8x01 - 'Out of Time' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Burke

Burke Victim

You think Ry will have some competition with that new fellow coming into csi? ​

Personally... I don't like 'Jesse'. I love my Ry ! (;

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I only saw the last couple of minutes of the episode, but what I saw of Jesse I liked. :) Here's to hoping that he and Ryan actually become friends. :)

3. .speed.delko.

.speed.delko. Rookie

Thanks for answering me, AJ :D So the guy with the George Constanza look was Frank :eek:

Is anyone having slashy thoughts about Ryan and the new-old guy?? I'm not, but I'm getting plot bunnies for something entirely :D And it includes a character long gone :D

4. luf100

luf100 Coroner

:guffaw: This is the only reason I'll miss Eric. Hardy Boys ftw. I sorta think Jesse and Ryan could be... cousins or something. I think it was mostly the hair and the shirt and tie combo Jesse was wearing that makes me think that though. :p

I don't really think Ryan is going to have much competition with Jesse. After all, look who he's been competing with since the beginning, and he's never had much trouble gathering fans. ;)

5. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

I guess this is because Horatio is in no position to be staring down his co workers at that time. If he did, even though he was right, what would his other co workers say?

Your welcome.

Perhaps Horatio's friend in the FBI recommended her? That's my theory. As for past Natalia's lack of screen time, it might have been a subtle way of saying that she's a rookie.

6. .speed.delko.

.speed.delko. Rookie

There wasn't ever enough of them on screen to get me hooked, but fanfiction took care of that!!:guffaw: If Ryan's related to anyone, I think he looks related to Greg on CSI :eek:

And I'm ashamed to say what got me into Greg and the rest of the team (mainly Nick, but I took the others in easily with the exception of Sara until Warrick set her straight)

7. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

I have to say that I actually really enjoyed that episode. I really liked the mentions of everyone, including Megan, who I was sure we'd lose in a plot hole somewhere. I also liked how Horatio seemed more human, like he used to. There was only two parts that bugged me. The number one part is when Natalia was working in the FBI lab and Horatio saw her. I mean, if that was true, wouldn't he have been able to pinpoint "the mole" A.K.A. her quicker? And also the scene where H was saying Eric was all he had left. It was cute, right up until he got right up to Eric's face. Then it was bordering on creepy.

Emily did a FANTASTIC job acting in that episode. I think it would be hard acting your character before when you already know the future, but she did it so well. She was so cute in that episode. I just wanted to give her a hug.

And I'm really liking Jesse :) One, he's hot :p Two, he kind of reminds me of Speedle. A guy who just does his job and doesn't get distracted by all the other things. I think it would be funny if Jesse and Natalia ended up together, purely because on Third Watch, Eddie Cibrian's and Eva La Rue's characters were married :D

Plus, this episode had Alexx as an M.E. :adore: That's good for me :)

8. symbeline

symbeline Witness

Yes, agreed, but since we saw why Calleigh, Eric and Speed all ended up in H's team, I was hoping to have a little more background on Natalia. She's a character I don't usually care about and that's because she is so underused. It's a really a shame, I think Eva could handle a lot more material but lately she's having less and less to do.

I wanted to see a little bit more of old Natalia and less of Jesse because I have the feeling we are going to see a lot of Jesse this season. I'm not hating Jesse because of that, I'm just completely unimpressed by him and I'd rather see more Ryan and Natalia than have the new character thrown in my face since the first episode. That doesn't mean I won't like him in a couple of episodes, it's just that I think underusing Ryan and Natalia is a waste, and believe me, I'm not a fan of either of them.

9. Princess_Laurie

Princess_Laurie Witness

Okay, I guess I owe some people cookies. Because they definitely pulled that off.
    In all honesty-- I loved the episode. It really reminded me of an earlier season (2 or 3), and I was very surprised, but the 'going back in time' thing actually worked. Ryan and Natalia weren't featured much (Or at all, really), but I was actually okay with that for this episode. I'd rather have them be in the background, just for this one, than have them shoved in randomly just to get screentime.
    Frank was definitely the best one back in 1997. I was digging the stache.

10. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I liked this episode more than I thought I would. Started out with the opening credits being in the correct order.

The lab was SO primitive!

I couldn't really jive with H's look. It looked as if he had too much botox or a mortician did his make up.

On the other hand Eric in a tank top hair and that smile: hot hot hot:drool:

I think Calleigh took one too many happy pills (notice the pre-sensitivity training sexual harassment?!). She looked very pretty though.

I kind of thought Frank would have a full head of hair. Glad he was there though.

Scene with Eric and Calleigh was cute. Loved her laughing at the bad pick up line.

