CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Start Spreading the News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

yeah, i thought that too, but when mac went along with it he actually looked actually quite malicious/vindictive. it surprised me that mac didn't do more to bring flack in line but it surprised me even more when he seemed to take as much fun from it as flack had. it's quite unusual for mac to stray from his line of fairness.

i agree, she's been very quiet - i guess maybe what happened before has affected her more than the others realise (as with flack!) and maybe she's keeping out of their way or saying as little as possible to avoid having to talk to them, maybe she feels if she does talk to them more than she has to (i mean about stuff other than work) she might either show how bad she's feeling or it might get the better of her and stella doesn't break down, as we know - even after all access she was pretty set on being strong in front of the others, maybe she just doesn't want to risk losing her calm/strong exterior?

true but if she's having a hard time too perhaps she is avoiding it, either because she's too wrapped up in how she feels herself or because of what i just said ^

yeah, good point. i get the distinct impression (from past seasons as well) that mac doesn't do talking about stuff very easily - he's very insular and is the world-champion of "i'm fine". i think he does know flack's not right and i think he maybe wants to say something but knows how he feels when people intrude on him in that way (and i'm sure he sees it as intrusion) and doesn't want to do that to someone else, and perhaps the fact that flack's situation is quite similar to things he's been through makes that feeling even stronger. i think you're right that maybe he doesn't know what to do as well - he's very focussed on his work, perhaps talking about personal stuff is a bit beyond him. he's always been very able to talk to people about stuff that affects him/them at work, but he rarely seems to get involved in personal things - using all access again, he didn't seem to want to talk to stella about what happened or her feelings (he left it to flack) but went to process the scene. it's almost like keeping such things in a strictly work context is the only way he can deal with them, his own personal life/feelings are very shut down (even from stella) and to me it's like his emotions only come out when it's something he can link to work. i thought blacklist was a great example of that actually - even when this guy was getting really personal about mac's father, he didn't show an awful lot of emotion - you could tell it was there but he didn't get externally angry, he didn't shout at the guy or anything like that, because it was a personal issue - even though he got pretty angry about the guy's methods and motives, he didn't allow it to get into a discussion about how he, personally, was feeling (i thought this even when he was comparing his dad's death to the killer's, he was still quite measured at that point). compared to how overtly angry he gets when he's interviewing difficult suspects/perps (in crimes that have no bearing on him personally), it's a massive difference - he really lets rip at them. i've always thought it's like he lets rip in work context because he feels the nature of the job allows him an outlet for all the stuff he's keeping bottled up in his personal life. and this is why i relate to mac so much, i'm exactly the same, i hate talking about personal stuff, i only let rip when there's a justifiable object, i find people asking me how i'm feeling invasive, and i'm a definite contender on "i'm fine" :rolleyes:

2. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

ITA I was thinking the same thing. Stella and Flack both have that tough exterior and out of everyone I think they both were the closest to Angel. After seeing her behavior I think I will keep an eye on her as well. We already know Don is a "Train wreck ready to happen." And Lisa I think you hit it straight on with Macs personality...are you married to him!!!???

3. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i think there's definitely more to come from stella on this - i think she isn't behaving in her usual fun, confident way at all, i just hope whatever they do they get it right (and for me adam kind of made sense in that regard, i don't think they've gone so wrong on that one) :)

er, no, i'm not, but i sometimes feel like i AM mac (i mean, apart from the military, law enforcement authority figure bit)!

4. noealonso

noealonso Rookie

5. shippyangel

shippyangel Rookie

yeah, i totally get what you guys mean.... i can't see STELLA in season 6's stella.... i'm still waiting though.

6. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I don't really see how people can say Stella isn't acting like Stella. It's only been two episodes. Sleeping with Adam isn't necessarily OOC for Stella. We can't determine that because we haven't seen what led up to it. She's shown support and concern for Danny and Lindsay and that is definitely in character. She's been able to do her job just as she always has. She hasn't interacted too much with Mac, but again, it's only been two episodes.

7. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i don't think she's been massively ooc by any means, she's definitely still stella (and for the record i don't think the adam thing factors into this much, at least it doesn't for me) - all i meant is that i think she's been perhaps a little more distant with the others, like she's not spoken much to flack when normally they seem quite close, and she's not said much to danny either and when she was talking to lindsay about it she looked quite uncomfortable which suggests to me that she's not necessarily her usual strong and confident self. that said, there have only been 2 eps so it's kinda hard to judge!

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Agreed. The only reason he's different with Danny is because Danny is such a gushing open wound emotionally when he's upset... Danny isn't good at pretending to be okay, and he doesn't. Flack is naturally acting differently... he's not that gigantic ball of emotions that Danny is.

Agreed--I think he knows something is off with Flack. Obviously he does, since he's been asking. But at the same time, when Flack says he's fine, Mac isn't going to push because Mac wouldn't want someone to push if it was him saying, "I'm fine." He probably assumes Flack, like he has, will work through his issues on his own and be fine.

9. shippyangel

shippyangel Rookie

it wasn't even just about adam... i've accepted that she's human. it's just... from these 2 episodes there has been too little of stella. i just wanna see what's in store. ;)

10. FieryRed

FieryRed Rookie

Hello!

I would like to ask something irrelevant to the current subject. In the crossover episode what is the first part is it in Miami then NY and then LA? How is the correct order? Also in the other cities(Miami, LA) will there be anyone from NY?

Thanks and I apologize if it isn't the proper place to post this.

11. Kreguba

Kreguba Witness

Fiery,

Unsure about the order of the crossovers, but it's my understanding that only Langston from Vegas will be visiting the other labs. There's been nothing said about anyone from NY or Miami traveling.

12. FieryRed

FieryRed Rookie

Thanks!!! I guess I will have to wait a little bit 'till more info are out about the crossover! :)

13. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^^ We'll see Langston in the CSI:Miami episode on the Monday of that week, Langston in NY on Wednesday of that same week, then they'll finish up on Thursday in Vegas.

I hope they at least mention the crossover or Langston travelling in the Vegas episode of the week before...it'll make very little sense otherwise, if he just randomly shows up in Miami.:shifty:

14. FieryRed

FieryRed Rookie

:lol: Ok CSI overload for me then!! I will watch all 3 CSIs to see how the case is going!! Too bad if we don't see all 3 shows in all CSIs :lol: :lol: :lol:
    thanks for the info!! :thumbsup:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  15. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I'm still not sure about this crossover, but I'm trying to keep an open mind about it. :lol: I don't watch Miami, and I probably won't watch the crossover episode. I'm hoping to read the review of the episode on here so I'll be up to date enough to understand the NY one. ;) I do wish the crossover was more than just Langston, but I guess it might be interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.