Horatio/DC#14: Even heroes have the right to bleed

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I'd like to see "the bad" for the others & then see Horatio playing off of them. That way, "the bad" isn't really directed towards him but we'll get to see how it affects him, & I looove seeing H all torn up over his "kids". It brings out his emotional side, & I like that more than I like seeing him angry with the seasons enemy of choice.

As far as "the good", I do want to see it come for H with Kyle. Just some good father/son moments, that are more fun than dramatic, is all I ask for. Kyle's a bit too old for tossing around the ball, but I think they could throw in an ending scene that showed them doing something together -- fishing, eating dinner, or attending a game of some kind....& I'd really love to see Horatio in street clothes, that'd be a first! :p

2. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

It could happen. After all the writers did give us a "Happy Horatio" moment in season seven when he was pushing the kid on the swing so we might see something similar with Kyle. Perhaps fixing a car but not mashing away on a Video game that would be a little too corney (More up Wolfe's alley though)

3. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

Personally, I'd love to see them walking/talking together as the sun sets like they ended one time with the whole team arriving at a crime scene and walking together...say after a particulary trying day they could be discussing stuff-even if no dialogue but just them walking would be a breath of fresh air...and it wouldn't cost much since there's plenty of beach in California!

4. Wolfe:D

Wolfe:D Victim

lovin the new thread :D
    &&the name:]

5. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I think this would be perfect!

I do have to say, though, the first time I read this, scenes from "The Courtship of Eddie's Father" kept flashing through my head. :lol:

Am I dating myself, or does anyone else remember that show? And if you remember the show (with Bill Bixby), do you remember the movie with Glenn Ford? :eek:

Where's my walker....:guffaw:

6. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

We can share the walker. I remember BB in Eddie's Father reruns; never saw the movie, but I loved Glenn Ford so if he's in it, it's a winner.

Regarding the non-team, just enjoying a Happy Hour beer or a weekend BBQ would be sufficient. The beach walk was fine, both times they did it, but there was no evident communications between the members.

7. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Oh yes, I've always wanted that ending scene with Horatio & the team sitting around a table at some random lounge, glasses raised in the air while H gives some little speech ....*sigh*

I'm hoping that since the premiere will kick off the season with this flashback of how the team/lab came to be, that it will set the theme for the new season -- a "team" theme so to speak; and with that, I think we could get back the Horatio that we all seem to miss so desperatly. I've got my fingers crossed that there will be a good reason for this risky route tptb are taking.

8. Remke79

Remke79 Witness

euhm its almost 1000 post, do we have a new thread name?

i love the flash backs already, and speedle comes back for the flashbacks.
    i like to see how they make the team younger , horatio is still yummy, and drama again with delko in the new season , how would he reacting on that.

9. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I'm really excited about what I'm hearing for the second episode of season 8 - "Hostile Takeover".

The casting sides really sound like we get to see a whole lot more of the old Horatio coming back. It reads wonderfully. I can't wait to see Caruso go to work with it. :)

I know some people are already complaining that Horatio is the negotiator, but who else would you have? Calleigh? I don't get the feeling of sincerity and empathy from her that Horatio projects. She's too cold. Besides, he is the head of he Crime Lab. It just makes sense. (Although I'd buy Ryan as a negotiator!)

I, for one, really think I'm going to like this new guy, Jesse. I like the fact that he and Horatio know each other, and appear to have been friends, years ago. Maybe he'll be a friend for Horatio. Frank is a good friend to Horatio, but he could use another one.

I'm starting to feel better about what is to come.

The only thing that concerns me, is what appears to be a number of scenes with Horatio and Calleigh interacting.

Horatio and Calleigh even sharing a scene just doesn't work anymore. What does it take for TPTB to figure it out! :scream:

It is so difficult for the two involved they can't hide it and they've apparently stopped trying and it flashes in neon on the screen. Forcing them to do scenes together is so horribly painful to watch, I can't imagine what it must be like for them to try and get through it.

I guess we'll see, but the amazing chemistry that Caruso and Procter used to share is totally and completely dead. Let it go. TPTB threw all their eggs in one basket with Calleigh and Eric and burned their bridges. Only because Eric has to be gone for recovery will they now write that Calleigh will stoop low enough to work with the others on the team.

Team Horatio up with any other member of the team, including Eric or the new guy, but leave Calleigh out of it when it comes to Horatio. Watching the two actors struggle to get through an Horatio/Calleigh scene isn't any fun. :(

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I didn't get to actually "read" what you did, Delynn, so I wasn't aware of any of the Horatio business, save for him being the negotiator, which I agree he is head of the lab & anyone who wants to cut a deal will go to the bossman rather than risking it & going for someone of lesser authority, imo.

