Leverage - new TNT series

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Dynamo1, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Meatball42

Meatball42 Police Officer

Welcome! I've been trying to get loads of my friends to watch the pilot, but they won't listen. Now I have an example to shove in their faces; 'PerfectAnomaly watched it and they loved it!' Anyway, welcome to the club, we have a potluck every Tuesday and a drinking game every Wednesday night! :) (I'm just kidding. Although that would rock, huh?... Okay, see below!)

I watched Angel for a bit, but those were some of my favorite episodes, especially Your Welcome. Also, I LOVE The Strange Life of Bob, an episode of Las Vegas where CK guest stars as this hitman (haha, hitter ;)) who gets anmesia.

Okay, new idea! We should totallly have a Leverage drinking game! Use alcohol if you want, personally I like apple juice, but here it is: Every time a certain thing happens, you have to take a drink, like every time Parker says something crazy, Hardison hacks awesomely, Eliot gets in a fight, or Sophie makes a fool out of Nate. Or whatever. What do you guys think?

2. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

My mom got me to watch it. I love it. I think they are funny people on the show. Black guy, I can't think of his character name, he look so familiar and I knew I see him somewhere on the show. He played Tony Thorpe on CSI the original. The episode called To Tough To Die and A Happy Place.

3. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Aldis Hodge plays Alec Hardison.

I thought I read that he was in those episodes....he was also on an episode (I think) of Supernatural. Apparently he was just at the Supernatural convention in Vancouver.

4. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Witness

Just got done watching the Two Live Crew Job... that fight between Eliot and the Mossad female was awesome. Not to mention the chem factor...HOT!!!!!

Can't hack a classic... Great line by Hardison!

Nice play with the phone; bait and switch. Wil Wheaton must come back.

I wasn't sure about liking the Sophie/Nate subplot, but that last scene sold me. I like the dynamics with this team so many possibilities.

5. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I'm another fan of this show too. I mostly started watching it due to Christian Kane, being a fan of his, but the show is just fun anyway.

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

CK is why I started watching the show too. :)

Okay, finally got caught up and watched the latest three eps yesterday.

What they did to the reporter woman was funny. Making everyone think she was crazy. :lol: When she hopped that fence, that made me laugh.

Loved Parker and Hardison messing with that magician... thats almost as funny as when someone messes with a mime. :lol:

Elliot's comment about the "http goes before the www, right"? cracked me up. :lol:

And who didn't see that kiss coming between Elliot and his female counterpart? Funny how the sword play was all in their thoughts. :lol: Loved when Elliot told Hardison that the girl could wipe the floor with him and then added how she actually killed a guy with a mop. :lol:

However, it ticks me off when they say "stay tuned for scenes from next week's episode" and then they start "Dark Blue" without showing the preview for Leverage. GRRRR!

Another thing I found ironic, Wil Wheaton (Wesley from Star Trek NG) was in the ep and Hardison made some reference to something from Star Trek... at least Parker said it was from Star Trek. I didn't recognize it. I was just as lost as the rest of them were. :lol:

7. Meatball42

I love tht scene. That episode was funny, with everyone switching places, even Parker commented. Then the scene in the Top Hat Job when they all argued over who should be doing what, and Eliot said 'Anyone want my job? I get punched and kicked!' Loved it! :lol:

You're right, totally saw that coming, from the face off and the fake fight scenes! And the mop thing was hilarious!

Yes, that is really annoying. Once I missed one episode of Dark Blue, and I had to watch-but-not-really-watch the first few mins of DB so I could catch the promo at the first commercial break, but not spoil the episode I missed. But I suppose it's a clever way to cement a lead-in viewership, right? Once you watch the beginning, you think, oh, why not watch the rest?

The Kobayashi Maru is a test that star fleet cadets had to take to show how they worked under imsurmountable odds. It's impossible to win, except Captain Kirk beat it by cheating. I had no idea what it was either, I had to get my mom to explain it to me, then the wikipedia page to explain her explanation!

In the promo for the Iceman Job, Hardison appears to be speaking with a British accent! Wonder what that's about?

8. GregNickRyanFan

Thank you for posting that! I was trying to remember his line. I knew he said something that made me chuckle, but could not remember what it was. :lol:

Oh... that's the test thingy that Spock made up (in the new movie) and Kirk beat. I didn't remember what it was called. :lol: Thanks for the explanation. :)

9. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I haven't seen the most recent episode yet... by the time I remembered that Leverage was on, it was halfway through the episode, and I wasn't going to just start watching.

The Dark Blue thing really annoys me. I'm not going to watch the show. Stop trying to make me. I solved the problem pretty easily- leave Dark Blue on mute and only watch the commercials. :lol:

10. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I just wait for TNT to add to their video page to catch the preview thing. Although this week it was a day or two before it was

11. GregNickRyanFan

I'm confused. I missed the first five or six minutes of last night's episode. Why exactly was Sophie so mad at Nate that she'd put her phone is a glass of liquid? :lol:

I loved Hardison fake hitting Elliot. "stay down". :lol:

Oh something I forgot to mention about the ep with the guy who was selling frozen foods... It was funny what Parker said about guys named Eric. "Eric with a c, nice and friendly. Erik with a k, evil." :lol:

12. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I think she was just annoyed because she knew he wanted to ask her to come back and he couldn't do it. That's my take on it anyway.

I love those two together. The end when Hardison wanted to "hug it out" and Elliot said, "I'm gonna break your fricken arm," was hilarious. I think Chrisitan Kane kinda looked like he was trying not to crack up.

13. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

My take on that is that Sophie had asked for some space and didn't want to be called in again, and here everyone is calling her.

You notice, at the end of the Two Live Crew Job, the scene in the graveyard, Nate wanted to kiss Sophie, and she wasn't okay with that. I think that's why she left the team, and wanted to sort things out. She said she needed time, and they really didn't give it to her.

It seems obvious that they have feelings for each other, but don't know how to deal with them, especially being on the team together, and their mutual histories.

14. GregNickRyanFan

Oh yeah, the hug. How did I forget about that? That was hilarious! :lol:

15. Meatball42

I think your right. That's that explanation that makes the most sense. Becaue she let everybody else call her for advice, but it wasn't until Nate called her that she seemed unhappy about it.

I loved that scene! And you're totally right. Just when he said that line, it looked like he was about to grin.