Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Just watched the promo video and pictures of 8.03 :scream:
    Eric: one second in the promo video, not one picture in the pictures' promo!
    Calleigh: nothing! No picture, no video clip, NOTHING!
    Some Natalia, Ryan, H ... etc. and LOTS of Jessie :wtf:! I don't mind Jessie, but didn't they already properly introduce him in the first two epis? Do they need to push him to the forefront in every episode? Will this show turn into " the H & Jessie show"? I really hope not!
    I think we're gonna need a LOT of patience this season :rolleyes:; Sadly, I don't think we'll get any E/C development/resolution before we're almost at the end of it!
    I'm trying very hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel! I guess I can always count on my fellow hiphuggers for support, right ;)?

2. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Well You know I am here:hugegrin:. Seems our numbers are going down again:confused:

I am soooo looking forward to your opinion on the Eric shot? and the longhaired blond in the kitchen?

IMO the Eric is a fantasyshot but who´s and why????
    The blond in the kitchen a fake Call or Jesse in his young days making it as a toy boy?

3. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Thanks Aj, I know I can always count on you :)!
    As for the promo video, I think any comment on it belongs in the spoiler box, don't you agree ;) ?

Looks like there are actually several make out scenes in this epi :rolleyes:. I think I caught three in all. One of the couples kissing in the house... teenagers making out. The other one, it's Cheryl Ladd's character making out with a guy on the couch. There's also a lovemaking scene with a couple making out in bed, and the woman in that one looks like the actress Tia Carrere. Honestly :rolleyes:, if CSIM writers can come up with makeout scenes for guest stars, why can't they write a nice one for E/C?
    As for Eric's shot, I seriously have no idea where and what kind of scene it's from. Maybe he just finished his tetimony and he's looking back at the lab to catch a glimpse of Calleigh... One thing is clear, he doesn't look like he's at any crime scene.

4. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

:lol:Mayby it is b/c we are the only ones here.......I "forgot" to use the spoilertag.

Well at least we have something to make people curious..:)
    did you read the comments? I am not the only one who thinks it looks like a "leaving" shot.:(:(. But on the bright side. It is positivly coloured and softly edges so someone is looking at him happy or he is leaving happy. But in this day and age it might be H or C or Frank:lol:. Who knows ....:confused:
    Realisticly speaking they leave him leaving as an open book if order for fans to "guess" the ending.......IMO that is so overused....But would leave any ship including Eric with hope.
    But the question remains "hyping the kiss" will that leave normal fan:wtf: or is the normal fan so frickel(?) it doesn´t matter?
    And our hope that the clan is big enough to make an impact. So far the Jesse -fanbase is picking up tempo but at the same rate Adamfans are leaving? And in our case will Jessefanbase and Hfanbase be enough when hiphuggerclan leaves. I know some of the "old" hiphugger will watch anyway. But some (mayby many) will not. Uhhh it is gonna be exciting to see the end. Let me pose this question:
    A drop in ratings will:
    1. bring Eric popping sooner then we expected?
    2. bring Eric popping to finish E/C ship?
    3. bring Eric in to pump ratings and keep E/C together?

And D&D - I know - how you get...;) For the question take off hiphuggersunnies and answer normalviewerstyle....b/c we both know what we demand.:guffaw:

OH ---wait----I know what song should end hiphuggerclan....."Imagine" by John Lennon.
    Because that is what we are all about. Don´t you agree?

5. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Hey Aj, you're so right! It really feels like we're having a private conversation here :guffaw:!

Ok, I'll try :rolleyes: to take off my hiphuggersunnies and answer your questions!
    In general, I think there's gonna be a big shift in CSIM fanbase.
    -A lot of Adam's fans will leave
    -Some (probably many) of hiphuggers' fans will leave
    -New fans will join. As you mentioned, Eddie/Jesse is picking up some fans.
    -Some of the E/C "dislikers" will be back. But they will be by far outnumbered by the "likers" who'd leave.
    -In general, the show's ratings are not what they used to be, even though it still holds the top spot in its time slot.

Personally? I'll probably stick around till the end of the season. But I noticed a change in the way I watch the show also. Usually, I really look forward to it. And everybody around me knows that I have an invisible sign that says "do not disturb, it's CSIM time":guffaw:I don't just watch the show at 10:00 PM on Mondays, because I can also catch the earlier (earlier time zone) showing! So, I watch it at 7:00 PM & 10:00 PM, and then, if I really like the episode, I'll watch it again at 11:00 PM & 12:00 AM, on the later time zone channels. ! Talk about being addicted :guffaw:! But l didn't do that last week! I only watched the 7:00 PM one. I didn't feel like watching it again. And I think it will get worse when Adam leaves for good :(. One thing is guaranteed, if ever Emily/Calleigh were to leave the show, nothing will hold me back. I don't care for any of the other characters enough to continue watching the show.

6. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Hi D&D

I am soo glad to see you...:thumbsup:

How are you? Ops ...this is not a chatroom...:guffaw:

You are so right....my viewers behavior has changed too. Nowdays I cheat and go on Tubeland. Pick out the scene I like....Guess which characters are ALLWAYS present in thoose scene.:hugegrin:. And I plan to watch the rest of this season the same way. AND if hiphuggerclan ever should "die" I will go to disliketread as they would certainly let me know which scenes to watch.:guffaw::guffaw:.
    I allways like the darker tone of LV as to murders so it will not be a loss not to see the crimes on Miami.
    Which is actually quite sad. You remember the one where Nat ´s sister got abducted by the photoguy. I really enjoyed that episode and it had nothing to do with shipline but I was watching just in case.....Now see - that will not be happing again. Which as to ratings should matter. AS WE ARE NOT alone. They might not be posting like addicts such as me. But viewsrating for tread is still raising all through slower then before.

Well no matter what happens I will allways have "All in" rescue.:adore:

Thinking back makes me smile....Wasn´t to keen on Ericcharacter back then. But Adams act SUPERB! and that changed viewing as far as I am concerned.

Am really really sad as La.ll seems to have found a better Halloween Party then us....Am now chanting songs and burning candels to bring back Evil Spirit.

Where in Miami is:nwolfson22,SomewhereApart, ec4evr, Delkolover, Marija_Magdalena, Rhee52 and CHEAR?

For C.H.E.A.R btw....I allready made your badge to join secret underground ship.....It is D&Ds avatar.
    The Logo on the t-shirt you allready know;)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  7. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Hey. Long time no here. :)

I watched the promo and to me it looks like Eric is outside in his shot. If you pause it at the exact right time it looks like there is a hummer behind him. Maybe he is outside the lab? Guess we'll find out in about 33 hours.

I really don't have a good feeling about out hiphuggers. My guess is that they will go bye bye. I hope I'm wrong but I just can't see them keeping a couple on the show when 1/2 of the couple is gone.:(

I too find my viewing different. I have never really been a fan of Eddie C. so it doesn't excite me that he is on the show. I'm slowly fading as a fan here and it's not just because of the lack of E/C.

8. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

:)
    Hi CoachMom

Yes indeed long time no see.....But a warm welcome ...You were missed...:)

Well! You know I agree on the bye - bye....Committing Call in lovestory might prove to difficult for writers and she might be of use in another loveship. But would you go as far as I do and say that it might be bye -bye for entire show? I do think they hype "the Kiss" as their other storyline aparantly didn´t pay off enough. Then "the Kiss" brings in the viewers and now they drop the ball(?).

IMO they hype storylines that work b/c they did have anything else up their sleeve ....then Adam leaves and they come up with Jesse.
    It might work for the time being. But if their producelstorylines cann´t sell the show then they will have to bring in yet another ship....Which they have all the time btw with Horatio. So....Hiphuggers might leave now (hopefull) while the going is ok....and then we could return for the show finale where they are bound to bring E/C as that was their showstopper and ratingrocket....Or do you foresee an endless casting and lovestoryline future for Miami?
    Please tell me if I am wrong.:). Hiphugger or not!

9. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

I have to echo those before me. I too prolly will move on and ship other people...but seriously TPTB made such a big freaking deal about, the kiss, then they drop the ball on the stories, and Adam leaves to top it all off. Seriously I think we would have been all happy if they just kept dancing around each other and then Adam left. The writers are essentially killing off the show on their own accord since they cannot figure out how to continue a storyline from one week to the other or even every other week. Let alone write for E/C OR Ryan or anyone else than H who basically writes his own show, gives it to the writers and says, "You should incorporate 90% of this into the show you are currently writing."
    I totally think they will continually add new people and try to build romantic relationships between team members, but honestly they really F-ed up with E/C and THEY know it.

All Hail E/C...all for one and one for all!

10. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Hey everyone! Sorry I didn't make it in here this weekend....the crying is keeping me up (La LLorona means the wailing woman, in case you didn't know. It's an old Mexican legend)

Ok, back on topic

I am anxious to see how they are going to handle this thing tomorrow between Eric & Calleigh. As nwolfson said they made a HUGE deal about the kiss and them being together and they are now essentially killing it before it starts. It's not fair, not fair I say!!! :scream::scream::scream:

I don't want them to put Calleigh with someone else as a rebound because that is very out of character for her. I am not losing faith in our ship, because if they don't live on TV, they will live on in fanfiction land. :lol:

I really do hope that both Emily & Adam are able to convince the writers that their characters do deserve a happy ending for all they have been through.

Yes my shipper heart is broken to see Adam/Eric leave, but I am holding on the little bit of hope that they will remain together. They have loved each other for a very long time. I hope that Calleigh fights for him, because I do feel that it is her turn to fight for this relationship. Eric has waited for so long to make his move (unfortunately it took her being in the hospital to come to this realization). I do hope that Calleigh wakes up one day and realizes that Eric has and always will be the one for her.

