CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Start Spreading the News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

Danny saved Hawkes at the beginning of season 4 I think it was call Deep... now it's his turn to be saved that would be great to see this continuity

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Good point! I can see Hawkes as the kind of guy who would want to repay that favor, too. And it's always fun to see Hawkes using his medical know-how.

3. Railynn

Railynn Rookie

I'm getting excited about season 6, i feel like the writers arent gonig to pretend that the events of the finally never happen, liek they have done so many times i.e S3 finale "Snow Day", but one thing I do not like is it looks liek Danny is the only one hurt from the shooting. While its fine that he's the only one to get hit by a bullet, it would be nice if at least a couple other characters had cuts or something. And some one lese could be shot, just Danny has the only serious injury but Stella could have been shot in the arm or somethnig. It was a lot of bullets to hit just one person in the back.

4. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Thank you Fay for Spoils!
    I’m in a hurry really to see the descent into Hell of Don and how that will be brought and how that will appear with screen!
    As regards Danny, I’m very happy, I wanted to see it a little suffering and abandoned during its meetings of Kiné, was useful to here me is! Moreover than Hawkes is present for l' to encourage, it is as much more pleasant!
    We know Danny, he’s obstinate like a mule and lower the arms when it feels that becomes frustrating and painful but when it is pushed, encourage’s him, it can move mountains, therefore I'm in a hurry really to see all that!
    This wouldn't Haylen be it future girlfriend of Sheldon? This season really starts very extremely!
    Thank you still for all news!

5. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

Now that was pretty cool. I left to eat dinner and come back to find that my comment about Flack and Danny has been completely debated upon with conclusions drawn and everything.:thumbsup::lol: Just so I'm clear about it, I don't think Flack would every willingly bail on Danny. They do have a strong friendship. However, Flack is the kind of person that doesn't accept help well for his own problems and I see him becoming sort of distant with everyone in order not to spill his issues all over others. I wonder what makes him freeze with the suspect...will she look like Jess, or is he losing his confidence in his ability to make the right call, or is it guilt over shooting the guy that killed Jess? It will be interesting to see what is making him hesitate.

I too am getting excited about S6. It has a lot of potential to be very good. I'm almost more excited about the character storylines than the cases because with the cases either they get the bad guys or they don't. Character storylines can go any number of directions and the outcomes are not as cut and dried. That isn't to say that the cases aren't exciting. Just the season opener will keep me on the edge of my seat. I'm ready for the season to start.

6. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

the other really good example of that side of hawkes was in yahrzeit when he had a go at danny for getting so easily provoked - i like that side of hawkes. like you guys say, if he wasn't so nice it'd come over as sanctimonious and be really irritating but hawkes is lovely so it doesn't!

7. CSI Cupcake

Good point LisaSimpson. Hawkes relates to Danny on a whole different level than Flack does. I'm not sure I can say this in a way that makes sense but Hawkes takes something that happened at work and makes it personal and takes it beyond work to a personal character issue. Most of what I see Flack do is deal with the issues at hand...she has your gun, trust the system, etc. There isn't as much in the relationship between Danny and Flack that challenges beyond the job. Does that make sense?

8. Top41

Well, sort of. I think Danny and Flack's friendship goes far beyond the job, but Flack is a very black-and white guy. When dealing with Danny, he's very much like, "Okay, how do I address this situation directly to make things better." He's very matter-of-fact. Here's a problem, let's solve it.

I think Hawkes doesn't coddle Danny the way Flack does. Flack is really protective of Danny in a way that Hawkes just isn't. Hawkes is buddy-buddy with Danny and I think they get along really well, but for the really deep, personal, emotional moments, Danny goes to Flack because Flack always goes out of his way to make Danny feel better or help him out. Hawkes doesn't really sugar-coat things. When Flack gets upset with Danny, it's usually because he's worried for him or afraid for him, but with Hawkes it's more in your face, "I think what you're doing is wrong" or "you need to think about this" and less, "I'm looking out for you, but you need to do this."

