NCIS thread #3 - Shutting up now, Boss

Discussion in 'NCIS & NCIS: LA' started by nattybatty55, Mar 10, 2008.

?

What should we call it?!?

1. Never mess with a Marine's coffee if you want to live

16 vote(s)
    13.6%
  2. I need a coffee

5 vote(s)
    4.2%
  3. On it Boss

28 vote(s)
    23.7%
  4. Ya Think?!

21 vote(s)
    17.8%
  5. Shutting up now Boss

40 vote(s)
    33.9%
  6. CSI! No the term's NCIS

12 vote(s)
    10.2%
  7. 'We just shoot men who are un true'

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  8. 'Gibbs, Caf-pow please!'

10 vote(s)
    8.5%
  9. 'Don't drop the boss' coffee!'

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  10. Gibb's Gang

3 vote(s)
    2.5%
  11. Talking Jethro, and not the one from Beverly Hillbillies

5 vote(s)
    4.2%
  12. There's more to CBS besides CSI

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  13. Never Be Unreachable

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  14. Never take anything for granted

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  15. Never date a coworker

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  16. Always work as a team

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  17. Never, ever bother Gibbs in interrogation

7 vote(s)
    5.9%
  18. 'How'd you get your boat out Gibbs?'

15 vote(s)
    12.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

^^ I almost forgot about the person trying to smuggle the koala on a submarine... that was hysterical! :lol: :lol:

I also loved the scene between Tony and Gibbs after they leave Vance's office. So well done. I love Tony's "wink, wink, nudge, nudge, Bob's your uncle" speech. Vance and Gibbs do seemed to have turned a bit of a corner on that part of their relationship...

The "how was your summer?" line was really funny, too. :D

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I loved it when Tony mentioned True Lies. :lol:

3. andunesilme

andunesilme Lost in the parking lot

I started watching this series actively just before the last season ended, and now somebody could say I'm obsessed with it ;) NCIS is so good, I love how all the characters are so .. funny and well played. I'm not too intrested in the cases, but it's always nice to watch good tv :D

Yay, season 7 started! Can't wait the next ep. Ziva is back ^^

4. GregNickRyanFan

I need to rent seasons 1-6 and start watching all the eps. I've watched several in repeats on USA or whatever channel it is, but I haven't watched all the way through. I may start this season. I loved the premiere. Loved when McGee said he was thinking of buying red leather pants... something that really cradles his butt. :guffaw:

I wish I knew what Gibbs said to the girl to make her cry. :lol:

5. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Michael Weatherly IMHO is a fantastic actor. He can really say alot with just a look.

Red Leather pants..I'd forgotten about that :lol: and the blurring of all the cases...blah, blah, blah, GrabyourgearGrabyourgear. Funny stuff.

I also liked Badass McGee at the end kicking the guy over and going for the knife! The actor seems to have lost the baby fat that he was still carrying in the face and he looks so great with that haircut. But to see him really in on the action was great (kind of hot).

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  6. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

I have...mixed feelings about the episode. On the one hand, this was MW and Tony at his best. This episode was Tony's chance to shine and MW rocked it sooo hard.
    On the other hand “Couldn’t live without you I guess”
    I think I threw up in my mouth a bit at that point. Then I remembered that this is Tony we're talking about, and I'm pretty sure that had McGee been the one missing and presumed dead for months, then Tony would have not only searched for him just as hard, but would have probably used the same line. (FYI, I am not a TIVA shipper and would have been just as happy if they'd left Ziva MIA for the rest of the season)

I just hope that TPTB haven't forgotten that Ziva owes Tony one hell of an apology for the way she treated him last season. Sadly, since they've also clearly forgotten that Tony was supposed to be packing a broken arm back in May, I can't see their continuity being any better in that regard.

Like I said, mixed feelings.

7. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

I don't think the ep was as powerful as the lead up thru last season. But still good enough to draw me back to the show. It's one I'll try to make time for if I can.

@ GNRF it would be totally worth catching up on seasons, although I can't say which seasons are my faves. While there were still some good episodes within, S4 and S5 had me fading from the show a little, while what I'd seen of S6 made me go out and buy the dvd and catch up on what I hadn't seen. Seasons 1-3 were when I watched most regularly. I think S6 was one of their strongest inna while. Hope this one turns out to be as good or better.

Not into Tiva, or any ships on the show really, and Ziva has both been someone who makes me laugh from time to time and also want to throttle her for various reasons. For that reason a challenging character if nothing else. "Couldn't live without you" did seem like the writers were trying to push an agenda or something, I dunno, but I also agree Tony woulda fought just as hard had McGee or one of the others been a prisoner somewhere.

As for Tony's injuries, I do take Ceindreadh's point, and yet it had also supposedly been months since anyone had heard from Ziva, so while he mighta still been or shoulda still been recovering, it's not like he healed overnight either.

I wonder if we'll get to see more of Badass!Mcgee this season too. It is nice to see he's had a really substantial inner evolution over the years.

And yeah. "Someone tried to smuggle a koala onto a submarine" is likely gonna be one of my favorite lines now, and if I actually knew what it really was, I'd probably put it in my siggy :lol:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  8. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

ALmost forgot about this....Abby's tattoo on her back. In a previous season there was an episode where she had to dress properly all the time not just in court and I think Tony called her "Career Girl Barbie". :lol: Later in that episode it show McGee seeing her change clothes back to her goth stuff and he saw her back. On it was a huge tat of a cross. Last night her shirt was scoop necked and showed alot of her back and the cross tat was not there last night.
    :confused:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  9. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

I'm trying to recall which ep that was. The one she got the dress code memo from Shepard :lol: Season 3 is my best guess at the moment. S4 had the Marylin halloween costume that dropped a few jaws too.

Some of Pauley's tatts are real, others, like the spider webbing on her neck I think, and the cross on her back, need to be applied. Guess there was a lil continuity gaff there. Good eye. :p

10. GregNickRyanFan

When was the Koala line said? I missed that somehow.

I was watching a Fall Preview video and they said that a romance may develop between Abby and McGee. Funny cause I was thinking there were some sparks while watching the episode. :lol:

11. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Witness

I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one not the only one not into Tiva. Sometimes the banter just brings a big 'okay can we move on sigh' from me when they start. I also hope we see more of Badass!McGee this season. That character is very underused.

12. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Count me in as not into Tiva either. They just don't strike the right chord with me. As I stated before....I would love to see more Badass McGee this season.

13. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

It was one of the cases in the montage of "grabyourgeargrabyourgeargrabyourgear". :D

I'm not really a Tiva person either... I'm more of a team friendship person.

I'd love to see more Badass McGee too. :D

14. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

As a Gabby shipper, that'd make me sad :(, but that's just me.

My favourite line was from McGee. "Blah blah blah. Computer stuff. Blah."

I also loved the hug between Abby and Ziva. Abby seemed more careful than usual, btw.

15. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

I'm so happy that the new season has started. Can't wait for tomorrow's eps. :devil::devil::devil:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.