House #3: Everybody Lies

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by sandersidle, Sep 26, 2008.

?

New thread title?

Poll closed Oct 3, 2008.
  1. House #3: Humorous Outrageous Unkind Sarcastic Ego...but we love him.

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  2. House #3: A lowly infectious diseases guy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. House #3: They Call Me "The Cane"

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  4. House #3: No more mister Nice Guy

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  5. House #3: Finally lupus

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  6. House #3: Read less, more tv

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  7. House #3: There's no "I" in "team"

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  8. House #3: Patients always lie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. House #3: Everybody Lies

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

Hey guys just thought you might want to know that there is a vote going on for the best SNL host this year and Hugh Laurie is nominated so lets help him out :)

http://www.buzzsugar.com/3181944

2. AnnaDelko

AnnaDelko Police Officer

Thanks for let us know grssom89 :thumbsup:
    I vote and He's wining , yeah :D

3. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

No problem!
    I posted this on twitter and a House website also so looks like its working!

4. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

From Ew Ask Ausiello:
    It’s the news Cameron and Chase fans have longed to hear: After two years spent mostly on the sidelines, Jennifer Morrison and Jesse Spencer will be back in the trenches on House this season. “They are both thrown back into their old jobs,” Morrison told us at last night’s Teen Choice Awards. “It’s been great actually. I have been working a lot and there are things that happen to House very early in the season that have a domino effect on all of the other characters.”
    Those “things” involve a shake-up at Princeton Plainsboro that finds Foreman filling in for an ailing House as the hospital’s top doc. The transition is rocky to say the least. “Cameron was always very close and protective of House,” she says. “And to have her mentor be away in an asylum makes her contemplate life and career and him. Having him gone affects everyone he works with, personally and professionally.”
    Further complicating matters will be Cameron and Chase’s status as newlyweds. “This season starts a few months from where we left off last season in the finale and Chase and Cameron are finding their groove as a married couple,” reveals Morrison, who hints at some friction now that they’re working alongside each other again. “That might put some strain on the marriage.
    “They’re taking things up a notch [this season],” Morrison continues. “I think the audience will be able to enjoy seeing new things from all of us.”

5. Meatball42

Meatball42 Police Officer

Plus, from TV Guide:

House returns this fall with a feature length premiere episode, and Hugh Laurie reveals that instead of the usual two-month time lapse between seasons, the first episode picks up just days after House checks himself in at the mental institution. “It’s been rather harrowing,” he says of his character’s journey. “It’s been a very dark and challenging experience but a good one. He’s a character seeking redemption in some way or another, and I think there’s always a glimmer of hope, but it is a dark place to start. It’s a character going through a very traumatic experience.”

Laurie, who has completed three episodes of the sixth season, isn’t sure how soon House will be able to practice medicine. “I don’t know,” he admits. “I’m operating in a consultative capacity at the moment. His license is suspended, as it would be, and has yet to be given back.” While waiting for his license to be reinstated the doctor is simply trying to behave. “House is trying to keep himself in check and curb his acerbic tongue. How long that will last, remains to be seen. I have my doubts.”

And despite the imagined sex scene between House and Cuddy, not all of House’s hot’n’heavy moments are imagined. The make-out scene with Franka Potente in the asylum, for example, “That is real,” says Laurie. So will a potential Huddy relationship be readdressed? “I believe it will be,” jokes Laurie. “But probably teasingly and it will take four and a half years.”

6. xeri

xeri Hit and Run

Ohhh *reads* interesting , can't wait till sommer break is finally over ^^

thx for the spoilers
    @ Daquien : after seeing you banner again just have to say soooo cute XD

7. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Here's the old House thread that apparently got lost in the shuffle. I'm bringing it back in case anyone cared to talk about the premiere... which I loved.

That was quite possibly some of the best television I've ever seen. Hands down. Not kidding.

It was funny, it was sad, it was shocking, it was beautiful... I cried a few times. I admit it. Especially when House cried. I thought I'd never EVER see the day when House let loose his emotions in a real, believable way, and yet there he was, defenses stripped away, walls crumbled around his feet, and he cried... and I absolutely believed it.

I'm a diehard House/Cameron fan with a moderate appreciation for Huddy, but I think House with Lydia was something great. Something obviously temporary, but also great.

I thought the "well gosh, my leg pain is manageable, how about that" thing was unrealistic but very convenient for the plot. Take away the physical pain and all you've got left to deal with is the psychological pain. No more bitching about his miserable leg; all House had left to do was delve into his miserable feelings.

