Sid Hammerback - The coroner with the coolest glasses.

Originally Posted by Monster Mash:
Hehe, it's awesome that Sid is becoming more popular, maybe it'll make TPTB realise how much he means to the fans and finally give him some great material to work with... I'm totally with you Cyn, I'm in dire need of a great Sid fix, I really hope that we get to see him even make a passing reference to halloween, that would be so awesome. :adore:

Yes with the Sid-popularity! :thumbsup:It's unreal how much I've been missing him and his Sid-ness ever since S6 started -- and with all the lovely extra-Sid we got in Season 5 this just seems downright cruel of tptb :shifty: I'm going to keep hoping for a nice Halloween moment from him in 6.06 -- or at least, maybe he'll know something interesting about "food-sploshing", too :guffaw: Between him and Adam, that could make the entire episode.

Originally Posted by Vildis:
Okay, I hope I am allowed to change the subject a little bit here. I've reading all posts in this thread but haven't seen anyone who mentioned Amityville 3. Well, Robert Joy was in that movie and his character Elliot West is quite similar to Sid Hammerback. At least, I think so. Just wanted to ask if someone else have seen it and maybe agrees??

I'm pretty curious about this movie, now...only I don't do too well with horror movies :lol: (And I think I honestly will cry if Rob Joy's one of the characters to die in it.) It seems like such a perfect role for him, I agree with everyone here who's said so. It's not just that he's creepy or passionate about his job, he's very endearing about it to boot.

Sid is definitely one of a kind, and I don't think anyone could play the role quite so well as Rob does. :D

LOL, I was listening to some more Season 3 commentaries yesterday, and some of tptb said the exact same thing :lol: Robert Joy should really trademark the whole "creepy mortician" thing, he's got it down cold.

Oh, I've never seen it, to be honest, I don't think I've saw any of Rob's stuff other than NY... But his character was like Sid?

The funny thing is that I own the movie. I bought it as it was cheap. But I never noticed thar Robert was in it, as he looks so different. But when I watched it again last week, I was screaming out load. As I could see it was him, just younger. Haha,

The character (Elliot West, as I mentioned before) is like Sid, just less creepy and more competent. The way he talks about stuff and try to explain it is really similar to Sid Hammerback though :lol:

I'm pretty curious about this movie, now...only I don't do too well with horror movies :lol: (And I think I honestly will cry if Rob Joy's one of the characters to die in it.) It seems like such a perfect role for him, I agree with everyone here who's said so. It's not just that he's creepy or passionate about his job, he's very endearing about it to boot.

Then you will probably cry if you see this movie (sorry for this little spoiler). Although the movie is awful and not scary at all. The worst amityville movie out there.

Sid is definitely one of a kind, and I don't think anyone could play the role quite so well as Rob does. :D

LOL, I was listening to some more Season 3 commentaries yesterday, and some of tptb said the exact same thing :lol: Robert Joy should really trademark the whole "creepy mortician" thing, he's got it down cold.
:lol: I'm glad to hear that TPTB agree with me... Maybe they could do something to show it? Give him more material and screentime? That would be a start... *Hint hint* You're right, he really has got it down to tee, no one could do it quite like he does, there's just something about him that makes it so darn awesome.

Then you will probably cry if you see this movie (sorry for this little spoiler). Although the movie is awful and not scary at all. The worst amityville movie out there.

Why
the endearing characters...well, it might be worth seeing after all, though, if only to see Robert Joy looking much younger. Have to admit I can't quite picture it :lol:

Originally Posted by Monster_Mash:
:lol: I'm glad to hear that TPTB agree with me... Maybe they could do something to show it? Give him more material and screentime? That would be a start... *Hint hint* You're right, he really has got it down to tee, no one could do it quite like he does, there's just something about him that makes it so darn awesome.
Exactly *nudges TPTB* He had great material in S5, and Joy's commentary on the S5 DVD is so funny, that I can't believe they'd stop his development so soon. I loved that section in "Help" when he invited Mac and Stella to listen to those subway players, because it was astonishingly normal and yet quirky for Sid :lol: He blends the three -- quirkiness, normalness, creepiness -- all so well. He deserves a whole storyline of his own, if you ask me, but I'd love to see even an episode-story for him this season.

Why the endearing characters...well, it might be worth seeing after all, though, if only to see Robert Joy looking much younger. Have to admit I can't quite picture it :lol:

Is it that difficult to imagine how he used to look (when he was young)? :lol:

I can help you a little bit. Not the best pictures though. I am just going to post the links, in case someone here doesn't want to see a younger Robert.

http://www.filmdope.com/Gallery/ActorsJ/8992-25454.gif
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Y8kJ1hK0XoM/SagydATmwdI/AAAAAAAAAs0/lDHDlWTcg9M/s320/robert_joy.jpg
http://www.northernstars.ca/lsphotos/joy_robert_250.jpg

Oh Thanks Vildis!!!!!!! :D Robert look adorable in those one (the last one especially) :D
I haven't seen that movie either however i do feel Sid needs more space and screentime. He won his own place and nobody could replace his creepy mood :D
Actually we need more funny moments and Sid's remarks have been missed lately.Also i think he could be great as the Big Ear. Someone all could trust their problems and doubts looking for advice. :)

Thanks for sharing!!!!!!

You're welcome, but it was difficult to find old pictures of him.

I'm not sure if Sid would fit as a good listener. He would probably just come up with strange ideas and frighten the others. He's someone special, you know? ;)

But I agree, he's missed. But as long as Sheldon replaces Sid, we won't see Sid. He needs to come back very soon, before I get awful withdrawal symptoms.

