Horatio/DC#14: Even heroes have the right to bleed

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I was watching last night and loved that part! So great how they compared Tommy and DC! :guffaw:

2. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Y'know, I kind thought of it last week after the RH comment and just was laughing when Needles (or was it Lou?) gave that DC speech to Tommy :lol: and it wasn't mocking (like back in the first season of South Park)

3. RoscoeTrek

RoscoeTrek Rookie

I do miss the old H!!! I hope they show more of the old H in the new season. Although there are some elements of the new "super H" that I enjoy, H seems to miss being close to his team the way he was in the first seasons.

The way he comforted Calleigh after Speedle's death, the way he first interviewed Ryan for the job, the way he protected and advised Eric and even the way he mourned the victims.

It is quite a contrast to what he appears like now... cold at times, dark, uncaring, way to serious and very angry (on the inside, not guilty like in season 4 - from the grave).

DC's a very very very good actor. Everything he does seems very real to me most of the time, I just wish tptb would give him even something more to do with.

4. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

This and the other posts on the subject were all written prior to the video promo for "Out of Time", the season premiere. TPTB have been listening and making changes. Great scene, David.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/csi_mia...WMHD&play=true

5. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I can't wait for this. Just awesome! This scene might very well go down as Horatio's "most memorable scene" in the history of 'Miami'. Absolutely a true beautiful moment.

6. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I didn't put this under spoiler protection because David actually has the clip posted on his MySpace page. If I've made a mistake, let me know. :)

I agee with all of you! What an incredibly amazing job David does with that scene. I am so pleased that he's finally been given a chance to show a little of what he can do as an actor. CSI Miami has never really afforded him that opportunity. It would be wonderful if this season they let him show what a talented actor he truly is.

I am really very excited for the new season to begin. If this is an indication of where David plans to take Horatio, we're in for a real treat! :thumbsup:

7. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:rolleyes:
    I'm almost afraid to even write this, but a little of that newfound sensitivity goes a long way. I'd hate to see them overdo. Even though we've been screaming for the more sensitive Horatio, a 180 shouldn't be on the table.

Slow and easy doesn't seem to be a concept tptb understand. Let's hope they learned something from the E/C debacle.

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I can definitly understand that, & agree. It's not just his emotion that appeals to me in this scene though, it's that he's showing it with a member of the team, & I hope that is what we'll see more of - him in touch with all of them once again.
    I like the emotion but I don't care to see him break down into fetal position at the drop of every hat either -- I'd rather see him lighten up, be a little happy & appreciate those who are around him & love him, no matter how few there are.
    Not saying that he doesn't have every reason to feel lonely or sad from his losses, but I think he needs to eventually overcome that & try to move on.....not too sure tptb feels that way though.

OT, we're soon to open a new thread - any ideas for titles?

9. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I understand what you're saying, too, Inthewind. MJ nailed it when she said that Horatio connecting and involved with the people who are important to him came through in that scene, too. That's sort of what I meant by I hope that is where Horatio is going this season. I just wasn't very precise - and MJ explained it much better. :)

I want a more visibly connected and engaged Horatio. A Horatio that is able to show his son by example how to deal with horrible loss. How to pick up the pieces and move forward and not let it take you to the dark place he's been for the last couple of seasons.

But you're right. I certainly don't want to suddenly see an overly emotional Horatio who's losing it everytime something sad happens. I don't trust the writers on this show at all, but somebody had to learn something from how badly the E/C storyline was conceived and executed. Didn't they? Please? :( :( :(

Heavens I'm bad at that kind of thing. :( But I'll think on it!

10. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

I can see Horatio getting choked up over Delko, especially in light of what may happen. Those two have been through a lot together, to say the least. Not sure, but I think this would make Calleigh the last original member of the team.

Well said, mjszud. What I miss is a Horatio who was strong yet sympathetic. A good, smart leader who expected nothing but the best from his team, yet he was willing to listen to them.

Writers, if you're listening, please, please PLEASE go back and study episodes from the first three seasons. You have clearly forgotten what made this hero so loved. I despise that dark, distant Horatio who was never in the lab and never interacted with his team. At the same time, please don't turn Horatio into a dishrag who ran out of Paxil. Those of us in Flyover Country who are still employed have to deal with bosses and co-workers like that in RL. Your jobs are to provide us with an escape from all that.

I would also caution you to not try to start up the DuCaine so soon after the E/C disaster. This serves no purpose except to make Horatio look like a player and Calleigh look like a slut.

11. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I would so hate to see DuCaine in any form. While I used to love the interaction between Horatio and Calleigh, I now dislike their interaction immensely and find it painful to watch. They are uncomfortable interacting and they struggle horribly. Plain and simple. And they are unable to hide it. The chemistry between those characters is dead and they need to let it go.

I do think Marisol has been gone long enough for Horatio to start seeing someone. Just anyone but Calleigh. I want it to be someone who is equal to him in intellect and unselfish enough to put him first. Not a clingy, whiney, selfish person. While I don't know that Calleigh could be defined as clingy and whiney, IMO she has become very selfish. Besides, with Eric leaving, I have a feeling we have a whole lot of Calleigh drama coming.

And I feel TPTB have already done a pretty good job of making Calleigh look rather promiscuous. Not as bad as Eric, but she has been around.

And from the sound of behind the scene circumstances, well, they just don't seem conducive to a DuCaine relationship either.

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I don't want to see H in a romance any time soon, least of all with Calleigh - she's already had her share of storylines -- besides, I'm almost convinced they both have some freakish black widow curse thing going on.

No, H needs to bond with his team again & also establish a good father/son relationship with Kyle before being thrown into another romance. If need be that Horatio falls for a woman & re-marries, then I have no problems with that, but NOT RIGHT NOW, save it for the end of the series when tptb can actually do it right & keep the couple happy! And for the love of God give him the right character when/if that time comes. :rolleyes:

13. RoscoeTrek

RoscoeTrek Rookie

I would like to comment on what Delynn, Alamance and mjszud have just pointed out but it looks like its time for a new thread... so Commander Lucy are you up?

14. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.