Thought the mention of Megan and Speedle was pretty cool

Happy to see Nat but where was Ryan?! Couldn't they have shown Jesse in one less scene and tried to fit Ryan in?! I guess when they meant every team has a beginning that didn't include Ryan:(

The jury is still out on Jesse for me (I agree with everyone who thought he was bland): he may not be too bad if :

1. They keep him low key; no Super-Jesse
    2. They don't shove him down our throats (sadly, I believe that is already in the works)
    3. He doesn't over shadow Ryan and Nat

(I can't shake the feeling, even though we have a lot of it left that it is going to be a LONG season especially for us Jonathan Togo fans watching him possibly getting the shaft and passed over for good story arcs yet again.:( I so want to be wrong, and hopefully by getting good story arc and quality screen time I will be.)

Great acting by both DC and EP. H's bedside speech was heartwrenching

Come back Alexx, I miss you!

Not much Ryan and Nat, but I wasn't expecting much. They could have at least said something.

Neat to see everyone by Eric's bed and Ryan and Frank giving blood.

All in all an okay episode. Not sure about Jesse. I hope he doesn't bogart the time that Ryan and Natalia should be getting. I agree with luf100, Ryan doesn't have much competition with Jesse; IMHO Eric was hotter and Ryan still got plenty of fans and will continue getting them.

11. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

I totally loved last night epi. Cali being bubbly and new was refreshing and I enjoyed it. I like Eric better w/hair. The only problem was there no mention of Ryan. All in all I give it two thumbs up :thumbsup:

12. dione1984

dione1984 Dead on Arrival

So I just watched the episode and all n all, it was a good one! i enjoyed it. To clear things up about the last few post about H needing a favor from Natalia, I think he needed a favor from the other chick who looked to be Natalia's boss and Natalia was just the person doing the job. so heres my random thoughts on this epi:
    - loved how Cal and H went through the swamp waters to find Eric but in the Hospital they were completely clean,:lol:, they must keep the same outfits in the Hummer in case they get into situations like that.
    -I thought everybody was pretty much dressed 97ish xcept for Jesse. The outfit he was wearing is similar to what Togo has been wearing last season.
    -FRANK!!! loved the look! It was the same look he sported in the first Rush Hour! check it out, you'll see.
    -Love Alex
    -Now they may not have done much of anything to Em's look but she did act real giddy......i miss that side of her a lot!
    -Love how we were able to see how H got the sunnies and his pose! I laughed so hard when he did the Super H pose....priceless.
    -Would have loved to see Cal by Eric's side in the hospital holding his hand or something! They are still together at this moment so why not show just them two together for just a quick moment.
    -Liked the H/E scene...very emotional but as stated above, I would have loved to see a E/C hospital scene.
    -It would have been nice to see Eric look at Cal at the end.
    -I liked Jesse....I just hope TPTB dont hook him up with Cal...I dnt think they will, thats if im reading into what Adam has stated befor correctly.

Overall I cant wait to see the next epi. The only thing Im hoping that TPTB DONT DO this season is make Jesse Cal's new fling and not give any screen time to Togo and La Rue. Im gonna miss my E/C moments but csim will loose a viewer if they do what I dont want them to do. lol

13. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

I loved it too. The characters WERE characters! That's basically what cops act like. I could relate with Calleigh blowing off that one cop and his sexist comments. This was a lot more accurate, from forensic science not being taken so seriously to the attitudes of the old-timey cops like "Sully."

We giggled at Horatio the first time. I thought he looked a little like the Pillsbury Dough Boy with hair. That and Frank with a mustache. To quote Michael J Fox, "Geez, didn't that guy EVER have hair?"

I liked Jesse just fine. I guess time will tell. Anybody besides me notice he looks a little like Rick Stetler?

God I miss Alexx! And that moment between Alexx and Calleigh. Alexx was always the team's "mom", but she really couldn't promise Calleigh that Eric would be all right.

Nice to see a happy Calleigh and a happy Eric. I missed Eric's hair and that boyish grin.

TPTB paid a lot more attention to detail this time as well. In the ICU, Eric's tubes were actually fastened, whereas in "Smoke Gets In Your CSI's", the bariatric tube was just stuck in Calleigh's mouth with no taping.

If this is a sign of things to come, I'm on board. I've missed the old Horatio that cared about the victims and his team. I've missed the old Horatio who was a leader who would keep his promises.

14. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i completely 100% agree with you. Natalia is a good character she has a lot of potential, it ashame we have to say she has potential after being on the show for a few years now. Eva is a good actress i freak out every week when she's in a scene for like 2 seconds and most of the time without a speaking part. at least in this ep she had two scenes i wasn't expecting her to be in it at all.

i question why Eva is even a series regular anymore. she's in an ep like an extra not a regular.

the episode last night was pretty good. i always like to see/hear how groups of people in a show got together, gives a much better background to the team.

15. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

They released the preliminary ratings this afternoon.....Jay Leno totally got schooled! :lol: He only had 5 million viewers; Castle had 9 million plus and Miami won the hour with 13.73 million. However, that number is a 17% DROP in viewers from last year's premiere. That is a big drop....a really big drop....wonder where everyone was? Cuz they obviously weren't watching Leno :lol:

Nice to see everyone posting here too....I got a little nervous last night after the ep finished....no one was here!! :lol: So nice to see everyone here ;)