Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by EricaSJ, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Re: Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

My sentiments exactly... besides, it makes perfect sense for Gil to move into Cath's place. She has more than enough room and we know that Gil loves the company. Besides, it's rather lonely in his town house and nothing's there 'cause Hank's already with Cath.

2. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Ok, I just had a random thought. After reading countless fics on the subject, I wonder if Catherine ever met Gil's mother. How do you all think his mother would feel about Cath? Would she constantly be on Gil about how a beautiful, smart woman is right under his nose and he should do something about it? Or, would she just not interfere and hope he comes to his senses without any help?

3. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Ooh, I never though about it... that's a good question though. I think Cath might have met her since she's known Gil for so long. I wonder what how the first meeting went though... it'd make for good fanfiction. I have a feeling that Gil's mom would like Cath.

I think maybe a bit of both... either way is pretty effective.

4. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I'm bumping this, because how could G and C be all the way down the bottom? And don't make that comment dirty.

Casting our minds back to Catherine's "I knew before you knew" - do you think there was a point where Catherine knew he was leaving?

And I know when I saw the wink that it meant "See you at home, honey," but did it mean anything different for anyone else??

5. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

I'm with you on this one Anne, I think that Cath knew before Gil did, I think she's known for a while, that he's been unhappy (maybe since Sara left?), but I guess it was after Warrick's death, that she really knew that he needed to leave, after Warrick's death he just seemed to be distant, and it was pretty obvious, that his heart was no longer in his job, that he just needed to get out of the lab and do something different with his life... I think that he just felt that something was missing, and that he wasn't going to get it back being stuck in the lab for the rest of his life, so he had to leave in order to clear his head, and get everything sorted out... Once this happens, hopefully he'll come back and tell Cath how he feels about her... :devil:

Haha, I agree, that look and wink just said "See you later honey." It was the perfect way for him to leave, he didn't say a proper goodbye to her because he didn't need to, he's still going to see her outside of the lab, therefore he didn't feel the need to have a goodbye with her like he did with the others. It summed up their relationship in one gesture... No words needed...

6. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

And that just proves again what I've always said about this couple - they don't need words with each other. They've always been good at expressing their feelings without saying a thing - they just KNOW.

7. Stepherweps

Yep, I totally agree with you Anne, they don't need any words to be able to tell one and other exactly what they're thinking or feeling, it's that amazing non verbal communication which makes them work so well together, and would make them an amazing couple. :adore: It's all in the little looks and touches which they give one and other... They just have such amazing chemistry... :adore:

8. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I think that saying 'actions speak louder than words' definately applies to Gil and Cath. Sometimes, a look or a touch got the point across better than had a word been spoken, as in that "later" wink....and I agree with Steph about the moment that she knew was around the time of Warrick's death. I think the reason she may have not called him on it sooner was because she knew he'd just close his self off and if he wanted to talk, he'd make the move first.

9. Stepherweps

I totally agree with all that you said 4_H. :D You're right, in their case, actions definitely do speak louder than words, we've seen that made apparent on many occasions... Especially with the wink in his last ep. ;) It was the perfect goodbye for them both, it wasn't a goodbye like with the other, because regardless of where either one of them are, they're still going to be in constant touch with the other. :adore: I also agree with your reason for her not pulling him, when she knew, like you said, she didn't want to push him over the edge, she knew that he'd come and talk to her about it when he was ready... Once again, it's all in the nature of their relationship. :D

10. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Here's an interesting question.

Who do you think would make the first move? Most people assume it would be Catherine, but would it? And how would said person make that move??

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think it could totally go either way. I'm not sure for Gil if something happening to Cath that put her in grave danger would cause him to confess his feelings or not. For Cath, it might be that she's not really aware of her feelings yet and it would take a certain type of case that involved people similiar to Grissom and/or herself before she'd realize and let him know.

12. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Gil would be the one to make the first move. I think in order for them to move forward with a relationship, he has to take the first step. Catherine obviously isn't the type that's going to wait around forever, but I think with someone like Gil, she realizes that things take time. She knows what she wants and it's just a matter of him coming to his senses and realizing what's been in front of him all this time. Once they look back on all the relationships they've had and see that what they have with each other is the only thing that's stayed and never failed, that's when it'll happen.

13. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Sorry to interrupt, but I thought you might like to see this behind the scenes pic for Marg and Billy.

You might have already seen it or it might have been posted already, if so I apologize. Either way enjoy it.

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

awwwww :adore: That's such a great pic! Thank you for posting!!!!!

As for who would make the first move I have to go with Gil also. I just think that Catherine knows him well enough to know that Gil needs his time with these types of things and that if she gives him that then he'll come around exactly when he is ready.

15. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Putting forth a scenario:

If Gil and Catherine had been married from the first episode, who do you think would have a bigger problem keeping their work/married life separate? Gil or Catherine? And why?

Man, they could have had some pretty amusing blowups about cases lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.