Leverage - new TNT series

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Dynamo1, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Has anyone else seen Leverage, the new series on the TNT cable channel? The pilot aired on Sunday night and a second episode just aired in its regular Tuesday night time slot (10:00 pm Eastern). It stars Timothy Hutton (Nero Wolfe), Gina Bellman (Coupling, UK version), Christian Kane (Close To Home), Aldis Hodge (guest on cSI, Bones, Numb3rs), and Beth Riesgraf.

This show is a bit Robin Hood, Mission: Impossible, Equalizer, Stingray, Pretender, and The Sting... all rolled into one great hour.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I really love it. I cracked up quite a bit at the characters' antics. Loved when they were discussing the web cam and how they had to do something to disrupt the signal, then Elliot just picks up a rock, throws it and breaks the camera. :lol:

Aldis Hodge played the guy who raped Pamela in CSI ep "Too Tough To Die" and was also in "Happy Place". I sat there the whole hour of the premiere episode trying to figure out why the guy looked so darn familiar. After the show was over I went to imdb to find out. :lol:

I read in tv guide that Christian Kane does some of the martial arts stunts himself. I didn't even know he knew martial arts. :lol: He's multi-talented. He can act, sing (oh man does he have a beautiful voice) and do martial arts. I just :adore: him. :lol:

3. GregNickRyanFan

Loved tonight's ep. And they played a song where Christian Kane was singing. I wish I knew the name of the song. I'm so in love with his voice. :lol:

4. Vartann_fan

Vartann_fan Victim

Wonderful new show! The plots are interesting but what I love most are the characters, can't wait to find out more about every one of them. My favorite is Nate and I'm interested in the Nate/Sophie relationship, though everyone is great, the funny Parker, the geeky Alec or the muscle of the team, Elliot.

Did you know that "Vartann" will be in one of the future episodes? :cool:

5. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Witness

I really like this new series. I just watch the horse swindling ep. Loved the reason Parker was afraid of horses; "I saw a horse kill a clown once." Flash back to a birthday party and two guys in clown and horse costume fighting. Too funny.

Gina Bellman did the series Jekyll with James Nesbittr in the UK. Awesome series. Highly encourage all to see it.

6. Half

Half CSI Level Two

This show jumped to number three on my favorite shows list after seeing just two episodes. A lot of things really are hilarious. I never thought I'd literally be laughing during a show of this type, but I was.

Last night's episode was pretty good. One thing that's so interesting about this show is that there are a lot of twists... When you think they're caught, you find out about the 25million catches they put into their scheme. It's kind of better that we don't see the whole scam until the end, because it makes it all the more interesting.

I case you didn't find out yet, TV.com says it's: "More Than I Deserve" by Kane

7. GregNickRyanFan

OMG! I thought it sounded familiar. That's the one that played in the tv movie he was in about Enron! :lol: Thanks!

I loved the scene in last night's ep where the meth head kept trying to get out of the truck and Elliot kept kicking the door closed and said, "Stay in the truck!" :lol:

8. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I loved the entire thing with Parker and Alec as the FBI. Parker's jacket looked too big for her, which made her serious attitude relatively comedic. The entire reveal, with everyone going against the judge, was also pretty damn hilarious.

Best part about the FBI thing was the thing about The Book. "Don't mention The Book. *pause* Or propellers." (I think it was propellers correct me if I'm wrong.)

9. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah, I loved the book part. He always cracks me up. Last week when he said "that's my niche" I just about busted a gut. I don't know why that was so funny, but it may have been the way he said it. And when he said "we're all going to hell". :lol:

And Nate: I said bleeding tears, not bleeding ears. :lol:

I also thought it was funny when he said it took him over an hour to torrent the last ep of Doctor Who and Parker goes, "Hey! Illegal downloading is wrong!" :lol: It's just so ironic. They're thieves and she's saying stealing songs is wrong? :lol:

And the part with Elliot in the bank pretending to almost cry and then the judge saying "that's ridiculous! that guy wasn't even here!" :lol:

10. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I loved that. Because he's all outraged but no one believes him.

Parker's just hilarious in general... she has such a strange moral compass that it's almost ridiculous, but really funny at the same time.

The one Hardison thing that always comes to mind is in the first episode. It's so short, but funny. When he's sliding across the floor on the wheelie chair going "Ooooooooooooooo" about Nate and Sophie.

11. GregNickRyanFan

Last night's ep was good. I cracked up when Elliot told the rest of the team "Parker just stabbed her guy with a fork!" It was just the way he said it that cracked me up. Like he couldn't believe she did that. It's crazy Parker, what do you expect? :lol:

Oh and it's just hilarious to me that with all those martial arts moves that Elliot knows, he still managed to get beat up by women. :lol: Of course he doesn't like to hit women, but still... it was amusing.

Loved Parker trying to speak to the kids and she ended up saying "I'll make your tomato shiny" and they all laughed. :lol:

12. ThumpyG42

ThumpyG42 ~Nocturnal Jenn~ Premium Member

I love this show! It sort of reminds me of a higher tech newer version of 'The A-Team'. I only watched it to begin with because Timothy Hutton (love him!) is in it, but was thrilled to discover Gina Bellman was in it as well. I thought she was fantastic as Jane on 'Coupling'--the original British version, not the awful American remake.

But by far and away the most pleasant surprise for me has been Aldis Hodge as Hardison. The man is absolutely hysterical.

13. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

I saw this show for the first time on Tuesday, and I must admit that I really like it.
    It's suspenseful and action packed while also being quite funny. Everything I could possibly ask for in a television show all packed into one. Not to mention that some of the guys on there aren't bad looking ;)

Hardison and Elliot are hilarious :D

14. GregNickRyanFan

I loved that they got Maggie in on the con and when she punched Blackpool, that was awesome! Loved Hardison saying that the new headquarters was a foreclosure and he thinks it used to be MC Hammer's place and then he said: "I guess you can touch this." :guffaw:That dude is freakin' hysterical. I loved the scene where he and Elliot saw each other and were like "what are you doing here?" and then the girls saw each other and were like "what are you doing here?" that was great.

15. JLo10131121

JLo10131121 Witness

I have to say I love this series also. The Nate and Sophie dynamic has me watching to see more. I know there's way more history than what little's described. Ever since the first ep when Nate introduced the rest of the gang to her, you could see something in his eyes, hear it in his voice, that said, 'she's special.' Hardison and Parker crack me up. The finale was incredible. No way they're going their separate ways. Nope. Ten bucks says they all start to turn back at the same time.