Favorite CSI Character and What If They Left?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Smokey, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Cyn-B-Demented

Cyn-B-Demented Police Officer

Well... Grissom and Sara left and Warrick, Speedle, Angell and Aiden are no longer. TPTB sure likes to kill our detectives/CSI :lol:.

If Catherine would leave I think we would loose one of the few strong female character on TV right now. I'm not complaining about our CSI:Hunks but I wish there would a little bit more intelligent, strong females on the franchise. Her character is, in my opinion, well developped and the story lines they wrote for her were interesting. I like how we got to know her past, the issues with her daughter, the issues with the nightshifts, her rape, etc. It was just brilliant and she has interesting flaws that makes her not another Mary-Sue but a believable, realistic character.
    Other characters on CSI: LV I don't want to see leave are Nick, Greg and Hodges. They bring a nice balance on the show. Their rapports with each others are totally awesome! Without them, I think the show would loose its original value... The lab ain't quite the same without Grissom but Langston is great. Oh, I don't want to see Brass leave either. The interrogations and arrests wouldn't be as much fun and entertaining to watch without him.

On CSI:NY, if Flack left I think I would punch my TV until my hands looks like scramble eggs. Eddie's performance has been consistent and brilliant through all the seasons and you can tell he knows his character. Plus, he's the coolest and funniest detective I've seen on TV ever. He totally brings that NY feel to the show. Another character that brings life to the show is Sid. Without his humour and stories, autopsy would just be as boring as on CSI:Miami (sorry CSI:Miami fans!) It's in the way Robert Joy portrays Sid, how he captures your attention in matters of seconds even if there's no "going in that creepy place again". Every time he comes on screen I just wanna go "Fucking Sid... what's up?" XD

I lost interest in CSI:Miami. So, I guess I wouldn't be bothered by any character leaving the show. Though Eric would be a great loss :(

All in all, I don't want to see the characters that, in my opinion, keep the family glue together for what they bring to it. They're like mama and papa bears XD

2. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

One of my favorite characters has already left. Warrick died and I was pissed! Nick is my favorite. If he were to leave, I can't honestly say what if I would stay. If he left this season, I would go too. If it was a few season ago, I would have stayed. But the current state of the show has changed my mind.

3. NataliaBoaFan

NataliaBoaFan Victim

If Natalia left CSI:Miami I wouldn't watch it,also if H left.That would just be a mistake.
    On NY,I like Stella and Danny.So if they left I wouldn't watch it.
    I don't really watch LV,but my favorite is Nick.

4. xcupcakefreakkx

xcupcakefreakkx Dead on Arrival

If either Calleigh or Delko left that would be it for me. Just can't have one without the other...:p and from CsiLV probably Catherine, they already killed off Warrick so if Cath were to leave then I would definetly not watch it.

5. Composer1234

Composer1234 Witness

My fave character is Horatio and followed closely by Calleigh.
    If Calleigh left the show i think i will still watch Miami but just not every episode (I used to watch it on and off and only for the crime and science but her character had grown on me so much that i started to watch every episode since season5 and revised the previous seasons, too)
    However, If H left the show I dont think i will be able to live through a whole episode without his one liners!

6. A. FineLabrats

A. FineLabrats Rookie

If Greg left, I would stop watching. I don't even watch much now because he's given barely any scenes. And if he is he's for some reason doing Archie's job. /vent

7. C S I Addie Mac

C S I Addie Mac Civilian

New Here First post think, people are forgetting about old H, i know its not really up to a C S I to be such a bad ass gun slinger, but i think he's really cool and in control, Also in miami Duccain is just so dam sexy....

But I pretty much like everyone in all three shows, and would prob watch if anyone left, would like to see them cross over a little more.

Vegas===Fav=Gil Worst=Sarah(Good Riddence)
    Miami===Fav=H Worst=Alex
    NY=====Fav=Danny Worst=The Bloke that was dr now CSI

Hottest===Emily Proctor/Anna Belknap

8. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Welcome aboard.

I really like the way you think. Even if a character stays, they really can make some changes to them that are for the worst. To have a person doing things that are extermely OOC just for the sake of teh Dramaz. Not cool, IMO.

I think that's what happened with Warrick, with giving him the marriage storyline that they didn't really follow up on much, then the drug addiction where he got clean and everything was hunky dory with him until the last episode when he got killed.

