CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Start Spreading the News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

Is the audience supposed to watch all three shows --at least the crossover episodes-- in order to understand what's going on? If so, I'll skip NY altogether that week.

2. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^ My guess is that it'd help to watch all three eps, but it's probably not a requirement -- like the crossover from Miami that ended in "Manhattan Manhunt" in Season 2. Each show might have it's own "filler-exposition" segment to catch anyone up, in case they missed the other 2 shows. I have yet to watch the part of that S2 Darius storyline that started in CSI:Miami, but I could still pretty much tell what was going on.

3. CCA

CCA Police Officer

am I the only one really not looking forward to the crossover thing? I just want Flack lmfao

Which brings me to my next question, about Stella. I know my friend read me a while back ago in the tv guide about some of the stuff coming and that Stella was suppose to help Flack or reach out to him. Did anybody else catch that? Or read that, for that matter.

4. shippyangel

shippyangel Rookie

LOL! well, he's definitely an eye candy. ;)

i haven't but i'm up for it. if anyone reads about it, PLEASE POST! i'm dying to see something like that!!

5. LittleMax

LittleMax Victim

Hey! This is the article that CCA is talking about from TVGuide, saying Stella will be "supportive"..... it's supposed to be the season premier preview, but I don't remember seeing Stella do this.....

Returning Favorites: CSI: NY
    September 23, 2009 08:47 AM EST

Where we left off The team met up at a bar to mourn the death of Det. Jessica Angell (Emmanuelle Vaugier), but a drive-by shooting left us contemplating whether we’ll soon be mourning someone else. “People are wondering who got hit, and someone did,” says exec producer Pam Veasey. “There is a surprise.”

What’s next “In the premiere, we’re trying to figure out who was responsible for the shooting,” Veasey says. “It’s approximately a month later, and we haven’t solved that crime.”

Who’s new Shark alumna Sarah Carter joins the show as a forensic graduate who harbors a secret and is looking for a job in the lab as a cleanup technician. “There’s some competition between her and me—some good hot girl–nerdy guy banter,” says A.J. Buckley (Adam).

Troubled times ahead Don Flack (Eddie Cahill) will be a changed man after Jessica’s death. “His relationships with everyone are a little strained,” says Veasey. Stella (Melina Kanakaredes) will be supportive, she adds, while Mac (Gary Sinise) is “very frustrated that after a month,” they haven’t solved the case. Sheldon Hawkes (Hill Harper) “will deal with some personal financial issues,” Veasey adds. But the biggest shocker involves Danny (Carmine Giovinazzo) and Lindsay (Anna Belknap). “There is a change as a result of that shooting,” teases Veasey. “It’s worth tuning in for, big-time.”

6. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

Thanks for this article. Now I remember it. When I read this the first time, I did think PV was saying Stella would be supportive of Don. But I agree, I don't recall seeing that in the premier. I think she had one longer scene with Don when they were at the crime scene where the security guard's body was found, but I don't remember her asking how Don was feeling or anything like that. PV does mention what happens to Hawkes in a future episode, so maybe Stella being supportive is something that will come later as well.

I agree that overall Stella doesn't seem significantly OOC based on what we've seen onscreen so far. She still seems very strong and confident in her work as usual and she's shown direct concern and empathy to both Mac and Lindsay. I also agree she's not shown much direct support to Don and Danny, but that could just be an unintentional consequence of writing choices and the need to balance screentime. Sort of like what happened with Danny and Don in season five. Despite the major events taking place in Danny's life, there weren't many substantive personal scenes between Don and Danny, and yet, I think the audience was still supposed to think the two were close friends.

That said, Stella getting into a relationship with Adam does seem somewhat OOC to me (based on what is known at this point), not necessarily because it's Adam, but because it is someone she works with, who is at a different level (position-wise) and possibly a subordinate to her. That doesn't seem to fit with how she's handled the boundaries in her personal/work relationships in the past, and her own words to Adam about their night together(paraphrased) --spontaneous, stupid, shouldn't happen again -- make me think it's not a pattern or something she would normally think was ok.

Based on recent interviews, I guess we will see at some point that there has been a shift/change in Stella (possibly related to the recent traumas), which explains her behaivor. But other than the fling/affair with Adam, I don't think she seems that different from what I would call normal Stella.

7. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

True it has only been two episodes but something just isnt right with her. Usually she would feel comfortable enough with Danny to ask him how he is doing instead of going to Lindsey. And I think she would be keeping closer contact with Flack and asking how he is doing. She just seems abit with drawn to me.

8. Kreguba

Kreguba Witness

Stella being supportive to Flack may come later on in the season. Hawkes hasn't met any financial issues yet, since him working with the medical unit is more about coping than money, so Pam may have been talking about the entire season in general.

I agree. The issue of Stella not acting like Stella, IMHO, doesn't have anything to do with her sleeping with Adam. She seems more withdrawn, not as chatty about non-work subjects, just kinda 'blah' for lack of a better term. Granted we've really only seen her in 1 and a half (since Blacklist was dominated by Mac), but I agree with Lori, something is definitely off with her.

9. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Stella definitelly has changed but it's much more interesting because you don't know what has happened to her exactly to trigger this behaviour. Yes, the whole team suffered a huge trauma after the shooting, losing Angell, Danny in the wheelchair, etc,etc but it's like she is lost within her. She is like an island. She can talk to Mac but the caring personality she has, it's dissapeared. Outside she talks and acts "normal" when she focus on her job but it's like she is disconnected with everyone around her. Danny, Don and especially Mac are out of her contact. Also Mac seems to be more edgy than ever (Definitely than man needs sex :D ) and she is indifferent to him

I agree it's just 2 episodes but this is not Stella's usual behaviour. I have only seen her caring personality with Sheldon and Linds

10. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

yeah, that's exactly it, she just seems a little withdrawn and disconnected. it's like her sparkle is hiding somewhere.

but yes, 2 eps in it's hard to judge really, i wonder where they're going with it.

11. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

I really think Stella´s change is mainly due to the shoot-out, it´s like she´s still in a state of shock, but tries not to show it at work, where she instead tries to do her job and behave as usual. But under the surface there´s something going on, there must be definitely a turmoil of trauma inside of her. That she´s not able to approach Danny personally is to me the biggest sign that she´s still shattered by the events. Stella has been in life-threatening situations before, but maybe this last one was the one to eventually freak out her composure. I think it will be a long way back to normal for her.

12. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

I'm agree, it's exactly this! She need a time

13. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

14. shippyangel

shippyangel Rookie

15. CCA

CCA Police Officer

Little sis ;) your the best!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.