CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Start Spreading the News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

exactly. also because he as a character is the one who wears his heart on his sleeve, it'll make for good viewing, whereas it happening to someone who just bottles stuff up (like, say, mac) or is always calm and collected (like hawkes) it wouldn't make for such an interesting storyline.

i think you're right - i wonder if they'll play on the idea of flack as danny's fix it friend, and whether it changes their dynamic that for once flack can't actually do anything to change the situation. i think hawkes' "long game" attitude will definitely mean he has an impact there.

couldn't agree more :)

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Good point about Flack being Danny's fix it guy. This really is something he can't fix, and I wonder if that will freak Flack out and upset him. He's used to swooping in and saving Danny, whether that means charging to Danny's rescue (like in Trapped or Snow Day or All in the Family) or making him feel better emotionally (On the Job, Comes Around). But he can't save Danny from this. And his brand of helping wouldn't really help with this either. And I don't think Flack is a guy who deals really well with feeling powerless, especially when it comes to someone he cares about. So yeah, I can see how he just wouldn't know what to do, and would be pissed/upset that he couldn't fix things. Kind of like how he was after Angell died.

Flack kind of treats Danny a little bit like a delicate flower--he's so careful with him. And Hawkes won't do that. I can see how Danny might need a little tough love, and Hawkes is definitely more the person to that than Flack or even Mac (who really does kind of look at Danny like a surrogate son).

3. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

Yeah, if they're going to go to the trouble of putting him in a wheelchair for more than three episodes I want to see more than the miraculous "Danny walks" scene. I want to see major growth in both Danny and Lindsay. Not that they won't both have their whiney moments. Both are entitled as they are both human and everyone needs to whine occasionally just for balance. However, this is a major opportunity and I truly hope they take full advantage of it for both characters.

Just sitting here talking about it, I'm getting so excited for the new season to start.

4. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Wow. Been awhile since I checked in ...and it's Page four of a new Spoiler Thread?? :lol: Took me awhile to catch up on things here. There's far too many points for me to quote. But can I really just say...

...hallelujah and thank you La Guera. A thousand thanks for your post. :lol::p

Can I also just say that my rather unexpected current apathy for S6 NY hasn't really been cured or even substantially appeased (and that does surprise me). After reading thru things, I'm still underwhelmed and thwarted in enthusiasm. My glass remains half full, but for all intents and purposes I could easily find myself drinking it while watching something else, and not feel like I'm missing out. :p

The first franchise threeway, Fishburne's travels to Miami and New York, could be interesting. It would be nice if there were more than just one Vegas character making an appearance in NY, or vice versa, but I'm curious all the same what framework they'll build for it. Part of me would love to somehow see Brass and Flack working alongside each other, or at least counterpoint. I don't really know Langston well enough to be drawn purely for him, which is why I'd love to see a wider mix of characters, but in practical production terms, I'm sure that'd be harder to swing. The efforts for the Nov. sweeps will interest me.

Hill's twits are interesting and fun, and could actually be a really great thing for the show. His enthusiasm even stirs mine somewhat :lol:.

To the big story for NY these days. I'll state here that I'm not an unabashed fan of Danny, and so the lure of his anguish and frustration and journey to Overcome (and he shall overcome) yada is less enticing. I don't dislike him. But he's a far cry from the guy who was interesting in past seasons. Flack, yes, more of a fan. And I hope his aftermath isn't overshadowed because Danny's been hurt. It does sound like Flack will be getting some attention and dare I say it, or even jinx it in so doing, *dun dun dunnnn* Continuity. Mind you, TPTB hafta have been getting in some practice. Considering Lucy an' all. And that fancy dandy wedding. And I'm really really not interested in hearing about how hard everything is for good ol' super trooper Ms. Monroe. 'Scuse meh, Mrs. Messer. The character formerly known as Lindsay. And just how much of a load she's shouldering thru it all, and how well she's doing it, or potentially not (while being excused for it).

It also does feel like all that will be an arc that will hit easily predictable marks along the way. It's like the whole sequence flashed thru my head the second I read Danny was the guy injured. Anticlimactic. Hope it proves to be an innovative take on things. Not hopeful. At the moment it's like the ending's a foregone conclusion, and I'm not curious about the journey, nor the inevitable DL/L that will accompany it; I'm sure DL will be pushed to their limits; I'm sure Lindsay will be a martyr, even if a struggling saint; I'm certain the others will be supportive and accomodating, no matter what; I have no doubt Messer will be walking and playing handball and baseball and riding his Harley again in days to come. At this point all that could be missing is a scene of Danny solemnly and wistfully recalling his emocyle rides and game-playing days, never taking them for granted again, wondering if he'll ever get to introduce them and share them with his daughter, and a montage to illustrate. :p I'd be more interested if it felt less predictable. Flack freezing isn't something I foresaw. I'm curious now to see. Maybe they'll find a way to turn the recuperation into something we haven't seen before.

I'm also hoping for a Miracle Messer !I-Can-Walk cure far sooner rather than later, and hope it doesn't drag thru the season for too long. Christ no. And if that Be Healed Child moment is actually the perky, uplifting element of S6 that PV spoke of a few months back... crappisterama. Bleh.