9. brixenne

brixenne Civilian

I would still watch all the series 'cos let's face it .. we love trying to figure out the cases and we wanna know what happens in the end. Has anyone ever started the first 15 minutes and then willingly switched the tv off without finding out how the case turned out???!!! =) Not me!

Still the series would be less fun for me without these characters:
    CSI:LV - Hodges ( cos he adds a much needed breath of fresh air at times )
    CSI: Miami - H ( Cos who wants to watch action without him emoting all the time? It's like H without hsi sunglasses! )
    CSI: NY - Danny ( Cos he is the first daddy in the series and he looks so fine in glasses! ) LOL

10. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

for LV i hope Greg will be seen more coz i'm watching the show mostly cause of him, and little cause of Nick. i was very sad when Griss and Worrick were gone.
    for MIAMI character who i love the most is Ryan. but also i like H too. and Natalia.
    for NY my favorites are Danny, Flack and Mac. also Stella i like too.

11. Griffon

Griffon Hit and Run

I lost interest in LV around the time when the soap between Sarah and Grissom started. Sarah in love with her boss was slightly ridiculous and reminded me too much of school, where some of the girls were yearning puppy-eyed for one of the younger teachers and one finally managed to get the bloke (scandal etc included) I am not a believer in romance on the job neither in life nor on my favourite TV shows. Now that the Sarah/Grissom thingy is once more out and through, I honestly like LV again and while I would be not really happy if after so many changes they'd change characters once again....somehow this also makes the show interesting....new faces, new story lines, new subplots and twists.

I'd say, perhaps Hodgs leaving would be the hardest blow on LV. He's great fun. And I'd miss Brass....but like my old daddy says: The cemetries are full with unreplacable people ;)....same for TV series!

Miami: Basically my favourite, even if (see above)...the Delko/Dusquene soap starts to be not only burdensome, but is also slightly ridiculous. The spoilers for Season 8 Vol1 'Out of the Past' nonetheless give me some hope that we'll have one very soapy evening and then good ridance for Delko/DUsquene and back to a good TV Police Show. If I want soap and love stories, I watch the afternoon program where they give us these Brasilian series about hot love and heartache. At prime time I rather enjoy a good plot and twist ad some action. The second spoiler of Season 8 that Delko may leave the show for good is also excellent news. I start to get bored with the script writers fixation on Eric/Calleigh. I'd rather have Tripp, Wolfe and Nathalia with more scrren time then 3 minutes all together in a 45 minutes show.
    I'd be unhappy if the writers would write out either Tripp or Wolfe, but if they'd give the one or the other a cool and excitig 'finale'.....well, life would still go on and the show would turn without them. Horatio-well: I like him and I hate him. He's a bit repeating himself, but somehow.....I also watch Miami for the 'Caruso' style, even if he's more action comic then serious police story.

Concerning NY: Love it the way it is, but would not miss Lindsay all that much. She's a bit without colour and blood and compared to Stella rather not so interesting. I would not like to see Mac go. He's really the anchor of NY. But it would not make me stop watching, as long as they give us an exciting story and good subplots.

12. A. FineLabrats

A. FineLabrats Rookie

As much as I got tired of the GSR storyline, I really don't see how it's highschool. It's not like she's in love with the authority figure. They're not teenagers, they're mature adults. Yeah, it sucks that he's her supervisor, but I really don't think they wouldn't have gotten together if they just knew each other outside of the lab.

13. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I wanted to leave a quick note to be careful with spoilers. When in doubt, stick it in a spoiler box. :)

Now, back to your regularly scheduled discussion. ;)

14. rockyshadow

rockyshadow Hit and Run

I wouldn't be able to handle it if another person left NY. I like all the characters, but Flack is my favorite, I would be really upset if he left or was killed off.

15. 915

915 CSI Level One

LV- If Greg or Nick left I would quit watching I mean I already miss Grissom and Warrick and Greg was the reason I started watching the show back in the day and I grew to like Nick. I gave up watching after season 7 mostly cause I didn't get a chance to watch season 8. This last season I didn't even bother to watch.

NY-Okay if Danny left I would stop watching. He is my favorite and always has been since I started watching NY though Mac and Flack I've grown to like.

Miami-Can't really say anything cause I already lost interest in watching it cause I never got to watch it for the last two years. Stupid Monday night work shifts. Though if Ryan left I would stop trying to watch. At least I attempt to watch it sometimes.