I also sadly agree with the statements made of Horatio/Calleigh scenes. They have been nearly scary to watch these past few seasons, but nothing is worse than e/c so I can't complain too much about the shift in grouped teammembers. I think I'd take anything other than that for now.

Sorry to sway off H-topic-ness there, anyway...
    I like that so far we don't see any signs of any gangs, mobs or the season's choice of villian -- that gives me so much more hope for the season as I can't stand the typical annual villian against H/team. It's so overdone.

Jesse - It sounds pretty interesting that he & Horatio share a background -- that's always a plus & hopefully maybe that brings out some of H's past that we have yet to learn about, like his time in Ny perhaps. One can hope.

A few random thoughts about the spoilers:
    I hear Horatio mentions Marisol, can't help but wonder what that is for -- continuity, or foreshadowing another storyline? It's anyone's guess.
    Also, the icing on the cake, I hear is that we will FINALLY get that team, save for Eric as he's on leave) bonding moment taken place at a bar!!! I hope it's everything I've always imagined. :p

I just want to see H & his team :adore: -- it's what I admire most in him, so Im looking forward to it if that's what we'll get the chance to see through the season, lord knows it's TIME!!

11. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I just ran into an interesting interview with Sunil Nayar, Executive Producer for CSI Miami with an Australian newspaper.

I'm just posting what he had to say about Horatio/Caruso, but you can find the entire article at
    http://www.theage.com.au/news/enter...-to-mother-ship/2009/07/29/1248546760568.html

(Sorry for the long link. Couldn't for the life of me figure out how to hide the link behind the article title. Help!)

Anyway, here is what he had to say about Horatio/David:

===============
    The core of CSI: Miami, Nayar says, is its cult hero, Horatio Caine, played by David Caruso. With his trademark sunglasses and verbosity, Caine has become a favourite with fans.

‘‘David Caruso is such an iconic hero and I think that’s one of the fundamental ideas of the show: that when the sun comes up, here is this man standing in favour of those who have no voices for themselves,’’ Nayar says.

‘‘For that reason, there has been little change to the nature of Horatio Caine in the show’s seven-year life. You can’t tinker too much with heroes.’’
    =================

I really can't say I entirely agree with his last statement. Little change to the nature of Horatio over the show's seven year life? Has he been watching the same Horatio I've been watching for the last 3 seasons?

I've seen changes to the nature of Horatio and they've concerned me.

He's closed down and shut people out to the point of looking cold and and totally detached from everyone around him a lot of the time.

The man who once stated no one deserved to die cold bloodedly killed a helpless man. We were also left with a strong insinuation that the "hero" that is supposed to be the moral compass of the show beat up a helpless suspect.

He used to be an amazing leader/supervisor who had total control over everything happening in the lab. Now we rarely see him even check on the progress of those he supervises and his team is far from a cohesive unit. A lot of times you wonder if he even knows he has certain people on his team as he never interacts with them.

He is much too quick to kill. The soul of the show in a lot of ways seems to have lost his way.

He is certainly not the same man who told Megan the science was his discipline. He rarely collects or processes evidence anymore and, as I stated earlier, rarely even visits his team in the lab to check on their progress.

All of that said, I still adore Horatio and I'm feeling very hopeful. :)

I've seem major improvement in season 7. The Horatio from seasons 1-3 when Horatio was a caring, sympathetic leader who was focused on the victim and making sure they get justice is coming back to us. If he can bring his team together this season I'll be over the moon!

I'm crossing my fingers and counting on David and TPTB to bring Horatio back to the incredibly compassion, highly capable and focused "hero" that he has been in the past and seems to be coming back to again.

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

It almost amuses me at times to read the producers' take on the characters. I like what he had to say about Caruso/H, it was touching....but I agree about that last comment.
    Kinda leaves you going :wtf:

What I don't understand is how someone can say they there are no changes but then insist on making him out to look like he's going 'Dexter' in promos!!!
    I'm a little in between with all of it - I can see where H is still H, but I don't agree that there's been NO changes in him, at all. I can see where his drive is the same, & his desire to save everyone is the same, but there's definitly been some tweaking done to his character over the years.

13. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

They've tweaked many of his iconic attributes right into oblivion, replaced them with a few of Dexter's deep and dark. It's not a good fit. Back to basics, Horatio!

14. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I'm thinking...& hoping, that tptb have come to realize this also. :)

15. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Okay..this is totally random, but anyone watches Rescue Me? :lol: Just made me laugh when they say Tommy (Leary's character) and DC could be twins :lol: It goes back to last week's eppy, where a woman (gueststar Maura Tierny) called Tommy "Ron Howard" :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.