Leverage - new TNT series

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Dynamo1, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Megan930

Megan930 Rookie

This is one of my favorite new shows, I have been hooked since the pilot. Hardison and Parker are my favorite, they are the funniest part of the show. I can't wait until season 2 airs this summer.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Does anyone know when the second season starts?

3. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

There seems to be conflicting info on the season premiere. Their webpage at TNT says Monday, June 15 at 1:00 am (Eastern) while their Facebook page says Wednesday, July 15, at 8:00 pm (Eastern). Regular TV listing sites don't go into July yet. Meanwhile, they will air the following reruns:
    Wed, June 10, 10:00 pm (Eastern): (S 1, ep 1) The Nigerian Job
    Wed, June 17, 10:00 pm (Eastern): (S 1, ep 2) The Homecoming Job

Also season 1 DVD set is due out July 14.

4. GregNickRyanFan

The season premiere was good. Am I the only one who giggled when Sophie hit Nate with the tray instead of the bad guy? :lol:

5. VelvetRose

VelvetRose Dead on Arrival

6. Meatball42

Meatball42 Police Officer

I loved that!
    If there's going to be a list of awesome moments, I have quite a few!
    In the extended pilot, the elevator scene: 'Nate: Hardison dies in plan M. Eliot: I like Plan M.' Cracks me up every time I wtach it. Then 'Parker: This is going to suck.' in the hospital scene, right before she makes herself throw up. Then Hardison bumping Eliot's head on the cop car! 'Walk it off!'
    Basically, the entire episode.
    And all the others.

Loved Beantown Bailout! It's the funniest episode of them all!
    Tap-Out rocked, of course, for obvious reasons ;)
    Order 23 was really great because it had a character show real emotion. I know, a shocker, huh? But on this show, close episodes are in demand. Stork Job for Parker was great, but I want loads more backstory!

Here's a cool spoiler for those avid watchers, like me, who simply can't get enough of the awesomeness!
    In an upcoming episode, Maggie gets framed by her boyfriend for stealing a faberge egg!

7. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I'm renting the first season through netflix but I'm confused about something. On disc one the episodes are The Nigerian Job, The Homecoming Job and The Wedding Job....now after listening to the commentaries I gathered that the order they aired in was different.

Does anybody know the actual air order?

Oh and I love the show. I wasn't expecting the show to be as funny as it is.

8. Meatball42

Nigerian Job was first, I hope you have the extended version because the hospital scene gets cut and it's one of my fav parts.

Then:
    Homecoming Job
    Two-Horse Job
    Miracle Job
    Bank Shot Job
    Stork Job
    Wedding Job
    Mile High Job
    Snow Job
    12-Step Job
    Juror #6 Job
    First David Job
    Second David Job

9. Meatball42

Just got promo pics for the Two Live Crew Job! See them at http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/search/label/Leverage
    The Two Live Crew Job is the last of the episodes airing this summer, and in it there's another team just like Leverage except: They're total theives who only steal for themselves! And: I know for a fact that there's an evil Nate, who's a crafty older gentleman, and an evil Eliot! She (yes, I said SHE) and Eliot get into a sword fight at some point suring the episode. Plus, Sophie plays dead. Literally.

10. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Excited that Eliot gets to match skills with a female And dude it's freakin Wesley Crusher Really looking forward to that episode

11. Meatball42

^ I only wish it weren't the summer finale! I wish it weren't, because this happens in the second episode after the summer break:
    Jeri Ryan is set to recur on TNT's "Leverage."

On the sophomore drama about a group of vigilaties in pursuit of bringing down bigwigs, she will play Tara, a smart-ass, street-wise con woman whom Sophie (Gina Bellman) calls on for help and who gets sucked into the Leverage family.

Ryan most recently co-starred on CBS' "Shark."

Her series credits also include "Boston Public," "The O.C." and "Star Trek: Voyager."

She is repped by ICM and Kyle Fritz Management.

Source: Hollywood Reporter

Can't wait!

12. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

From TV Guide online:
    Leverage Extends Summer Season
    Aug 18, 2009 04:47 PM ET
    by Joyce Eng

Leverage has leveraged a slightly longer summer: The con-men drama's summer season will be extended by two episodes, TNT announced.

"The Iceman Cometh" and "The Lost Heir Job" will run Sept. 2 and Sept. 9 before the show, currently in its second season, breaks for the fall.

"The Lost Heir Job" features Star Trek: Voyager's Jeri Ryan as Tara, a grifter who helps the team.
    After the new summer finale, there will be six episodes of Leverage's 15-episode order left. The second part of Season 2 is targeted for winter.

13. Meatball42

^
    YES!!!! YAY! MORE LEVERAGE!

14. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Witness

I just finished watching the Top Hat Job. I really thought that operation was really blown. Great misdirection. Loved Parker's flashback. Oh she is deliciously crazy. :thumbsup:

15. GregNickRyanFan

I really hope Leverage doesn't pull a CSI and hook some of the characters up. Though I guess Nate/Sophie wouldn't be bad consdering that they have a past, but I prefer they leave all the characters at the playful flirting stages and never hook them up. Especially Parker and Hardison. She will crush him... and I'd hate to see him hurt like that cause then he might lose his funny. :lol: I love Hardison. He's my fave character after Elliot. :lol: