"Ghost Town" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 28, 2009.

1. ebuzz55

ebuzz55 Pathologist

ITA about the flashbacks. Just the mention of Millander had me grinning.

Ah, SuperDave, thanks for sharing.

Ray hijacking Ecklie's bowtie. :)

Having Sara back for a few eps almost makes things seem "normal" again. I'd almost lost hope at the end of last season, but I've liked this one so far.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I don't like the sound of Sara Grissom..the two names don't work together..I like Sara Sidle better..

Catherine tying a cherry string with her tongue! Why am I not surprised!:lol:

I think Ray brought a fresh perspective to the case, a humanity when he told the story of his dad.

Undoing Ecklie's tie!!! He's probably wondering what in God's name is going with his staff!

So sad with the guy trying to protect his family. I started to cry at the scene.:(

I gotta say I'm not used to all this Nick screen time, I got to a point with CSI where I just said, "Okay Nick's had his 5 seconds now I'm off to get a drink/use the washroom,play on the computer" but then I come back and it's woe..Nick's back..again..this is gonna take some time to get used to.

3. Bellafibs

Bellafibs Victim

I was squeling and covering my eyes at the Dad Scene. I really thought he was going to pop himself.
    I love Ray, he's so compassionate. I can't wait to see more of him :)
    and Yes, Sara Grissom doesn't really sound all that well. Sidle sounds much better

4. byline

byline CSI Level One

Didn't Sara sort of roll her eyes and say "No" when asked if she'd changed her name? I thought she was just kidding when she said she wouldn't tell Craig she's "Mrs. Grissom."

5. rockyshadow

rockyshadow Hit and Run

A lot more nick and a little less Langston, YEA! YEA! YEA!. I had just about given up watching CSI this season. If this season continues to share screen time I will continue to watch.

6. 915

915 CSI Level One

Well I was glad we got to see more Nick and less Ray, but I still wish we had been able to see Greg and Cath a little more. I mean Cath is the supervisor she get a little more screen time then she did in this episode, and apparantly they still don't want to give Greg much screen time either. I still say the premiere was the best one with the balanced screen time, hope the screen time sharing gets a little better then it was in this episode. Hopefully it will be more like it was in the premiere after all a lot of people liked the amount of balance in the screen time in that one.

7. Coco Chanel

Coco Chanel Rookie

she was kidding...sorta. She said it jokingly, but she is tehcnically "Mrs. Grissom" but she said no when Brass asked her if she took his name. There's alot of last name reference on this show, having two Grissom's would just be weird. I'm glad they kept it Sidle. Sounds much better :bolian:

Sara was really good in last nights ep. I'm really glad she's back (be it only for a short while) it almost makes things feel like normal :(

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yeah. I'm glad they finally resolved the GSR line. Now we can get back to the basics.

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

My analysis of "GHOST TOWN". Again spectatular, these writers by far are the best in the industry, in my opinion:bolian:

Vegas overview, always sparkling and cool~

Shower scene--shades of "PSYCHO":wtf: Nick and Sara ariving on the scene, so bloody, dead guy, Nick "Killer forgot we're in a drought"

Doc and Ray, bonding, the intestines tied in a green bow:eek: too weired~

Brass and the girl [Brass is so cool] she tole him about Ryan, the whole gory story, then ran into the street and Mr. Waincroft saved her, he is the neighborhood watch guy~ [he did it]

Nick and the braker being off. Sara and her camera~

Nick and Super Dave, "Reavealing him & his wife "enjoy visual stimulating" that little rascal:rommie: He suscribes to that weird web-site, featuring kinky erotic stuff~

Sara to Dave "I've missed your face how's the wife" Dave "Fine, why, what have you heard" Sara's expression:confused:

Doc and Ray bonding again, How'd he get out"? the saw explanation on cutting a table in halves, and it makes a hole", strange incisions, surgical glue~

Nick & Wincroft, talking about the housing crisis~

Sara , girl and the circuit breaker, peeping Tom, a Marilyn Manson look-a-like-

Greg congratulating Nick on being a supervisor~

Greg showing Nick the moving curtain and the creepy, spooky eye:vulcan:

Cath and Langston, on Jo-Jo. never went past LV Blvd and the I-15~

Nick and Sara and the gothic room, loud horrible music, and the kid Craig in his black make-up NIck "Get you ass up" Sara "Jeepers Creepers" Sara finding the dead black crow, and Nick asking her about Grissom and she goes "Ossy Osbourne, "I loved Black Sabbath" And the severed arm. nice room:rolleyes: Craig Mason, aka Judge Mason aka Paul Mlander the 'early flashback with Grissom' [Gawd I miss him] The mom defending him~

