"Ghost Town" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 28, 2009.

1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

This is a new actor playing Craig Mason. FYI. :)

2. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

OMG, good point! I wonder. Could be, he didn't say if his father was dead or alive.

3. Toots

Toots Pathologist

Good episode. I stayed interested all the way through which doesn't often happen.

The intestines tied in a bow tie around the spleen look fake. You can tell they're made of some kind of plastic.

The scene where Greg congratulates Nick on his promotion seems like a set-up for a confrontation later on in the season. I'm just guessing, but I feel like those will have at least one disagreement in the future.

Very short scene with Ecklie. Kind of sad for the actor. He doesn't get much screentime.

4. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Yeah but wouldn't his dad be like really old?

Enjoyed tonight's episode. Loved Super Dave telling Nick about how he knew the web cam would be in booth rooms

Just curious though why Nick ended up watching the interview Langston did with Craig Mason? Was he just curious? Or is that part of his supervisor duties?

5. 915

915 CSI Level One

That would be kinda interesting if that really happened. Just watch the writers are going to do something unexpected, after all I'm sure they don't want us to guess everything from one episode. Interesting theory though. We know whoever it is has some kind of medical background to be able to do that bow tie thing to the bodies. I wonder what exactly the bow tie thing is suppose to mean.

6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

There is already a warning up (*spoilers*) regarding the episode so no tag is required. The only time tags are required is if you are posting in no spoiler threads (which we ask that you not do until the show ends in all time zones) and if you are going to make some mention about the promo you saw at the end of the show (which really should go into the spoiler lab) But here for regular discussion nope no tags required, if someone reads this thread and doesn't want to know what is going on, they shouldn't be reading the thread. ;)

BTW the icon for the spoiler tag is [​IMG] the last one along the top. :) But again not needed in here, with the exceptions as explained. :D

7. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I recall the whole thing about Ray having the genes of a serial killer, that is, a genetic predisposition for violence, but then they dropped the idea because it was disproven or something.

8. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I was not overly impressed with this episode. I knew from the start the neighborhood watch guy was the killer of his "new neighbors." It was way too predictable. I sort of figured they threw in the Millander kid to throw people off but it did not throw me off.

The only real interesting part was the end with Ray and him swabbing the Bronze Star pin for blood. That did make me very curious but it does make me think maybe his dad is the serial killer or has at least killed someone while not in the military service.

I would give this ep a 7 out of 10.

9. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

ooooh that would be an interesting outcome if his dad was the killer!

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I too knew from the very beginning that the man the girl literally ran into was the killer. Would have liked more Greg and Cath though. Nick- 14, Sara - 11, Ray- 10, Cath and Greg- 5 each. Don't get me wrong, I like that Nick got alot, but it was so odd that Cath, the leading lady got so little (is this by Marg's own choice?).

I liked that Nick and Greg had so many scenes together. :)

Loved Superdave telling Nick about how he and Mrs. Phillips watch that webshow. :lol: And Nick didn't blush! he would have blushed years ago. :lol:

Aww! Greg congratulating Nick and calling him Supervisor. :) I don't think this is a setup for a Greg/Nick fight. I think Greg geniunely believes that Nick deserved the promotion. I do think though that I saw a hint of something in Greg's eyes like he was wondering if and when he'd get shown a little appreciation and maybe he even hopes that with Nick being co-supervisor, he'll get more respect and less crap jobs... because maybe he feels that Catherine was putting it all on herself and that's why things were so unbalanced... but now that she has help, things will be more balanced. Hopefully.

The peeper looked like Marilyn Manson? ROTFL! And of course Eric is the one who gets to say that line. :lol:

Sara: Jeepers Creepers. :lol:

Nick: This job is a horror movie. I don't even watch them anymore.

Nick: The plot thickens. :D Does anyone else think that sounded like a Grissom type of line? :lol:

Greg: They must throw one hell of a block party. :lol:

Ray: This is very difficult. It's like trying to tie a cherry stem in a knot with your tongue.
    Cath: I can do that... after a few drinks. :guffaw: I'm not sure whether or not that's interesting info or WTMI, Cath... but, thanks for sharing. :lol:

Cath to Ray: I'm learning when I can't find you to look down here. :lol:

Ray untying Ecklie's bowtie just cracked me up and Ecklie saying: "You know how hard these things are to tie?" :lol:

Nick to the little girl: I've got you, baby. :adore:

Why is Nick watching that interview?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  11. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I have to admit, I did love Super Dave and his little admission about his wife and him watching that stuff online. :lol: That was funny.

I agree with whoever said the body parts tied up looked very fake.

12. Coco Chanel

Coco Chanel Rookie

I think they're just finishing up answering some unanswered questions about where they both stand because they've been off the show for a while, I don't think that it was overdone or drowned the episode, so I'm happy :)

and I don't think that Sara was making the connection of heavy metal = satanism or implying that ozzy ozbourne is a satanist she was just making the connection of the dead crow; trying to explain the symbolism in it, as she saw it.
    Also, it wasn't stated as a fact it was more of what Sara surmised from what she knew. It was very opinionated.

Learning a little bit about Raymond's family was cool, kind of sad about his father, but interesting nonetheless :)
    overall it was a good episode definitely on par with the premiere. I think I'm going to like the Dr Jekyll arc, it sounds very interesting, I'm excited to see who's behind it all, I hope it lives up to the miniature killer arc without being exactly the same with different style murders .

Can't wait for next Thursday :D

13. 915

915 CSI Level One

I must be the only one that didn't know the one guy was the killer boy am I dumb :brickwall:. I hate the lack of balance screen time and while yes I like Nick and Sara I kinda wanna be able to see Greg and Cath to I mean I was disappointed with that. I thought we could get some good screen time balance like last time with it being excellent in the premiere. The writers are disappointing me with that screen time balance thing. It better get better otherwise I will start watching Supernatural instead of CSI on Thursday nights. I did like the Greg and Nick scenes though they are always my favorites :)

14. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I agree with other posters that the killer was sooo obvious; but other than that, it was a good episode. I did feel bad for the Mason's.
    I still think Ray is floating around the lab and solving everything like a veteran, but whatever.

There were some good lines:
    'I'm Mrs. Grissom' :)

'Don't invite Sara' to the pig roast. :lol:

Catherine's talent of tying a cherry stem with her tongue after a few drinks. :lol:

Super Dave was definitely oversharing. But he still gets a 'C for Cuteness'.

Love seeing Nick and Sara work together.

I wouldn't worry about the unbalanced screen time; I'm sure Catherine and Greg and the Lab Rats will have more to do in the next episode. They always juggle screen time since they generally film 2 episodes simultaneously.

Overall, I'll give it 8/10. The case was just a little too predictable. But I loved seeing Sara interact with Mrs. Mason and her son.

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Oh Mrs. Mason just ticked me off. All her son was doing was peeping at girls who were taking it off for the camera. Granted, it wasn't a good thing to do. But, he's still just a kid with hormones and curiousity and then she just coldly turns her back on him. Not "you know better than that" or "shame on you", just the cold shoulder and then ignoring him. Whatever happened to unconditional love?