As for Hayley? Haylen? the Kleen Up Tech. Hope she's a decent character who's not a love interest for anyone and stands on her own merit. But flirting's perfectly fun :lol:. I'm looking forward to Adam getting screentime, even if it's for "hot girl/nerdy guy" scenes, and I hope the scenes are better than just that kind of dynamic. If they're adding a character to the show, I just hope they aim to add as good a character as was lost. I also hope her Dark Sekrit backstory-come-to-light bit isn't lame. Still reserving judgement on her character. She was, in my mind, more interesting as an unknown quantity as a CSI than as a secretive, ambitious clean up tech with a potential agenda, given a look cos the labs and team are shorthanded, and rather frayed. We'll see. Hoping she'll be an interesting (and independent) character. The show needs something. As for the renaming of Kaye Sullivan "Haylen Becall...?" was that it? Well, ...hmm. Uh, glad they've flipped the page in the babynames reference book from "K", but, um. ...Huh.

Skeet Ulrich? Could be good. Admittedly curious.

Pics: thanks for posting the link. -- wow everyone's lookin pretty casual.

As for Flack. Glad to hear there will be Angell aftermath haunting him. Hope those moments are not overshadowed by the other drama. Having Don freeze up will be interesting, as it's not a reaction I'd have expected, but, still more interesting than pure stoicism. Hopefully not too far radical a departure from his character for the sake of a twist and trauma, and really workable from within it. I'm sure Eddie will sell it. I'm wary and not looking forward to having Lindsay tied into Flack's aftermath. I don't want her involvement in matters to come out somehow being All About Her instead.

Hope the rest of the team get a moment here or there to deal with Angell and the shootings too. Stella worked with Angell, well, they all did, but after last season, and the dynamic they had, it might be nice for her to have a moment or reference of some sort.

Interested and glad to hear Sinclair will be back.

Am interested in Hawkes showing up for Danny, in that he's always seemed to be a kind of tough love type friend in some respects. Blu flu and Yahrzeit do indeed come to mind.

As for Danny and Flack. I gotta agree more with Faylinn on this. Guess I can buy they've drifted somewhat. And that the writers may be pushing for a total team ambiance, and perhaps integrating Lindsay more in general, given AB's back full time.

To which I say. Bleh. To the nth. :p Not interested. Not even a wee bit. I won't pretend to be excited by the prospect of any material thrown her way. Won't say, "well it'll be a good opportunity for growth for Lindsay." Could be. Probably should be. Not holding my breath. Still tied to DL. So far. Won't say "it'll give AB a proper chance to finally shine." Guess to be polite I'll repeat, could be, probably should be, won't hold my breath. Won't say "maybe it'll improve her character." I don't care. Not one way or the other. Until she irritates me, and my tolerance has admittedly been worn exceedingly thin. Last season's DL really pushed things over the edge. I really do not care but for the screentime taken up. Won't say "she's overdue for material." Adam, is overdue for material. Sheldon, is overdue for material. I'd rather see Sid get more material. Robert Joy was great in the Pino ep. Also in the finale. In every ep, really, the few scenes we get for him. Maybe AB & Lindsay will surprise me, and I am indeed willing to be surprised. But I'll not give her graces in advance. F*ck no. Not anymore. AB & Lindsay full time? Amid DL drama? And somehow tied into Flack's as well? This seriously unexcites me :p.

Equally, I'm sure Danny will have some solid, dramatic scenes written for him. And I'm at least pretty certain Carmine will pull them off. That alone might keep me watching when the drama raises it's head, but I'm still not really bursting with anticipation for the whole thing :lol: It's not even a can't miss thing, it's unfortunately kinda becoming just one more element to wade thru/wait out in order to get to the rest of the show.

Danny and Flack scenes, no matter the tone, feel like something the writers can lean on and essentially "use" when they choose to, but don't pay a whole lot of attention to. But if it gets Hawkes into the picture more, I really don't mind. And seeing as Mac and Don have a different timbre in their relationship, I wouldn't be put out by having Mac there for Don either.

I'd also like to see Sam Flack come back, and mebbe brother and sister can have some good scenes together, given the places within they currently each occupy.

Unapologetically not terribly enthusiastic. Curious? Maybe. Kinda. Sorta. Excited? ...no. Honestly, no, not really. Not marking down the premier on my calendar in light of things so far.

That all felt vaguely rant like :lol:

Whaddaya do. :p

5. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

haha, my thoughts exactly!

6. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

great spoilers for 6.04, especially the one about flack. i'm glad that the continuity of this whole 'shooting angell's killer point blank' thing is more on the emotional side. it's more of his actions haunting him on the inside, rather than, let's say him being suspended or something like that. it's more of inner struggle, and i'm sure eddie cahill would do really well with that.

and is it just me or is season 6 i don't know, darker than previous seasons? in terms of the cases and drama i mean. i can't explain it, but this season seems different just by the spoilers. and by saying that, i don't see it as a bad thing. :p

7. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

feel exactly the same lol :lol:
    and am quite dissapointed with the fact that it is danny who is injured i think after mac he is the most overused character in the show and i was hoping they would give someone else a chance of a big storyline don't get me wrong i like danny and the storyline might be intresting and great but i wished they used someone else.

8. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Can you believe it? As if she doesnt have enough screen time with Dannys ordeal, NOW she is going to be horning in on Flacks storyline as well. ENOUGH OF LINDSEY ALREADY!!! MAKE HER GO AWAY!!!PLEASEEEE!!!:scream::scream:

9. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

ooh i do hope so!

yeah, same. personally i don't think it's possible to overuse mac :)devil:) but i do think he and danny get a lot of the "big" stuff and it would be nice to see something like that happen to one of the others.

10. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

"Emocycle" :lol: :lol: :lol: That was brilliant, Elwood! I don't think we'll ever refer to that vehicle Danny rides as anything other than an "emocycle" anymore. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hear you on the Danny injured front, I do. While I'm glad he'll recover from his injuries if he works at it, I think it would have been a bit more daring to have him permanently paralyzed. I know, I know, I'm such a contrarian. :lol: I said a few pages back that I hoped he wouldn't be, and really, I am glad he's not. At the same time, I hear your point that the storyline feels like it's unfolding in a very expected way. Just so long as they spare us the "addicted to painkillers" route... :rolleyes: ;)

I'm not exactly excited about Lindsay having more to do, if that is the case, but it would be nice to see a more generous side to her character (if she's got one :lol: ) and I think there's the potential for that here. If they go the martyr/poor me route with her, I'll be seriously frustrated, but I definitely would like to see a more likable side to her and I think the possibility for that exists here. No guarantees, but one can always hope....

11. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Okay, now I have two favourite spoilers about S6 :D The three-way crossover and episode 6.04.

I can't wait for this! I hope they make them clear, what his reasons might be...my own interpretation is that Flack freezes because he's horrified. Not of the girl, but of the fact that he has done it before - killed a suspect/criminal - maybe thinks he could do it again, and worse, that someone else also thinks he could do it. But it's great, that there's going to be emotional follow-up from Pay-Up.

On Danny and Flack, I agree they're so close, but it never really seems to be Danny that Flack goes to when he feels the need to vent - he's there when that's what Danny needs to do, but not so much the other way around. Truthfully, Flack doesn't seem to vent to anyone at all, so I can easily see him becoming distant. But if there are people that he vents to even a little, they're Stella and/or Mac...which, I suspect, is why Mac might demand to know what happened with Flack's freezing from Lindsay. When Flack has a problem, it's usually Mac we see step in to solve it.

I don't agree so much about Hawkes - he's definitely a lot calmer than Danny, like Flack, but at the same time he seems just as likely to get emotional and feel deeply. I mean, I think he's a lot better than Lindsay is at genuinely getting over stuff, but we've seen him freak out several times, in ways that actually do kind of remind me of Danny (like in "Raising Shane", or "Help"...he'd be upset and act irrationally, or would somewhat compound the problem). Which we've never seen from Flack, who tends to remain mostly calm or rational even in the heat of the moment; except for Pay Up. That thing with Hawkes' girlfriend really never seemed like he got over it. I think Hawkes is kind of an "in the moment" emotional guy - when the issue's passed and there's really not much else he can do about it, he seems to think about it more rationally and then get over it - but when things are actually going down, he seems entirely gripped by whatever he's feeling, and lets it cloud his better judgment.

Well since I'm a fan of all Flack and Lindsay scenes, I'm excited to see this one myself (although how weird is it that Lindsay's supposedly going to be in a shootout?). I'm not worried about the tattling thing, because seriously it's been done over and over on the CSI shows...when a colleague "messes up" so to speak, it's usually another team member that has to tell the supervisor. Heck, even Flack's done it himself, with Hawkes in "Help". I'm more interested to know whether Lindsay's actually going to have to be pressed to tell - and if so, why? Because if she seems to feel a need to hide Flack's freezing, that could show a new level of intuitiveness from her.

12. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

Oh, I do hope things get good this year! You know, the sit-on-the-edge-of-your-seat, and sleep-with-the-lights-on kind of dark. Yup, gonna love that!

13. vesper91

vesper91 Dead on Arrival

LOL. i agree. overuse of mac is not possible. but i really would like to see more drama in don's life. he's too much of a good boy. they should dig up somehting dirty in his past like they did for mac.

14. Cyn-B-Demented

Cyn-B-Demented Police Officer

^ I'm with you, guys, about overusing the same characters over and over again. It's nice that we get some development about them but ONLY them?... Er, no. Boring. If they don't start "rotating" the characters development like they did at the beginning of the show, I might become less and less interested...

S6 does seems more grim and dark than the previous seasons indeed, or at least since S1 and some of S2 :thumbsup: Though I still think CSI:LV are the ones with the most raw and twisted cases of the franchise lol

15. Cyn-B-Demented

Cyn-B-Demented Police Officer

Hey, guys, I found this gallery over at CSI - Le Forum where there's a few more pictures of the season premiere plus the other ones on Bulga, without watermarks. There's also pictures of previous seasons we haven't seen before! Enjoy! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.