Sara and Craig, the bad attitude from him~

Annother dead body the dog sniffed out, with his throat slit again. and the house full of narcotics and other repugnant stuff. Greg "They must have thrown on hell of a block party"~

Ray and the Dr. Jeckyll The team together, and Ray on the severd hand. showed it wasn't RM'. hand~

Ray and Craig, and the Jello experienment, showing he didn't do it~

Ray walking up to Ecklie and pulling off his tie:lol:~

Ray telling Cath about the tie, and her saying that's what serial killers do"
    JoJo died of natural causes It isn't the last time we see Dr. Jekyll.

Bras and Harvey in the hostage type situation, out of control. He told Brass to step back and Nick was the one he wanted to talk to, Nick is so good in these crisis moments. I thought the guy was going to blow himself away, but dkidn't~

Sara and Craig and hm spilling his guts about PM, Sara always the good listener like Nick:bolian: and telling his "I'll give you a lift";)

The last scene with Ray and the 'medal' what was he doing was that his dad's?

Altogether, riveting, sensational, compelling show, the strong force to me, on this ep. was NICK, so confident he was fantastic. and so handsome[George is such a great actor] followed by Ray, Greg and Sara. Starting off with a extrodinary season~I give it a 10 out of 10~

10. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

my opinion over last nite pretty good i'd give it an 7.5/10
    the only thing i'm real dissappointed about is the neighborhood watch guy is the kiler, i had kinda already figured out it was him(or do i watch too much csi)
    ray talking about his dad that was good and him pulling off ecklie's tie that was priceless:lol:
    craig, the scene with sara and him at the end liked that
    wish we could have seen more cath involved with case dealing with craig
    ray talking about how if paul hadn't of come after grissom and all that-yes i so agree with that, but he didn't go after griss he like taunted him, and spilt personalty :wtf::confused: that is news to me, but the team looking at craig it is understandable with the guy killed in the tub, and everything his father did, everything in his room, etc.
    love seeing super dave and sara have a scene together:thumbsup: but what was up with sara after saying "fine what have u heard" ??? is there something going on
    dr jekyll pretty interesting
    ray experimenting on the pig and cath "don't tell sara":lol:

11. byline

byline CSI Level One

I think most of the audience figured out early on -- even at first glance -- that the neighborhood watch guy did it. But the more compelling tension was when he was caught, and would he or would he not kill his family and himself. I really didn't know what was going to happen. He had that eerily unpredictable, yet unwavering, focus that people at the end of their rope have. He really looked like he was going to go through with it. I was glad he didn't. Seen too much of that on TV over the years, which desensitizes us to the shock.

12. Coco Chanel

Coco Chanel Rookie

This is kind of fitting here's DLA's (vegasoul) recent twitter updates:

"We will get back on track tonight and continue to kik Grey's Anatomy's azz just like we have for the past 2 years."

"That's okay. It's about the journey. Not picking who did it."

"Yea, the killer was predictable. Even when I was writing but he was the best one for the job in this ep."

"I would rather have a predictable killer with a good story than a unpredictable killer with a story filled with forced twists."

Give's a chance to kind of get what was going through the writer's head. :D I'd give this episode about an 8.5/10 and I'm extremely happy that we beat Grey's! :)

13. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

This is something I just thought about. Is this episode taking place immediately following the events of "Family Affair"? What I mean is, it hasn't been a week, like for us, but possibly that very same night or the next night?

Greg was with Nick playing with the damned arachnid when Catherine called him into her office for his promotion. Greg had no opportunity to tell him congratulations until they were working this case:confused: And SuperDave's comments about the body freezer still being screwed up and his greeting Sara for the first time tells me that this ep takes place probably the very next night.

This isn't a complaint or anything, just a curious look at the timeline.

(And I just realized that everyone has been changing their ID's for October. Awesome!)

14. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

The Paul Millander episodes have always been my favorites. I never expected to see anything involving him again.

I'm liking Sara back. I've really missed her.

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I only chalk the fact that I knew the killer in the beginning up to the fact that I watch way too many crime solving shows. :lol: Miami, NY, Criminal Minds, LV, Numbers, In Plain Sight, etc. :lol: