Say NO to Homophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.
DaWacko said:
^I'm sorry but that's just way of saying for some people and shouldn't be taken that way. Just like in grades 7-9 you call everyone "gay" when they are stupid/idiotic or you just hate them. There is no deeper meaning.

It's just a fashion word.
I know, but still. It'd be racist if you said something like "That's so black" or "That's so Mexican" (not "That's so white" because only white people can be racist, of course. :rolleyes: but that's another issue for another day..)
I dunno. It seems like it's just another way to align homosexuality with wrongdoing.

JayneEmilysRealm said:
Uhm.. yeah.. I told my parents two days ago.. rough conversation, they didn't expect it of me (come on, mum! I told her years ago.. arghh.. see it wasn't just a phase.. when I confronted that with her she said: "really? hmm I forgot about that then." *sigh*) My dad was awfully quiet, mum too actually.. but after a while they wanted to see pictures so I showed her, and they reacted well.. my dad also said that he just wants to see me happy and he said he was proud that I told them.. :) I'll just give them some time to get used to the idea.. but to be honest I really thought that they would accept it easier.

Luckily I have so much support of many of you guys, especially you, Casper ;) My friends all reacted really cool, they all want to meet her and stuff. They're really happy for me!

Honey, I'm glad to hear you finally had the courage to tell your folks. If they asked for a pic, it might be a good sign. Maybe someday you can introduce your girlfriend to them face-to-face. It may be hard at first but it will get better. Much hugs as always. :)

quoth and the rest of you darlings, take heart. There ARE Christians out there who do not believe in homophobia. In fact, I found this great site called Faith in America. It's made up of devout Christians and has ads with a powerful impact. There's also a guestbook to sign. Something tells me this organization will become very prominent in the near future.

onlynic said:
It sounds like everyone could use a hug or two so ((((squeeze)))) to all of you wonderful people.

Sorry i haven't been around- health issues-- anyway, i'm not sure if i've mentioned this already, but i spoke to a preist and he told me that god loves me for who and what i am. And that if anything he would like me to except myself for who I am and not lie about it or try to cover it up. Since that talk, i've felt a lot more comfy with who i am-- even though i'm going to have to get lesbian tattooed to my forhead before my father gets the idea.

I wish that there were more people like all of you in the world-- i wonder if people are more excepting than they let on for fear that others might think they are gay/bi/lesbian-- just a thought. Anyway, thanks for supporting everyone-- i know it means a lot to me and i'm sure it does others as well!

You know, not being religious myself, I find I fall too easily into the "Religion sucks!" frame of mind when it comes to many issues, including homophobia. But every once in a while, I hear something like this and it renews my faith in... well, faith! :lol:

I guess it just goes to show that, while you can find assholes anywhere, including the church, good people are good people and you can find them everywhere too, no matter what they do- doctor, salesman, priest.

Thanks for posting such a positive note. Gives a person hope. :)

Lia said:
DaWacko said:
^I'm sorry but that's just way of saying for some people and shouldn't be taken that way. Just like in grades 7-9 you call everyone "gay" when they are stupid/idiotic or you just hate them. There is no deeper meaning.

It's just a fashion word.
I know, but still. It'd be racist if you said something like "That's so black" or "That's so Mexican" (not "That's so white" because only white people can be racist, of course. :rolleyes: but that's another issue for another day..)
I dunno. It seems like it's just another way to align homosexuality with wrongdoing.

I have to say that every time I get mad at my sis I say "fucking lesbian" or I use form "lessu" and then I feel kind of bad because she is dating a woman...

So yeah, I kind of see your point but sometimes people are too easily to be offended. In teenagers language there's lots of misused words, not just word "gay"

Ya know when it comes to saying "that's gay" I don't really get offended. I mean the word gay has different meanings to begin with, like happy. And i will admit to saying "that's so gay"! I think that it means that something is a lil different, some use it in a good way of different others use it in a bad way of different. I like to be different, and not just my sexual orientation. I'm unique all the way around and i love it.

I however don't like it when ppl. use the meaning to hurt someone. That's just plain mean! Come on we should've got over calling names in the second grade!

Okay, so, I'm in the movie theater today and I'm watching Scary Movie 4. There's a scene and two guys are kissing and almost everyone in the theater goes, "Eeeeeew!" I almost started laughing :lol:

lol. thats so sad, that they find it comical!

i was thinking, when i went with my mom to see Brokeback Mountain, it was us and a bunch of old ladies in the theatre. only because most guys might be uncomfterable in a gaysex scene.

BUT, you know if the tables were turned and it was two girls secretly in love, guess who would dominate the theatre?

I went to the theatre some months ago with a friend, it was a musical about homosexuality.. and when the two guys kissed everyone was like: *woot* *woot* :lol:

Alright, so my parents are fully aware of me being really in love.. I said I was going over to her place for two nights and mum tried to prevent me (but uhm.. no one prevents me, I'm an adult and can take care of myself - when I was 19 I travelled through Ireland on my own for two months). She also said: "Alright.. but you'll have to tell your father yourself." So me: :eek: Dad came home, mum left for work. I told dad and while I'm bracing myself for big impact, dad's like: "Alright, does her parents know? Good. Well then, have fun!" :lol: :lol: I told mum the other day and she was so disappointed, she's alright with it though.. she just thinks things are going too fast!! :rolleyes:

The whole 'gay' thing doesn't affect me. Like I said before, my way is dealing with young teenagers and I tell them it means 'happy' and all of a sudden it's not such a fun word after all anymore :p Also, I think they have no clue what they're saying, it's got nothing to do with homosexuals at all. Like, we Dutch, we swear our arses off by using terrible diseases.. but honestly, I have no idea what some of those diseases are.. I'm not even aware that it's a disease, it's just a word on it's own.

Okay, so, I'm in the movie theater today and I'm watching Scary Movie 4. There's a scene and two guys are kissing and almost everyone in the theater goes, "Eeeeeew!" I almost started laughing

the same thing happened when I went to see "V for Vendetta" I just rolled my eyes and giggled.

Does anyone else have problems with the fact that their parents are more or less in denial?? I mean, hey my parents accept it and know it and all.. but once in a while they're like: "soooo, when you find this guy, you get married, and have kids.." :rolleyes: mum, dad, face it, that's probably never going to happen!! Well, even when I was younger I never wanted to get married and kids.. hmm.. probably not either.

^^ I kinda know what you mean! I haven't come out to my family but when I once broached the subject with my mum she just said "No you're not, you'll get married to a nice boy and have children." Doubtful mum very doubtful! :lol:

^^ Ohh I can so picture my mum walking around the house, just talking out loud to herself.. "my daughter is straight.. yes.. she is.. she's darn straight.. just as straight as the eiffeltower.. she's going to get married to this cute guy.. have loads of kids.. blablablabla" heh.. it's kinda sad though.. for them :lol:

haha! I'd say my mum does the exact same thing! She says that whatever I decide is my choice and then completely dismisses everything I've said!

Ohhhh totally! We were brought up with the idea that homosexuality is part of this world we live in.. and they always said: "if one of you is gay.. hey, so be it, as long as you're happy.. we're happy and things are cool.. and we'd be proud and never be ashamed of telling us etc etc etc.." But now that it actually happened, it's like.. they don't stick to what they said :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back