Hard to explain, and I'm not sure I'm doing it well, but it's definitely a very different dynamic.

9. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ i agree, i think danny & flack's friendship goes deeper than danny & hawkes - i think it's because danny & flack are both quite emotional characters who act a lot on impulse and therefore can support eachother emotionally during things they do, whereas hawkes always seems quite analytical, he's almost impassive, and seems to want to know all the facts and act on thought rather than emotion.

even when he had that huge row with mac over him knowing the victim (in murder sings the blues), he never really got emotional, he was very matter of fact, quite analytical and kept his cool - even though he yelled at mac, it wasn't an outright yelling, it was still quite controlled. i think (and this is just my pov) that if danny was in that situation he'd fly off the handle and get very angry, so everyone could see he was angry, and basically have a bit of a tantrum. if it was flack, although he'd realise mac was right and back off, he'd be pissed off about it and would seethe inwardly. hawkes didn't really do either, other than suggesting mac might be wrong, he just got on with it.

i think analytical and emotional types can be friends, but i think 2 emotional types would have a deeper bond.

10. Top41

^Absolutely. I think Eddie put it best when he said Danny was Flack's "id." Flack is much more in control of his emotions than Danny is, but he feels deeply, and I think much of the time he gets where Danny is coming from. He also knows what a mistake it would be to constantly get emotional and upset like Danny does, which is why he tries to help and protect Danny. He gets it--but he also can't imagine giving into those emotions for the most part because of what a mess it can make.

Hawkes is just different. I think he's more like Lindsay in that regard--he bottles it up and puts it away or just clocks it and gets past it (ok, Lindsay's not so much the second one ;) ). So Danny is kind of puzzling to him, and also frustrating at times. I'm sure his attitude towards this is "you're never going to walk again if you don't make the effort, so pick yourself up and make the effort and it will happen. Not overnight, but eventually."

11. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ i think lindsay is a different kind of bottler-up - she stews! hawkes really does seem to just deal with things, then put them behind him, whereas she gets all huffy. you're right about danny & flack, i think in some ways flack is like a more mature danny. i don't mean danny's not mature - he often is, but he does let rip a lot, whereas flack seems to be slightly more in control!

i think that will be exactly hawkes' attitude!!

12. Top41

Flack is a lot more in control than Danny. :lol: Danny has matured a bit, but he's still such a child in so many ways, so I'm sure this is going to be hard for him... and hard on those around him. I can definitely see him giving up initially because it's too hard for him.

13. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i think it'd be hard for anyone but yeah, definitely him - he's usually the most active of them, the one chasing people down alleys and stuff, so it will be tough. i assume that's exactly why they picked him to be the one it happened to - the fact he's newlywed and babied up just makes him even more of a prime target for the writers to do something nasty to him!

14. Top41

Ha, yeah, no one stays happy in a drama like that without some terrible tragedy happening! Danny's also the most emotional and vulnerable of the team, so it made sense in that regard. And I think he's the heart of the group--he really has an emotional, personal connection with each member of the team, so it's bound to affect everyone.

15. CSI Cupcake

Agree. Flack is very much a fix-it guy with Danny. Everyone needs a friend that can come in and help us see our way out of a situation and Flack is the clear-headed friend in times of trouble. Not to say that they don't enjoy friendship outside of the job, but within the context of what we have seen, he is usually riding to the rescue when Danny is in trouble.

True as well. Hawkes challenges Danny to see things differently and calls him on his reactions and behavior. He doesn't cater to him at all and lets him know when he is out of line.

You did fine. It is a very different dynamic and although I think Flack would do a great job of sympathizing with Danny's current situation, I can see Hawkes having a greater impact on him because Flack can't fix this one for him other than getting the bad guys that put him in the chair in the first place. I think Flack would be more apt to overlook Danny's frustration in sympathy but Hawkes would call him on it in order to help him grow through it and not hurt those around him.

I don't want to see Danny coddled and catered to. I want to see him mature and grow through this ordeal and Hawkes is a much better fit for that scenario than Flack, imo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.