Eric and Calleigh #36 - We're In This Together Now.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Apr 20, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Apr 25, 2009.
  1. We're In This Together Now

46 vote(s)
    73.0%
  2. We're Doing It And Doing It Well (Pending Mod Approval)

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. It's No Longer 'You' And 'Me', But 'Us'

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. Caution: Smoking Hot Chemistry Ahead...

7 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E/C Lover

E/C Lover Police Officer

Thanks Delkolover for the article I needed some E/C already:thumbsup:

I agree with everyone if they wanna go with Cal getting knocked up it sould seriously be done right. I wanna give an example not that I'm against CSI:NY but My opinion on Lindsay getting Pregnant just didn't make sense to me. I think it wasn't done right.But Anna was really pregnant so maybe they had to patch it up.
    But back on topic if they want to go one with that storyline it should be done right:) Now if Emily wants to get pregnant it's good for her and i'm happy for her.
    I'mm going in circles BottomLine : it should be done right:thumbsup:

2. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Let's sum this up:

1. We all love Eric and Calleigh and their relationship
    2. Most of us want them to get married and have a child
    3. We want it to be done right, either married then child/child then married
    4. AND we also want it different from New York/NCIS/Vegas.

Poor Emily. Imagin wanting to have a child and your job gets in the way, and the hardest part is having to tell the people you work for that you wanna get pregnant AND they'd have to tell you when to have sex.... That's kinda weird/embarrassing. Like: 'okay, so we're starting the season in september, and it'd be if you had sex on this date...':lol:

I don't care what happens as long as Emily gets her wish and Eric and Calleigh are still together, whether they have her having a baby or not.

3. das576

das576 Hit and Run

Agree with all of the above!! NY was like a bummer pregnancy, the way they wrote it and kind of like okay now we'll get together cause of the baby and his marriage proposal was LAME.

Calleigh and Eric are so in love so as long as the story line followed that attitude and the pregnancy was a happy and exciting event for them, it would be a good one.

4. Ayana

Ayana Hit and Run

Wow! I do not want the show to go this route at all it's way to similar to CSI:NY Dan and Lindsay way to similar. People have already been complaining about how much the storylines revolve around Calleigh this would be over the top. I dont thing I have enough faith in the writers to do a good job with this storyline too. I would maybe like to see Calleigh get pregnant towards the end of the show kinda closing it out. Isn't Caleigh like 35 she got some more years.

5. cara

cara Victim

Hello everyone! I'm back again. Finished going through S7. Thread #36! *glee*

Because I agree with everyone else who voted HALO as an E/C song, I share with you my wallpaper. This little critter didn't leave me in peace until I finally opened Photoshop. CLICK IT. SAVE IT. USE IT at 1280x800. They're good and yummy to look at. I PROMISE! (like you don't know that yet!)

On the possibility of pregnancy, I wouldn't want that in the immediate future. I'm just enjoying the fact that they're finally enjoying each other WAY TOO MUCH. Selfish ain't it?

6. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I am probably in the minority here, but I would love to see Eric & Calleigh have babies. Only because they would be so adorable.

I have faith (don't ask me why) that the writers will handle this better than they did on CSI: NY. Lemme explain:

Emily & Adam have amazing chemistry on & off screen. It shows in every interaction they have. I would see the writers going very carefully with this story line. Unlike Danny & Lindsay, Calleigh and Eric's relationship has the potential of being a great romance on TV. (sorry I am a romantic at heart)

IMO, the Danny & Lindsay baby story was very forced. I feel that Danny proposed & married Lindsay because he felt he had to do the right thing. I really hope that if the writers decide to incorporate Emily possible pregnancy into the storyline that they won't make Eric propose because he feels that he has to. Calleigh loves him and he loves Calleigh enough to know that even if they do not get married right away they will eventually. Not everything is as it used to be where marriage came first and then babies. (Though I sometimes wish I had done it that way, but that's my problem)

I would hope that we would at least get to see them having a private conversation of them trying to have a baby and not be an oops like it was when Danny & Lindsay got pregnant. We all know that Eric sees kids in his future and after his comment in CSI: My Nanny, Calleigh knows that she is that right girl for him.

