Criminal Minds #2: How May We Save Your Ass Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely. I was going to post it for you when I got back from work, but now I don't have to. *smirk*

I'm thinking of trying to recap some of the S2/3/4 episodes that aren't "The Instincts", "Memoriam", "52 Pickup", "Demonology", "Masterpiece", "About Face", "Children of the Dark", or "Open Season". Any suggestions?

No spoilers recently. I kind of want some info on the spinoff so I know whether I'm going to have something else to be overly invested in. Or, you know, spoilers on whether or not it's Dave's turn to get his ass kicked by an UnSub. Oooo... a character in danger episode would be fun while Morgan's in charge. Although I don't think we're having one any time soon.

Oh, darn. I shoulda let you do that.

Um... I like 'Profiler, Profiled', 'Lucky', and 'Penelope'. But you already knew that.

Do we really need something else to devote our souls to? Really? Because I think my soul is spread too thin as it is. But I do want to know what's going on. Because now I'm just interested.

Okay, Character in Danger with Unit Chief Morgan would be epic. That will go on my list of Things I Wish Would Happen But Probably Won't.

Okay, the FBI is gonna kill me. Because you know the little girl who was murdered, Somer Thomson? That was near me. It breaks my heart, and I'm just watching it on the news. To be a part of it? Em needs to teach me how to compartmentalize.

Alex, I stole the screencap for my avatar for now. But it won't let me have a signature, which was where I was going to credit. Sorry.

I don't care. It's just a screencap. (That I didn't even make myself. I just searched the internet.) You can't have a signature? That's weird...

I feel sad for people, but I've always kinda been able to focus that into frustrated energy, so I think I'll be okay.

Eh, TV-wise my soul's only devoted to CM and ocassionally Em and/or Dave. I can have another show.

I can do "Penelope". No promises on when I'll be done it, though.

ETA: Wow. What the hell did I do.

Hey, Bryn... Here's your recap And when I say "recap", I mean... actually a recap. Huh.

Also:
Morgan W/ Baby Avatar
Morgan W/ Baby Avatar W/ Your Reaction
Morgan W/ Baby Avatar (Lighter)
Morgan W/ Baby Signature

Want something, take it.

Last edited:
Quick reply and more tomorrow.

Awesomesauce recap. I may do one like that for... 'Profiler, Profiled'... Or something. One I will have to find on tape.

Those avatars are WIN. I am using them because I love them. And it still hates me and won't let me have a signature- I tried to use the one of Em and Jayje.

All right, I'll actualy say something worth it tomorrow.

Have you uploaded the sig to a server like Photobucket, and then copied the IMG tag and pasted in the signature box? Because that was the only was I could get it to work for me.

I finally stopped being (as) lazy and did my review for "Reckoner". I'll probably do Hopeless tomorrow... and maybe Cradle to Grave if I really decide to do work.

I don't know why I full-out recapped Penelope. Just an experiment, really. I might do Minimal Loss if I have some free time, because I <3 that episode. Despite (or maybe because of?) the fact that my favorite character gets her ass kicked.

Aww... that cap/icon of Morgan with the baby is so cute.

Does anyone happen to know where I can find a cap of Reid holding baby Henry? I haven't been able to find one.

Hm. I'd probably be able to find something. The problem is that I despise those episodes (not because of JJ), so I don't have any caps on file. If worse comes to worse I'll fastforward to the end for you, GNRF. :D

I wanted to discuss damage/PTSD, but I don't have time to write what I'm thinking because I need to get ready for school. So, I'll either edit this or reply later.

Do you despise that episode because of Jordan? :lol:

do you know the name of the episode [where JJ gives birth] and what season (I can't keep up with the season number lol)?

Two reasons: 1) Jordan 2) Reid!Episode!Overload! (I think at that point of the season I was "Emily or JJ or Rossi backstory or none at all". I don't even really know why.)

It was season 4 episodes "The Instincts" and "Memoriam". I think Jaje was just *really close* in TI, and actually gave birth in M.

To start off with, I found a great Flair on Facebook: "Another Let's Traumatize Reid Ep". It's called "Poor Spencer", but I renamed it "If These Things Don't Stop Revolving Around Reid And His Bottomless Pit of PTSD, I May Injure Someone".

Okay, so... I posted a blog entry http://spenchandfranish.blogspot.com/2009/10/old-criminal-minds.html basically comparing Seasons 1 and 2 to now. I'm sorry the link is retarded, but I have no idea how to do linky things. Alex will have to teach me.

I'm also about to post about my favorite scenes- but I think I'll do it here first. Since I'm already here and lazy.

