CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Start Spreading the News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

6.03 is going to be one of Flack's episodes, right? 'Cause Angell's dad is one of the guest stars?

I don't understand why Sid has all but disappeared this season. He had a ton of great moments last year right up until the finale -- but he barely got to make even a personal comment in 6.01, wasn't even shown in 6.02 outside of a flashback:mad:, and they haven't mentioned a storyline for him, even though I'd think his reaction to the shootout would have just as much drama potential as any of the others'. He's the only one there who hasn't had any field experience, or any violent near-death experiences (what happened in "Page Turner" isn't exactly what I'd call violent). Even Adam was in that explosion in "Green Piece"...not that that would prepare anyone for a shootout, but I do think it might make someone more inured to near-death violence. Additionally, he's the only other one there with the full-blown wife and kids, etc, at home...

2. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

6.04 "Dead Reckoning" episode for Flack, but, it's in 6.03 where Angell's dad appear!

3. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Please Sam, cam you help me? What is with Gary?

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

The press release for 6.03 mentions Angell's dad - and a cute girl. Ugh, what if Angell's dad sees Flack with some random girl at a bar or something? D:

That isn't based on anything, just me making a guess, but I do wonder - because they're both listed at the end, it could mean whatever it is happens at the end of the episode. (Although Angell's dad could be last simply because he's a last-minute addition to the press release.)

5. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Death on the Hudson

‘CSI: NY’ goes on location

By MAXINE SHEN

Gary Sinise gets seasick.

Under normal circumstances, it’s no big deal, but it’s a problem today because “CSI: NY” is filming on the choppy Hudson River south of Chelsea Piers.

“I’m not somebody who deals well with motion, so I’ve taken my Dramamine today,” says Sinise, 54. He wears sunglasses to ward off the bright sunlight filtering through the glass walls of the Bateaux New York cruise boat.

Sitting in his director’s chair as the boat motors along, Sinise, who plays “CSI” supervisor Det. Mac Taylor, admits that the motion sickness drug “makes me a little bit tired, but we’re getting the stuff done that we need to do and it’s great to be back in New York shooting.”

Sinise and co-star Melina Kanakaredes, who plays CSI assistant supervisor Det. Stella Bonasera, are in town for the week, shooting scenes for four different episodes set to air later this fall.

“The city is a big part of our show. Even though we don’t live here, we want to incorporate as much of the city as we can,” says Sinise.

To prove it, the week-long shoot takes the show to Citi Field, the West Side Heliport, Battery Park and Central Park. Earlier in the week, Sinise had a 4 a.m. call time at Lincoln Center for a scene where he had to run against the backdrop of the sunrise.

“I did a lot of running that day,” Sinise says.

It’s worth noting, since he usually has stunt men do the legwork — but not because he’s a prima donna.

“I tore a muscle in my leg in the first season chasing bad guys, so we’re always a little worried about that,” he says. “I don’t want it to flare up again — I was off my feet for three or four weeks.”

The only kind of leg problems that Sinise has to worry about today though, is his sea legs.

This morning’s crime scene — being shot for the show’s ninth episode, airing sometime in November — takes place on the glass boat. In the background, a props guy breaks wineglasses with a hacksaw. (In response, another crew member shouts, “Shalom!”)

Later, the glass will be scattered around two dead bodies: One bears a bloody bullet hole in the temple — he was shot by an angry hedge fund guy — and the other is described as a “jumper mangled” in the script. Kanakaredes and Sinise shoot the scene no fewer than 10 times, from every angle.

In between takes, Sinise notices one of his co-star’s wardrobe accssories. “That’s pretty, have you worn this before?” he asks.

“No, I think it’s new this season,” Kanakaredes replies.

Throughout the location shoot, the director will urge the crew to hurry up and reset the scene in an effort to take advantage of the Hudson’s natural water traffic. He gets excited when boats pass by in the background or calls “cut!” because there’s no activity.

Meanwhile, the glass boat is forced to make sharp turns so that the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge is always in the shot — doing wonders for Sinise’s motion sickness.