All in all...bring on the babies....and let's hope that they do this story right.

Ok I've said my peace. Have a great night.

7. tamemyheart4692

tamemyheart4692 Hit and Run

Hmm...these would be my favorite songs...

All I Need by Mat Kearney
    I meant what I said when I said until my dying day/ I'm holding on to you, holding on to me/ Maybe its all gone black but your all I see/ You're all I see. I like this cuz it reminds me of Cal's kidnapping.

Collide by Howie Day
    The dawn is breaking/ a light shining through you're barely waking/ and I'm tangled up in you yummy scene from "Wolfe in sheep's clothing"

Every Season by Nichole Nordeman
    And everything that's new has bravely surfaced/ teaching us to breathe/ what was frozen through is newly purposed/ turning all things green./ so it is with you/and how you make me new/ with every season's change/ and so it will be/ as you are re-creating me/ Summer, autumn, winter, spring.
    this has to be the scene with the "I don't know what I would have done if something would have happened to you" or the wedding scene.

Falling Slowly by The Frames
    "I don't know you/ but I want you/ all the more for that." traditional Hiphuggers scene.

I Will Follow You Into The Dark by Death Cab for Cutie
    "Love of mine, someday you will die/ but I'll be close behind/ I'll follow you into the dark...The time for sleep is now/ It's nothing to cry about/ we'll hold each other soon/ In the blackest of rooms." Eric's shooting.

The Scientist by Coldplay
    "Come up to meet you, tell you I'm sorry/ you don't know how lovely you are/ I had to find you, tell you I need you/ tell you I set you apart."
    This reminds me of the finale. and hopefully the season premiere, with Eric apologizing.

Wonderwall by Oasis
    Because maybe/ you're gonna be the one who saves me/ and after all/ you're my wonderwall 7x16!!!!!

I have figured a solution to the dilemma of the "pregnancy//engagement" thing. okay=
    8x01
    Eric takes Calleigh to dinner (or makes it =D), to talk about what happened with sharova. She indicates that she has something important to tell him. After a brief pause, they state simultaneously:
    "Marry me?"
    "I'm pregnant."
    yay? or nay?

8. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

I'm not sure how I feel about it. Look, if Emily wants to get pregnant in real life, then good for her. I would just hate for it to be worked into the show like they did with Danny & Lindsay in NY. If they developed the Calleigh and Eric relationship a whole lot more and made it so it was more of a planned pregnancy than I'm all for it. Because how out of character would it be for Calleigh to just end up pregnant. Because they already did the pregnancy scare with Natalia because her and Eric weren't.. careful? It's just not like Calleigh at all. The writers would have to do it right, and I'm not sure I have enough faith in them to handle a situation like that correctly. But to be honest, If Emily wants to have a baby.. maybe she should take a break from the show. Don't get me wrong.. Calleigh is my favorite character, and I'd hate for Emily to not be on the show even for a little bit, but I think that it could effect the show in a negative way if this storyline happens. Maybe it's just me who feels this way but I guess we'll see what happens.

Thanks, delkolover, for the article.:)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  9. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I think it could be quite interesting to watch how she would handle this situation. Maybe they were talking about having babies in the future, but I'm not sure she's ready for it right now.
    But the most important thing is how the writers are planning to solve this. I definitely don't want to see her getting pregnant by accident, it would be just stupid and unreliable.
    It all depends on writers and their ideas how to do this to make it right and interesting to viewers. There are many possibilities, but I just ask don't do it the way it was done in csi ny, that definitely wouldn't be good for miami. E/C definitely are not D/L.
    If the story will be done in a good way then I personally would like to see them having a baby even in season 8 already. I think they would be wonderful parents. Besides Calleigh being pregnant should slow down a bit and that could mean more screen time for other characters. Her pregnancy wouldn't have to be the leitmotiv of the entire season, but just a small part of it.

10. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

well if she's pregnent she wont be able to jump out of any buildings....

but I think she wants her cherictor to be pregnent on the show, becouse she wants to be in real life, and if it happens for her, she wants them to write it into the script, so there not hiding her belly behind clip boards and stuff like that.

but I think they'd make good parents, Eric would be overly protective of her and the baby, she'd want to keep working and everone will be all 'no relax, we'll do it'.

but I don't know, it could work, or it could be really bad, it's all in the writers hands...

or she wont be pregnent till the season 9 finale...that would work...

11. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Calleigh being pregnant, hmmm... I must say I love the thought of EC babies, but it's so much easier to think about it and love it in the context of fanfiction. I agree with Delkolover (*runs and hugs her*) that I'm okay with it if it's done in a good way. You know, Emily isn't pregnant now, so who knows when she will be. Maybe writers could write them a scene, just in case, where they are talking about having children (somewhere in mid season 8) and than, if Emily gets pregnant, they can think if they want Cal to be pregnant, too or just hide her bump behind a desk. If they decide Calleigh to be pregnant, too, it won't seem all of a sudden if they showed EC having a conversation about it. Somehting simple, you know, like case involving a baby, and Calleigh and Eric are working together, they are processing a baby (like in that fantasitc fic) and Eric asks her: "So... Do you ever think about having a baby?" and Calleigh looks at him lovingly and says that she does. That way, if they eventually decide for Calleigh to be pregnant, they can make the storyline as if EC talked about it more at home and agreed to have a baby. Also, either they are gonna get married before she gets married, or after she gives birth, or not at all, becasue getting pregnant and than getting married while being bregnant is so cliche.

12. vickyhiphuggers

vickyhiphuggers Prime Suspect

I can't read the E! article but if Emily is pregnant or does get pregnant I would totally love EC to have kids, they would be so cute!! I could definitely imagine them looking like the little girl on season 5 finale (sorry I forgot her name), but I think it should be a planned pregnancy because if Eric and Calleigh weren't wanting to have babies they are both very responsable so I don't think she would just get pregnant but also unplanned pregnancies do happen doesn't mater how responsible they people are. Anyways I would love Calleigh to get pregnant and I wouldn't like them to just hide her bump behind a desk but we're just going to have to wait and see what happens!

13. calleighfan1

calleighfan1 Victim

okay, even tho i love the thought of c/e babies, i really really don't want it to happen like NY!! besides it's not calleigh to have an unplanned pregnancy. just not her. i think they should get married first!!! then kids. i would love for her to be pregnant but just not right now. eric and calleigh's relationship is just getting started.

14. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

I agree with this. Obviously, accidents happen, even to people who are careful, but I couldn't really see Calleigh with an unplanned pregnancy. I see her as someone who is rigid about taking birth control pills at the same time each day or using condoms every time, or whatever method(s) of birth control she chooses.

If she does become pregnant without meaning to, I actually hope that they won't rush to get her and Eric married. I think Calleigh might prefer to be married before having kids, but I would hate to see Miami follow in New York's footsteps and go "whoops! having a kid, gotta get 'em hitched ASAP!" Even if being married first was what she wanted, I think she's smart and independent enough to say "Ok, so we're having a kid, doesn't mean we need to get married quite yet. Let's just focus on getting through this pregnancy and adjusting to being parents before we even think about getting married."

15. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Aw hell, I'm sure Calleigh, if she's really intent on avoiding motherhood at this point, has an IUD, makes Eric use a condom every time, AND uses spermicidal lubricant. She is NOT getting pregnant with defenses like that.

So... I've been away for a while. I've been busy getting my kid potty trained and moving my sister's boyfriend into her townhouse and spending a lot more time with the few friends I have in the "real" world. Which means that I hadn't heard about a possible pregnancy for Emily Procter. I just read part of the eonline article and wow....... that would sure be an interesting twist for EC.

Like practically everyone is saying, GOOD GAWD, I hope we don't get another Danny/Lindsay storyline wherein they go "oh, well, so, we're knocked up... um...... guess that means we gotta sign us a marriage certificate, huh?"

I think silentdisco is absolutely correct - Calleigh would approach the issue in the manner described above. Eric may get a bit antsy about the baby-out-of-wedlock thing, being Catholic and all, but then again... he's been sleeping with her (and has previously slept with a LOT of women) outside of marriage, so I suppose he'll just have to roll with the punches if they DO get pregnant.

Anything else exciting happen while I've been gone? It's been, like, a month. Any big news (besides the possible pregnancy)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.