Favorite CSI Character and What If They Left?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Smokey, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

With several Las Vegas characters leaving the show after having a solid cast all of these years, some people are saying they won't watch anymore. Others are sticking with it, either because their favorite character is still on or because they like the show regardless.

What about you? Which character(s) on any of the three shows is your favorite and why? And if they left the show, would you keep watching?

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Yes I would keep watching if any of my favorite characters left, I don't just watch it for the characters, I have to like the premise of the show and yes the characters play (no pun intended) into that but there is still other folks left. Many shows have lost poplular characters and survived, many have lost only to bring on some that are just as good. The fact that you don't see much if any of a strain with the characters shows that the cast has that flow, you can not hide tension at least not very well. Granted there are one or two characters on all three shows I might not care for, and there are some that I do like, but it wouldn't make me watch a show less or more. But as some actors (don't know about the CSI ones) say they are the tools used to bring out the storylines that are written for the premise of the show and entertainment for the fans of the show, not the fans of theirs so much as of the show. JMO. ;)

3. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

This question is pretty cool. I mean, the way I feel could change if these characters really did leave, and I'd probably end up watching anyways, this is just how I feel as of right now. :)

Miami is by-far my favorite of the three shows. Calleigh is my favorite character closely followed by Eric. If Calleigh left, I probably would watch one more episode, just to see how everything was, then maybe not after that. I'd expect to see her walk through the door and when she's wouldn't be there, I'd be sad. If Eric left, I might could still watch it, since Cal would still be there.

On Vegas, Catherine is my favorite. I was really sad when Sara, Warrick and Gris left. I think I might not be a faithful CSI watcher if Catherine left. I'd tune in every once in a while I just love her attitude/the way she handles things.

I have favorites on NY - Stella and Flack - but am not connected to them like I am with Calleigh, Catherine and Eric, so it wouldn't bother me terribly. I'd still watch NY more than likely.

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I love most of the characters on NY, but I think I'd stick with it even if one or more of them left - as long as I'm enjoying the episodes and the remaining characters, I'll keep watching. If everybody left and I didn't like anybody that replaced them, that would change things. But yeah, even if Adam left, I'd stick with it. ;)

Since I don't watch Miami or Vegas as closely, cast changes there probably wouldn't affect my viewing (I'm fine with the changes on Vegas so far) - I mostly watch them so I know what's going on anyway. If I missed an episode of either show, I wouldn't be too upset, so having a slightly different cast probably wouldn't bother me. :)

Good question, though!

5. DetHiggins

DetHiggins Police Officer

Even if Adam left! Wow, Fay (may I call you Fay? XD), I didn't see that coming.

Let's see if Hawkes left, I don't think I'd die straight away because it's not like he gets that much screentime. If Mac left, well, I don't know. I'd probably still watch because there's always Danny, Adam, Flack, and Hawkes. But I love the show for other reasons besides the characters. I watch for humor so yeah, I'd probably still stick with New York anyway.

6. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Well, if my favourite character left (Stella), NY wouldn't be the same at all. I'd still watch it but I think if Stella left, the show would go down the tubes because she's the main female role on that show.

I realized that both CSI Las Vegas and CSI Miami now only have three characters each that have been there since the first episode. On CSI LV, it's Catherine, Nick and Greg and then on Miami, it's Horatio, Calleigh and Eric. It's extremely sad to see your favourite characters go, but in turn, there comes new characters for you to love (or hate).

7. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

I started watching the original from the very first episode, not knowing any of the actors, because of the show itself. I have watched many shows with changing characters going back to the 1960's, and continued to watch if the shows were still good.

Calleigh on Miami is my favorite. I will still watch if she left but would also probably watch whatever she left for, whether it is another series or movies. Mac on New York is my favorite there. I will miss Grissom on the original but continue to watch. Brass might be my new favorite, but I like Raymond. (Everybody Loves Raymond?)

But I'm a couch potato. What do I know?

8. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I watch only Vegas, although I've caught episodes of the others. I came to the show late, but what drew me in were the characters...all of them. That's what made me interested in watching.

It didn't take too many viewings to realize that Nick was my favorite character. :) I definitely miss Warrick now and the friendship between those two. I will also miss the relationship between Nick and Grissom, but I'm looking forward to seeing how his character will change and interact with the "new" Vegas team.

I think if he left, I would probably still watch, but it wouldn't be MUST see TV for me anymore. It depends tho. I'd give it a chance, that's for sure.

Let's just say, I hope that never happens! And I feel bad for those who have had their favorites leave. :(

9. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

Flack from NY is my favorite character.
    If he were to leave the show, I would probably still give it a chance. I can't guarantee that I would like it or continue to watch it, but I probably would. The other actors could still make the show amazing especially if the producers were able to find someone really good to replace him. But it's my favorite show in all the world of television so odds are I'd still be tuned in every Wednesday. :D A single character does not a TV show make.

Speedle was my favorite on Miami. Obviously he's not on there anymore, but I still watch the show. :)

I don't watch the original much anymore. Not because the characters have started to leave or anything, just because I either forget it's on or I'm doing something else.

10. pidgezero_one

pidgezero_one Victim

This has always been weird to think about, because Miami was my introduction to the CSI franchise, and it was during Season 5.

I went back and watched older episodes, and Speed became my favourite character, and I already knew he was going to die, but it's not like I could say I could stop watching the series since that had happened at least 2 years ago!

I came close to say I didn't want to watch anymore when Alexx left, but I stuck with the show. I don't know if anyone could leave that would make me stop watching.

11. GotGameFAn

GotGameFAn Hit and Run

My fave character on LV was Warrick. I didn't know why, but I just did. The first time I saw him was in Season 8? Then when I researched about him more I found out he died. So. ;-;

I'd definitely die if Don Flack left.

My only fave character on Miami was Alexx, and you know what happened to her.

TPTB hates me.

12. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Heh, same here. Frankly, the entire Miami cast could leave and never come back and they could find other characters to replace them and I wouldn't mind. But that's basically because all my favourite characters are pretty much gone anyway.

Although the show would lose its 'vibe' without H so I guess he's become my favourite and if he left, I might lose an hour of sleep over it but I still wouldn't stop watching. :p

Danny's my favourite on NY and if he left, I'd probably move over to Flack so no big loss. :lol: And then if Flack was gone, I might cry a little. :p But it still wouldn't stop me from watching the show.

On CSI, I don't have a favourite character so I wouldn't really care that much if the rest of them decided to leave, ha.

So in a nutshell, I'd probably still be watching all three if my favourite(s) was/were gone. I tend to stick with my favourite shows pretty long, even if they start to go downhill at some point.

13. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I would keep on watching the shows after my favs went. Mainly because I have an unfortunate tendency to stick with a programme until the bitter end. No matter how bad it gets! (All those hours wasted watching the last season of Lois and Clark :rolleyes:)

14. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

My favorite character of any of the shows is Brass. As long as he's there I think I'll be okay. But... then I've also always loved Warrick, of course. It's been really tough for me moving on without him. You know? Then again we've also lost Grissom and Sara and that makes it all the harder. But, I think Warrick was the toughest loss for me.

I'm not leaving though. I'm not giving up, yet.

15. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

My most beloved character is Stella/Melina so if she left i would quit. Not because the show doesn't deserve a second chance but because to have Melina in the show brought me here

I agree with Axel. The show wouldn't be the same without her. I can't imagine (and i dont want to) another woman in her place. Stella is unique ;)

Debbs :D

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009