Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Quench Your Thirst!'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

IDK if anyone has posted this yet so....

Ep 802 Hostile Takeover

The episode opens with Jesse Cordoza (Eddie Cibrian) entering the lab and approaching reception. He talks to receptionist Danielle who tells him that Horatio is out in the field but will be back soon. Jesse then hands Danielle his gun to put in lock up until he is officially part of the Miami Dade Crime Lab, then he will be able to carry it around the lab.

As they chat the elevator door to the lab opens and a smoke bomb of some kind is tossed into the lobby. Chaos insues and Jesse is momentarily stunned. When the fog clears, Matthew Sloan is standing there with a gun trained on him and Danielle....he has now taken them hostage and has partial control of the lab. Ryan, Natalia and Calleigh manage to get out of the lab with most of the staff....not truly realizing who Sloan has as hostages until they look over the lab's surveilance footage.

Matthew seems unstable...saying he will only speak with Horatio Caine and no one else and unless Stetler gets him there he is going to kill a hostage. He gets down to the count of 34 seconds before H grabs the phone and says hello. Matthew wants money and helicopter...he goes as far as to lie to H about who is he really is. He is off his psychiatric meds....in the end he wants his son back....he feels wronged and he wants H to prove it.

Eric, in my spoilers is no where to be seen....but if the writers are actually going for realistiness here...it would make sense that he is not back yet. The only mention, that I saw, of the premiere is Calleigh defending herself to Natalia that when she shot at Eric she had no idea it was Eric until it was too late....she reacted and thought it was a suspect...she did what she was trained to do. She also contends that Natalia, in her situation would have reacted and done the same thing b/c it is what they are all trained to do. Natalia doesn't seem so sure....however by the end of the ep, she seems to understand.

Interestingly enough, it seems that H welcomes Eddie Cibrian's character back to the lab as "CSI Cordoza" not just a cop....so who knows if he is going to be just a detective or if this character is also a CSI???? Not really sure on that. What we do know is that he worked with Horatio way back when before he transferred to L.A.

Stetler is definately in the ep....other recurring characters, I don't know about.

2. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

hmmmm... very interesting.
    When I was reading it I was asking myself the same thing...where's Eric? So yeah the writers are being realistic with this.
    The Calleigh/Natalia interaction is making me nervous. I can't wait to see how that's going to play out.

thanks Delkolover :bolian:

3. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Thanks delkolover!!!!! :)

I like how this episode is shaping up. I was hoping that Eric would still be recovering; maybe the writers did learn from their mistake and realized they should wait a little before bringing him back in. Not too much time though ;).

The Calleigh/Natalia thing I did not expect. I don't know how to feel about it. Sounds interesting but at the same time unnecesary. Plus I was hoping the team would bond more this season and stop having these types of differences. At least it says that she seems to understand in the end so lets hope that leads to a nice bonding scene between the girls :).

And Calleigh, Ryan, and Natalia will actually share a scene :eek:

New guy sounds interesting...

Yay Stetler!!!! So cool he is around!! :)

4. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Thanks for the updates delkolover, you are, as always my hero!

This sounds like its going to be interesting...I can't wait to see Calleigh defending herself to Natalia...it'll shape up to be a good one.

5. Megan930

Megan930 Rookie

Im not sure I like the scene with Natalia and Cal. Is she accusing Cal of shooting Eric on purpose? If she is then it seems out of character for me. Natalia needs more time on the show, hopefully it won't be to start fights with everyone.

6. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Mrs.DelkoWolfe Lab Technician

I can't wait to see this!! GO NATALIA!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::hugegrin:

7. Fanofcalleigh

Fanofcalleigh Witness

it's so awesome ... i cant wait for september .. the wait is tooo long !!!!

8. delkolover

I don't think that is what she was insinuating....I think she was trying to understand how if Cal saw him in the car she could still shoot at him. To which Cal explains that she didn't know he was in the car until after she fired and it was too late.

By the end of the ep though, from what I got from the spoilers is that Natalia, through the eps situations etc does come to an understanding of what Cal went through in the those moments and how hard it was for her to realize what she did.