“This trip is all about the background,” says a chipper Kanakaredes. 42. “New York is the star of our show. We really want to capture as many beautiful shots of the city as we can and interweave them into our season.”

Unlike Sinise, Kanakaredes loves being on the water.

In fact, she reveals that, “my first job out of college, when I moved to New York, was working for World Yacht Elegant Dining Afloat. It was my first job, to pay for the [acting]dream.”

Pausing, she laughs as she adds, “I look at it as coming full circle in a very fulfilling way.”

Sinise manages to have some fun out on the water too. At one point, he jumps aboard a New York Port Control boat to film the scene where he climbs aboard the glass cruise boat where the dead bodies are located.

Turns out, it’s a real patrol boat that they’re using for the scene.

“They work with us really well. Everybody’s always really supportive and friendly here,” Sinise says.

Although he doesn’t know if any real cops have ever made it onto the show, he says, “the extras are dressed just like the cops, so you can’t tell which is which.”

(The difference between real cops and actor cops can be detected by their wardrobe: when not filming, the actors have to wear their police hats backwards or their police uniform jackets inside-out. They also have fake precinct numbers on their shirts.)

After filming the patrol boat scene, Sinise says, “They let me drive the boat around a little bit, which was fun.”

Peering over his sunglasses, he adds that — with nobody from CBS or the series to hold him back — the boat “was going faster when I was driving it. The other guy had to go a certain speed for the shot, but then he let me drive it back and turned up the juice a little bit.”

Neither Sinise nor Kanakaredes know the complete plots of the episodes they’re filming; they are shooting scenes from scripts that haven’t been completely written.

“We always come here and have our shooting scenes, but we’re saying, ‘Okay, so what happens now? How does it go into the story?’ ” Sinise says.

“I know exactly what Stella knows. It’s almost Brechtian in a way,” says Kanakaredes, referring to the German playwright.

“Like the plays, where they used to eat full meals on stage, it’s like being truly in the moment.”

Dateline: “CSI”

A look at some new — and old — faces on “CSI” and its spin-offs.

* SKEET ULRICH

The former “Jericho” star is back on CBS, this time guest-starring on “CSI: NY.” During his three episode arc, which begins on Wednesday, Ulrich plays the creepy “Compass Killer.”

“He plays a very interesting, demented guy who’s doing all these murders and wants to be found,” explains Melina Kanakaredes (Det. Stella Bonasera). “He sets it up by leaving a compass on the body or at the crime scene.”

6. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Good point, haven´t watched it from that angle before. Her collegues are also her friends, maybe sometimes even a sort of family she never had. So the real shock for her might be that this time not only her life was in danger, but that of all her friends in the team and one even died. IMO her behaviour so far will lead to a peak where she´ll break down first, but then will get up and eventually recover. In any way it´s great stuff for Melina to act.

perlnoir thanks for thee article, very interesting :)

7. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Thanks for the article perlnoir

Poor Gary getting sea-sick. :( I'll help you get over it. ;)

I love what he said about Melina's wardrobe.

Can't wait to see Skeet Ulrich this season.

8. Mistlethrush

Mistlethrush Victim

Oh, I hope not, but you never know with Teh Writerz. I hope they don't go that route, though;:( it would be an insult the character.

9. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

You like a lot of Mac? Why, I would never have guessed!:):lol:

Poor Gary feeling seasick. It sounds like he had a lot of fun on the boat though. LOL at him being so pleased about being able to make it 'go fast'.:lol:

Angell's dad reappearing sounds interesting.

10. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ haha, damn, am i that predictable?! ;)

11. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

12. Wolverine_Eagle

Wolverine_Eagle Prime Suspect

thanks for the pictures from Hammer Down... that made my night i must admit :)

13. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

Thanks for the pics carminelove15

I wonder why I have the feeling it's gonna be again a Mac and big cheaf centric episode probably also the aw... horatio caine on the Miami one it would make me easier to pass for the tree of them

14. v*a*l*y

v*a*l*y Victim

Thanks for the pics!! :thumbsup:
    It's good to see Danny standing :cool:

15. noealonso

noealonso Rookie

Hill Harper filming in NYC.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.