels – Aiden stalking Pratt/Lindsay stalking for answers.

Hopefully this will make her realize that sometimes you just have to let it go, no matter how personally it affects you.

FlyGirl21 said:

Hopefully this will make her realize that sometimes you just have to let it go, no matter how personally it affects you.

Before she does something that'd put her job on the line.

I had a thought that I wanted to run past you guys, since we tend to talk a lot about Lindsay’s character and how she deals with situations etc.
So here’s the thought I had – she was pretty shaken up this past week when she learned that the victim was from Montana, and she obviously felt a personal connection. It occurred to me that we’re now going to add the demise of the person she came to NY to *replace*. Does no one else see a slight issue with Lindsay and this situation, should she make this connection??? Just a thought!!!

I hope not. I don't really want to see her all emotional again. Don't get me wrong, I like that she has gotten emotional, but three, possibly four, episodes in a row of on-edge, emotional Lindsay is just too much.

Back