If I am not here tomorrow, its because I will most likely be crying...but I will do my best to work some Halloween magic to make these to whole once again ;)

11. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Hi nwolfson22 - Waves- and partner in crime...didn´t see you at first...we posted at the same time.:) and ec4vr is here...Waves at her too

I rushed in here soon as I could

I need highuggerhelp and urgent.....I just saw the Pats vs. Ravens and during the game there was a Miami theaser.....WITH A CALL - SHOT.

Has anyone seen that one ? It is NOT the same as promo in spoilertread without Call- shot......

IF you can please tell me if my eyes device me.......Her shot is right after Erics AND help me here:
    1. Is the coulering not the same?
    2. Is the 2 shots not mirrored as him looking at her and vs?
    3. And they smile and look happy?
    4. And does she look fuller and more rounded??? ( Anyone with babies knows what I mean)

IF I AM RIGHT......They(showrunners) are again hinted at a positive lovestoryline which is the complete oppersite of the resume/text version of episode. SO ....either they are going to change the outcome of ship or they are once again leading people on .....With happy smiles and love for ever.....

I beg any hiphuggers that can see CBS promo or theaser from NFL to help me here.

D&D if that promo speaks the truth ......WE HAVE SMOOTH SAILING AHEAD.

If the promo is made to draw in the crowd....1 They understand the importance of E/C as appeal to normal viewers. 2. They are going to let more then just Hiphuggers down if they drop this one.

Oj ....I feel I could go on forever now.....I tell you that clip....They know how much it matters....Will they or will they not dare fool people normal viewer include?.....Miami - showrunners I dare you.....You promo them AGAIN eventhough Adam is leaving and has landed a gig on Betty....Are you afraid of ratings:evil:? Well ..you better be:evil::devil::evil:.:guffaw::guffaw:Suddenly feel the need to state I am a peaceful and easygoing poster...:guffaw::guffaw:

THIS WAS AJBUCKLY and the dare.....

12. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

Hello again!
    No worries AJ-I'm not much of a poster but I am always around. Do you think I should check in for attendance?:lol:

Anyway what do you make of Adam R's replies to fans' tweets about his leaving the show and the ship:
    i'm sorry u feel let down. i came back 4 u. i still have 9 eps 2 pop in n out! let's c what happens. it's not in my control.

I'll still be on for 9 more episodes! Let them know how you feel.
    Thanks! It'll be a while but I'll be back! Stay tuned!

I'm there til the end of the season on and off but if you feel strongly, let 'em know what's on your mind!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

I gotta feeling that he'll be back next season. :thumbsup:

13. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Do you think I should check in for attendance?:lol:
    Either that or you better bring a note from your parents or your doctor:guffaw:

Anyway what do you make of Adam R's replies to fans' tweets about his leaving the show and the ship:
    i'm sorry u feel let down. i came back 4 u. i still have 9 eps 2 pop in n out! let's c what happens. it's not in my control

Yay we have someone that follows Adams tweets....well ...he seems really sad to disapoint fans....He certainly gets my respect for that...Bad note ...it´s not in my control...just shows us/me/ you that they are planing the open book for now...The reasons we have debated allready....BUT I am sorry to hear that they haven´t plan ahead....as if his popping is going to ratingsrelated all the way...I am not surprised..but disapointed...The inconsisty of hyping vs followthrough and inovating storylines....

I will get back to this shortly...It really boggles the mind...

As to
    I'll still be on for 9 more episodes! Let them know how you feel.
    Thanks! It'll be a while but I'll be back! Stay tuned!
    Adam....I might not have been of Eric all the time (in his playerdays).....but you are indeed a sweet and caring person....I think I am fan now...

Which makes undercovership even more important now:guffaw::guffaw: I can tell someone is lurking out there....if you get glimpse of the "other" promo, happy days are here again or at least until tomorrow night.

14. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

AJ-I haven't seen the other promo you are talking about...where can I watch it?
    If it's in the CBS website I can't watch it-I'm in Canada.

15. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

Oh goodness that had me rolling. So funny. But SO TRUE!! haha

Tomorrow night in my estimation is just going to re-open the cat in the bag for all the E/C shippers and personally I think it is going to do more damage than good.
    This whole Cougar story being highlighted on Miami just emphasizes and confirms what we're all saying about the writers and their inabilities to actually write for this show.

Adam's tweets-
    I really think Adam doesn't want to piss off his fans anymore than they already are and since we now know what went down with CBS I think he is trying to turn the negativity into something positive per say. However, I think he is personally over the whole ordeal and sees this as his chance to do something different and bring his fans with him as much as possible. Of course he is going to miss the cast and crew, heck if I was with people almost 24/7 for 7 years I would miss them too. However, Adam is very smart and understands how to do damage control.
    It would be wonderful for Adam to be able to make guest appearances, however, with Emily's contract negotiations probably happening right now I think after this season it might be unlikely. Unless of course they do my shipper heart good and have a breaking and entering case that happens right down the street from where they are living happily married and "the gang" stops by to say hello, I really don't have any faith that they will stop in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.