The ep ends with the team, sans Eric from the looks of the spoilers but who really knows, at a bar welcoming Eddie Cibrian's character to the team. Ryan even jokes that the "new guy" always buys and Cibrian's character reminds him that he was around long before he was so technically he really isn't the "new guy" ;)

My only gripe is that it looks like Eddie C's character is in fact a CSI and not just a detective....that means yet another CSI. There are characters on this show that barely get next to no screen time and TPTB go and add another CSI? The show was crammed to begin with....so while the ep sounds interesting, I am really nervous about how they intend to handle all these characters with an even amount of screen time.

9. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Ok I am all for teambuilding, but you can't teambuild without Eric...please, please please tell me that Calleigh is NOT there...it would just seem wrong...
    Ok done venting.
    I am looking forward to Eddie's character...it'll be interesting to watch

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Ahhh! He finally has a name! And I *LOVE* the choice. Thank goodness they didn't give him some name that didn't fit. Jesse sounds like a perfect name for Eddie. :)

So new guy is gonna be a hostage. Interesting...

Thank goodness!

Stetler's in this ep? Yay! :)

Well, hopefully they learned from their mistake last time. They had him back at work in the ep right after he was clinically dead for 11 minutes or however long it was. :lol: That wasn't very realistic.

Although the fact that Eddie's character is going to be a CSI and Eric isn't there is making me a little nervous for Eric. :lol: Also the fact that both are Cuban. Maybe he's only filling in temporarily for Eric while he recovers and then when Eric returns, Jesse will go back to being a detective or something.

Thanks so much for the info, delkolover... and I'm with you on being nervous about how they'll balance screentime with a new player.

11. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Thanks delkolover!

Obviously they are going a different route and letting Eric heal this time around, which is a good and believable thing to do.

Although he is welcome, Eddie Cibrian is still the newbie in my book, so I hope they don't plan to give him more screen time than the others just because...

Anyway, there are a lot of "hints" leading people to think Adam isn't coming back, but I just think that #1 they wouldn't go a Speedle route and take him out of the first ep, and #2 he did confirm he was going to be back and Eddie was not a replacement for him. Maybe while he recuperates, Eddie (Jesse) will be filling in, but I doubt we have anything to worry about.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  12. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I hope so too,but I keep thinking of CSI(Vegas) and LF.The character Ray gets more air time than almost all the others together. There was a problem with the balance before Eddie was added and I doubt there will be a sudden improvement.There is going to be less air time for someone or a few someones.
    I'm looking forward to seeing Stetler again.
    Thanks for the episode info delkolover.

13. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I'm looking forward to Eddie's character. :)

I also like that we seemingly have a scene where the team is hanging out after work, though if Eric isn't there, it might cheapen things for me a bit. However I understand if they're keeping him in the hospital -- seems realistic considering what happened, which is a nice thing to see.

Agreed with what was said earlier though, the episode seems similar CSI:NY's 'Snow Day' and even elements of 'Hostage' from season 4. I'm interested to see what kind of spin Miami puts on this episode.

Great to hear that Stetler's in this one! I've missed him something wicked.

Thanks so much for the spoilers, delkolover and Marija_Magdalena!

14. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Ooooh, thanks sooo much Delkolover and thanks Greatfan for telling us in the Rick/DLS thread about Stetler!!!! This season is sounding soo exciting!!!

15. delkolover

^^ I totally agree. And who is to say that Eddie will even be a CSI? I simply wrote about what/how I read it and it was stated. He may have been a CSI when he was with H way back when but maybe when he transferred to L.A. he was strictly a cop and is returning strictly as a cop....H just refers to him as a CSI to make him feel at home and for commraderie. Who knows.

As said if Adam said or someone said that he won't be a replacement for Eric then I am not going to panic.

I still think screentime is going to be a b*tch and puposefully we are not seeing everything...knowing that the spoilers are so often leaked TPTB have got to be omitting things to keep some things a secret. And as someone said, the ending seems a little off for Miami so who knows if that ending is even the real ending! Again, going with the writers knowing that the spoilers are leaked, they could be toying with us....its not like they haven't done it before!!! lol

We will know more as more eps come out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.