Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by EricaSJ, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

Re: Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

I might as well stop lurking in this section and start showing some PureJoy support, haha!

I agree that Gil and Cath totally balance each other out. I mean, who is Gil's right hand woman? Who did he go to when he needed help? Who did he support/back most of the time?

Plus they are just so darn sexy together.

And I'll vote for Sexing Up Sin City too!

2. CSIL3Willows

CSIL3Willows Prime Suspect

Hey guys. Sorry I've been neglecting this thread, been uber busy writing an AWESOME fanfic with my Twin (CathWillows10).

Totally with what's being said though. They balance each other perfectly - the yin/yang comment from 'Slaves of Las Vegas'(I think, sorry if I'm wrong lol) was a great example of that. Plus their unspoken communication is second to none. It always reminded me of the Mulder/Scully dynamic in 'The X-Files' IMO.

And, agreeing with K-Bug, they are incredibly hot together. I drool everytime I look at the poster of the two of them I have. Tis also the reasoning behind my decision to put said poster in the kitchen of my new flat lolz!

Also gonna go with 'Sexing Up Sin City' for the title of the new thread, just cuz it's true!

CSIL3Willows
    -x-

3. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Welcome K-Bug, it's always really nice to have new Purejoy fans. :D I'm Steph by the way. :adore:

I'm with you guys, Gil and Cath totally balance one and other out, they have such different personalities, Cath being an extrovert and Gil and introvert, they work so well together, where Gil is socially awkward, Cath is great with people... Just everything about their personalities makes them work so well together... They are just made for one and other... They also have such a great relationship with one and other that means they don't need words to communicate... They just make the perfect team. :adore:

As for sexing up sin city... Well that totally has my vote, it sums them up perfectly. :D

4. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

Hi Steph, thanks for the welcome! Call me Katie. =)

I love their nonverbal communication/how well they know each other. Like with 19 Down. Grissom thought that he caught Cath off guard when he announced he was leaving, but look at what she said. "I knew. I knew before you knew." And to me, Gil didn't look that shocked at her revelation. He kinda had a look that said "I shoulda know that Cath would figure it out..." If that doesn't say that they know each other, then what does?

The are perfect. :adore:

5. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

^I think that scene said so much about their relationship. I mean, I know there's been a lot of moments over the years, but there's just something about the 'I knew...' one. It just spoke volumes and sort of summed up just how deep their bond goes. Like you said, K-Bug, he didn't seem surprised that she knew because deep down he knew she'd be able to read him and figure it out....she always has. It's just the closeness that they share with one another. They really are perfect...for each other.;)

Welcome K-Bug.:)

6. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Oh don't get me started...that scene from 19 Down is my new favorite C/G scene at the moment. Every time I watch it, it just makes me melt with PureJoy. lol. I was so glad to see that scene because it showed that TPTB hadn't completely forgotten about the beautiful relationship between Cath and Gil. I just really wish that they hadn't neglected it for so many years.

So, do we need to set up a poll? Or has Sexing Up the Sin City already won? :lol:

7. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

I'm impartial to Gil shoving Catherine up against the car in Grissom vs. the Volcano to protect her from the gunfire. I don't know what it is, but my heart flutters every time I see that scene. The way he lays his hand on her shoulder as they roll the credits is so. Stinking. CUTE.

But 19 Down is so adorable too. I wonder how many takes it took them (well, Marg) to get through it just from the sheer emotion behind the words. lol But it is a beautifully played scene. <3

8. Stepherweps

Welcome Katie. :D I'm totally with you, the scene in Grissom Vs. The Volcano just oozes Purejoy hotness, we've always joked in here that they must have had a lot of fun shooting that scene, doing quite a few takes, just to be sure that it was totally perfect of course. :devil:

But yeah, like you guys have said, 19 Down is an amazing ep for Purejoy, when he tells her that he's leaving, and she tells him she "knew before he did" it just reignforces the depth of their relationship, they both know eachother better than they know themselves... :adore: Plus, their walk down the strip was adorable, it was just like the old days.

9. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I think it's already won.:lol:
    I'm thinking it probably took them a few cause in a few interviews I've seen with both Billy and Marg, both have said that she would just start crying during a scene, so I'm thinking that might have been one of the scenes.
    Well, you know what they say, practice makes perfect.;) I'd love to see the outtakes from that. Couldn't you just see her turning around right before he pushes her against the vehicle causing them to be face to face...inches apart?:drool::devil:

10. Stepherweps

I agree with you both Katie and 4_H, there is such emotion in 19 Down, it must have taken quite a few takes to get it perfect, through that scene, you can see, not only how close Gil and Cath are, but how close Billy and Marg are, the scene has such emotion, you can really see the depth of the relationship between both the characters and the actors.

Haha, now 4_H, if the outtakes were like that, now there's a scene that I'd be willing to pay to see... :devil: Those 2 are hot at the best of times, but a scene like that, oh my... *Would be needing a cold shower.*

As for Sexing Up Sin City... I think we're all agreed, I don't think there's any need for a poll when the time comes around. :D Erica, when you get the chance, would you be able to link me to some of your Purejoy art... I'd love to use one of your banners or icons on here if you don't mind. :D Thank yooou.

11. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

^Oh I agree, Steph. I think that line between characters/actors was definately crossed to a point. I loved it!:adore:

Ya know, that scene and the one from Formalities have that in common. He has her back, she has his and I don't mean just metaphorically speaking.:devil: I use to wish that they would've shot that scene with her fixing his tie from the front, but I just don't think it'd have the same effect. There's just something about her standing behind him with her arms around him. It's hot.:drool:

12. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

Ohmigosh yes! And her fingers just deftly working the bowtie, then lingering up around his collar...yep, I was dead. lol I liked it better with her doing it from behind, and just that size difference where she had to be on her toes looking over his shoulder....such love, love, love!

13. Stepherweps

Oh gosh, yeah, you guys are totally right... The scene from Formalities is awesome, :adore: and like you guys have said, I don't think it would have worked so well if it had been filmed from the front... It just looks so darn cute, with her standing behind him, on her tip toes, leaning over his shoulder tying up his tie... It's such an intimate gesture, it really does make them look like husband and wife... :adore: Definitely one of my all time favourite Purejoy moments. :adore:

14. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

That's another scene that I can't see them getting through easily when filming. I can just see the two of them just starting to crack up, or Billy hitting the one-liners on Marg...

They are love. And hot.

15. Stepherweps

:lol: I can totally imagine that Katie, I bet they had a lot of fun filming that scene too, seeing as they are such good friends in reality. :adore: Love your icon by the way, that was one hot kiss... Come on, look at the chemistry between them, and please explain why they never got together... It is definitely beyond me... :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.