I can help you a little bit. Not the best pictures though. I am just going to post the links, in case someone here doesn't want to see a younger Robert.

http://www.filmdope.com/Gallery/ActorsJ/8992-25454.gif
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Y8kJ1hK0Xo...robert_joy.jpg
http://www.northernstars.ca/lsphotos/joy_robert_250.jpg

:guffaw:I agree with LadyPumpkin, he looks really cute in those pics...but see, completely different from what I would have pictured a younger Robert Joy to look like :lol: (Although his features in general haven't changed -- if I saw him in one of his earlier movies/shows, I'd probably be able to recognize him.)

And I'm also really hoping that Hawkes doesn't replace Sid, and not just because Hawkes spent all that time working toward becoming a full-out cop/CSI (why just have him go back to the ME's office?). Sid needs to come back in the capacity he was in during Seasons 4 and 5, when he was constantly picking at the vics' bodies and bringing the team information throughout the episode. I don't get why now, we only get one autopsy scene (if that) :(

He does seem to be more about frightening the others than simply listening with a quiet ear, but on the other hand he seems to really be one to invite people to talk, and to draw them out...if only because they're in awe over his creepiness :lol: Has anyone else noticed that? I think with the possible exceptions of Adam and Danny, everyone on the team has spilled to Sid on a personal level at least once before. It's definitely a special quality he has. And we haven't seen nearly enough of it lately.

Vildis!!!
You're welcome, but it was difficult to find old pictures of him.

I'm not sure if Sid would fit as a good listener. He would probably just come up with strange ideas and frighten the others. He's someone special, you know? ;)

But I agree, he's missed. But as long as Sheldon replaces Sid, we won't see Sid. He needs to come back very soon, before I get awful withdrawal symptoms.

I have learnt to appreciate Sid. Don't worry ;) but again i don't know why we should choose between one or the other when in the past we have had Sid interacting with everybody else. Sheldon has his own place in the same way Sid has his own place too
I don't think he would be frighten the team because all of them know he is SID! :D

And i do feel he could work as the EAR. Maybe not to everyone. But he had listened Stella and Donnie and he has shared a lot of time with Sheldon before

Priceless scenes have been that one with Stell when she had to explain him she could be infected and with Donnie in 5.25

Maya!!!!!
He does seem to be more about frightening the others than simply listening with a quiet ear, but on the other hand he seems to really be one to invite people to talk, and to draw them out...if only because they're in awe over his creepiness :lol: Has anyone else noticed that? I think with the possible exceptions of Adam and Danny, everyone on the team has spilled to Sid on a personal level at least once before. It's definitely a special quality he has. And we haven't seen nearly enough of it lately.
This is exactly what i was talking about! :D

Okay, I will skip the quoting here, as it would be a really huge post. So I will reply to you both in the same one. It's not really aimed to one specific person.

What I meant is that Sid goes too far sometimes, and goes to that creepy place. Then he just barely talks and listens, which can scare people greatly. I would at least feel bad, and and feel that I would rush when he really started going with his creepy talk. But hey, that's me. Even Sheldon thinks that Sid goes too far sometimes (but only when Sid goes to that creepy place). And Mac, he seems to tease Sid sometimes. Remember that autopsy scene with Sid and Mac, where Sid wanted to conduct one on himself, and Mac joked and said that he also wanted to do that, before Sid realizes that Mac was only having fun. :guffaw:The others react different, depending on the character.

I don't remember the Sid/Don part in 5x25, so have to watch that again before I say anything more.

And Mac, he seems to tease Sid sometimes. Remember that autopsy scene with Sid and Mac, where Sid wanted to conduct one on himself, and Mac joked and said that he also wanted to do that, before Sid realizes that Mac was only having fun. :guffaw:The others react different, depending on the character.
:lol: :lol: :lol: i just love Mac's odd stare when he listens Sid and how much fun he got doing that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Regarding 5.25 it's not Donnie and Sid talked too much. It's much more how caring Sid was when he went to the morgue and Don was still there. Sid said more with that behaviour than with a ton of empty words:thumbsup:

well probably you are right an he would frigtern people but if i loved Sid i would accept him as he is :D

Last edited:
What do you mean with: "but if i loved Sid i would accept him as he is". I thought you already loved the character. Or did you talk about something else here? Anyway, I really like Sid. Even if he's creepy and is able to scare the **** out of me sometimes, I would still love being around him. It would make my day!

He was back yesterday. What do you think?

Last edited:
^ Favourite Sid scene of this season so far! :lol: I love that he came all the way up to the lab, and participated in the experiment just because he's fascinated with the idea of explosive/corrosive orange juice. :p That was just so him, maybe the most "him" moment we've had in a while.

^ I totally agree.:)

Seeing Sid in the lab totally made my day. I loved the way he wore his little lab coat and went all CSI on us.:lol:

But when I think about it, I love most of the scenes between Sid and Danny. Those two are too funny together.

What do you mean with: "but if i loved Sid i would accept him as he is". I thought you already loved the character. Or did you talk about something else here? Anyway, I really like Sid. Even if he's creepy and is able to scare the **** out of me sometimes, I would still love being around him. It would make my day!
I already do!!!!! I was trying to say if the team loves him, all of them will accept him as he is. And I think they already do ;)

I haven't watched 6.06 yet :(

Priceless moment from Help 5.12 :D

2x19_Super_Men_281629_copia.jpg

(sorry. All my piccies are strongly influenced by my ship LOL)

CSI_NY_5x12_Help154.jpg

Back