• The end of 'Legacy', where the team is gathered watching the Charlie Chaplin movie. It's so cute: Garcia is feeding Morgan Twizzlers, Em and Jayje are throwing popcorn at Reid... Even Gideon was laughing. It was adorable.
  • The begininng of 'Open Season', when the girls are in the bar, messing with "Brad"... This may be my favorite scene EVER. I love our ladies.
  • The conversation in 'The Boogeyman' where Jayje, Derek and Reid talk about what they're afraid of. Jayje tells a fake story and Reid is afraid of the dark because of the inherent absence of light.
  • The beginning of 'Profiler, Profiled' with Reid and his physics magic. Em and Jayje always make me laugh. And then Hotch is Mom. Plus, we're still pre-'Revelations'.
  • 'Scared to Death' when Morgan and Reid were trapped in the elevator... Okay, there are a few post-'Revelations' moments where I like Reid. But it was FUNNY.
  • Here's a dramatic one for you- Morgan staying at Garica's in 'Penelope'. The whole "I love you" thing, and him comforting her, and my personal favorite- "I don't believe in guns!" "Trust me, they're very real!"
  • 'True Night', where Morgan threatens to spank Garcia, hits Reid, and then Reid complains to Jayje, who threatens to ground them.
  • Morgan's bomb scene in 'Mayhem'. Hello! It was GOOD.
  • Jayje going into labor in 'Memoriam'... I love Garcia's reaction, and her saying she doesn't even play a doctor on TV.
  • Reid having to stay behind with garica in 'Reckoner'. Their bickering that entire episode was hilarious.
So... That's all I can think of at the moment. Clearly, I love our ladies, and there are quite a few good Morgan/Garcia scenes I love. And, surprisingly, Reid. He can occasionally be cool. Key word is occasionally.

*Sigh* I want to watch 'Cradle to Grave' again. I have got to start taping these things.

*snicker* I have every episode this season except for Nameless, Faceless on DVD-R. I learned that it's 100x easier to review them when I have the option to go and watch them again. Plus, I can use them to get my parents to not watch lame television when I want to watch television. Win!

I'd like to point out, Bryn, that I think you secretly like Reid. *g*

To do the spiffy url, you put

For example, if I want to link to my reaction post for the possible CM spinoff, I'd write [ url = [URL]http://ssa-alexk.livejournal.com/6291.html
]CM Spinoff?[ / url ] and without the spaces it would appear in the post like this: CM Spinoff?

There's your crash course in urling. :D

Anyhow. Favorite scenes, huh? Well, while we're on the subject, I might as well make a mini-list of some of my favorites.

~Open Season was definitely one of my favorites, even if the only part I really like is "Tell me, Brad, does it look anything like this?" "Or this?" "Or maybe this?"
~The end of No Way Out, Part II is probably one of my favorite scenes, ever. Hotch's profile of the team is one of those things that I've watched so many times I can practically recite it by heart.
~This is going to sound really strange, but I've seen the confrontation and aftermath scene in Minimal Loss about a hundred times ("Which one of you is the FBI agent" and Emily's subsequent beating). For an Emily fan this probably sounds like a weird favorite scene, and maybe I wouldn't refer to it as a "favorite", but I really love the reactions of Reid, Rossi, Morgan, and Hotch throughout the whole thing. Plus, "I can take it". Ow, in an I-just-doubled-my-respect-for-you way.
~Scared to Death and True Night's examples from Bryn's list are two things I liked, too.
~"Rossi gets a fruitcup with lunch!" That is all. (Roadkill. And, by extension, "Rossi gets a gold star", Cradle To Grave)
~Emily and Reid talking about Gideon's letter in Scared to Death.
~"He's so lifelike." (The Angel Maker)
~"You know, there are better places to take a girl for coffee." (Demonology)
~"Don't Emily me." (Amplification)
~"*smirk* To study his style up close and personal, it's going to take somebody that he's already attracted to." "Oh. Oh, this is going to suck." (52 Pickup, which is an episode I hated but I liked that one scene.)

Basically, I just quoted dialogue at you. But it's easier than explaining scenes.

I love the character, Reid, and I think his continued PTSD is very realistic. I don't like it when the writers of shows have a character involved in something utterly horrible and then have the character act like he or she is completely past it in the next episode.

On another note, Hotch not being in charge of the team makes me uneasy. But the writers of this show seem to really know what they're doing, so I'm sure we'll get some great character interactions from this. I wonder if Rossi is going to be miffed at not being the one chosen by Hotch to be the team leader. But there must be a reason why Hotch didn't pick him.

I don't really think Rossi will care, honestly. I have a feeling that Rossi's gotten to a point where he sees what happens in the team and knows why it's happening. He's the one that noticed that something was wrong with Hotch in Omnivore; he's the one that noticed that something was wrong with Emily in Demonology; he's the one that noticed that something was wrong with Jordan in Normal. He notices stuff. I think he's already noticed that there's trouble with Hotch, and I think he knows that if Hotch was to do something like this, it's probably the best choice under the current options.

Maybe I'm making this up, but I honestly doubt that he'll make a deal about it.

Eh... tomorrow I'll bring up what I've noticed with PTSD. I really need to go to bed. Lol.

ETA: I have... 5 minutes before I need to go to school. Plenty of time to ramble. Lol.

Anyway, what I was trying to say was that I was writing the review for Reckoner and I started thinking about trauma. I've been trying to figure out Emily's issues, but every time I try, I get waaay too many things for one person to handle. So I wanted to bring up her reactions/issues that we've seen in S2, 3, 4, and 5 and see if I'm just crazy.

Suicide (particularly by hanging) [Higher Power]; letters [Scared to Death]; possibly abuse ("I can take it" is an abuse-survivor response according to the one blog I read) [Minimal Loss]; children (although that one's been explained); lying [several, most recently Amplification]; and then there's her continuing apparent issues concerning her mother

Does this seem like an awful lot to anyone? Especially since I'm not sure I've gotten all of them?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back