If there's one thing I've learned about this show, it's that these break-throughs and revelations NEVER stick. House has gone through probably a half dozen epiphanies and it always ends up the same - in a few episodes or so, he's right back to being the rotten bastard he's always been, complete with his inability to connect and inexplicable need to negate and belittle everything that might possibly be important, meaningful or even vaguely nice.

The premiere was his best break-through yet, but like always... it will not stick. David Shore always makes sure that it doesn't.

Looking forward to more!

P.S. Hope it's OK that I took out the spoiler code. It's been over 24 hours since it aired... so... no more spoiler codes, that was my understanding.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  8. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

What an amazing episode.

I have to admit that I haven't watched House in a while. I caught last season's finale, but missed most of seasons 4 and 5. But this episode was amazing.

To see House scheme, then have those fall through, and eventually he gives into going along with things... So awesome. And it was also really great to see him actually helping people in other ways than saving them.

Such a great episode. :)

9. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I agree, I enjoyed this episode. I've missed House, glad to see it back and happy to hear that we'll see more Chase this year! And doesn't Hugh Laurie look great?

10. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I remember a producer describing the premiere as a "mini-movie," and that's exactly what it felt like. It was amazing.

I loved the storyline, I loved the acting, I loved the cinematology, I loved everything. House is such a complicated character--I'm fascinated just watching him try to work through his problems. I didn't even miss the medicine.

The roomate was hilarious, as was the paranoid guy. :lol:

I loved the scene with Wilson talking to House. You could tell that he really wants House to get better, and he was also really hurt having to hang up on House.

Can't wait for next week!

11. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Princeton-Plainsboro is undergoing another major shake-up: Sources confirm to me exclusively that Jennifer Morrison is leaving House. Neither Fox nor Morrison’s reps would comment, but I’m told the actress did not quit; her exit was a creative decision on the part of producers. Morrison — the first of the show’s original cast members to depart — shot her last scene earlier this week and her final episode will air in November.
    Suspicions about Morrison’s House future were raised last week when she was MIA at the show’s premiere screening in Hollywood.
    Here’s what else I’m hearing about this surprising and, I’ll say it, disappointing, turn of events.
    * Unlike Kal Penn’s dearly-departed Kutner, Cameron will not be killed off.
    * Morrison’s on-screen husband, Jesse Spencer (Chase), is not leaving the show. (Do the math and you can probably figure out how she’ll be written out.)
    * Producers are leaving the door open for Morrison to make a guest appearance later in the season.
    The last point will prove little comfort to Cameron fans, especially since this was the season Morrison’s nearly three-year stint on the backburner was supposed to end. In fact, just last month series creator David Shore told me (video below), “Chase and Cameron fans will be happy with the way we’re going to reintegrate them into the team — at least on a temporary basis.” (That temporary qualifier should’ve been a clue.) Even Morrison recently admitted it was “great” being front-and-center again. “I have been working a lot,” she told us, “and there are things that happen to House very early in the season that have a domino effect on all of the other characters.” (source: EW-Ask Ausiello)

12. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

*lets loose a steady stream of cacophonous invective*

AAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUGH!!!!!!!!!!

*snarls*

She was one of my favorite characters. After House & Wilson, it was a pretty close tie between Cuddy & Cameron... and I suppose that, even after the marriage, I still held out hope for a House/Cameron romance. Somehow. Some way. But I guess I should've shelved that hope a long time ago. *grumbles* Even with no hope of my favorite ship coming to fruition, I'm still really gonna miss Cameron. I liked her. She was my favorite of the original team.
    Fine. Fine. Whatever.

I'll still watch. For now.

13. CSINEWYORK000

CSINEWYORK000 Lab Technician

Watching another episode of HOUSE M.D.

House & Wilson are the cuttest unmarried couple ever! LOL:lol::lol::guffaw:
    The scene in the kitchen was priceless!

They were making balls....meat balls that is...:lol:

Wilson: "House please refrain from making a balls joke...."

"It's smokin'..."

....Moments later he goes "I remember how vinegar slows the hemoglobin prosess ...."

Wilson: "That may actually work"

"I think you just saved my balls"

:lol::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

10 Points for House right there...

14. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Those were the only good scenes of the night CSINEWYORK000! I didn't enjoy watching Taub, Foreman, and 13 by themselves. Yay for a Chase scene even though it was too small. Can't wait till next week!

The old team back together! Love them! And love the preview when Foreman, Chase and Cameron walk in and House says, "Oh my God, it's three years ago." :guffaw:

15. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Just coming in to say I really enjoyed the season premiere, and as much as I am a Huddy fan, I also enjoyed Franka Potente's work on the episode. In fact, everyone in the episodes did a great job :D