Eric and Calleigh #36 - We're In This Together Now.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Apr 20, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Apr 25, 2009.
  1. We're In This Together Now

46 vote(s)
    73.0%
  2. We're Doing It And Doing It Well (Pending Mod Approval)

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. It's No Longer 'You' And 'Me', But 'Us'

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. Caution: Smoking Hot Chemistry Ahead...

7 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I can already imagine them coming home to the baby after a long day's work. :adore: Eric could be cuddling the baby when Calleigh gets home and then he would have to go work on the night shift because he has told her that he would transfer.

I really do hope that they go on a planned route only because I do see Calleigh being responsible about getting pregnant and having a family. I would also probably see her freaking out about the possibility of being a good mother once her pregnancy progresses. I think because Emily has expressed her interest in becoming pregnant in her personal life that this will give the writers enough time to see whether or not they would be able to incorporate this into the season's storyline.

I would absolutely love to see Eric kiss Calleigh's belly though...cuz that would be so freakin adorable. :lol: I am a sucker for a man is who so excited about the impending birth of his child. I do see Eric being that guy who is overly protective of Calleigh.

Like CalleighEric said, maybe it won't be out of the blue. A case or some kind of medical emergency could scare Calleigh. Hell, even what has happened to Eric could make her realize that hey I love this man and I want to spend the rest of my life (whether or not they get married) with him and I want him to be the father of my children (which is funny cause I want him to be the father of my children too :lol:)

It'll be interesting to see how all of this plays out. I am looking forward to it.

2. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

Jennifer, I won't quote your post 'cause it's too long, but I'll for sure make my comment. You know, what you said makes sense, a lot of sense, but I feel like if Emily's opinion was the 'no' I think she'd say it, Emily is one of the most honest persons I've ever seen on television, and I think if she wanted to say 'no', she'd in her sweet way. I don't know, but I feel like she really wants to have a baby this year ;)

I'm gonna explain to you why I'm afraid id Calleigh gets really pregnant, you know Miami is famous about who 'they' kill, you know, Speed, Marisol ... I'm afraid that if Calleigh gets pregnant, after maybe four months, they just make something happen and kill the baby, Calleigh gets some weeks/months off to 'think about what happened', this means, Emily's pregnancy license, and everything comes to normal, like anything had happen. That's why I don't want Calleigh pregnant, and I don't know if this is the right time for Cal have a baby ...

3. CalleighEric

CalleighEric Police Officer

I agree. Although she may be getting pregnant in real life this year (possibly), the writers are going to have to think of a way and a really great and well thought out story line for this. It would change the show forever. People would know about it, the entire team would know, and the kid would be a big part of the show. I think that right now, they need to worry about just E/C as a relationship, not a child. Then, the writers will have to work something out if it does wind up happening.

4. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

Well though I don't know if it's the right time for Calleigh to get pregnant there's one thing I'm sure, the producers and the writers have enough time to think about that possibility. If as she said talked to them about it then they have plenty of time to think how to solve it if she really will get pregnant. So I believe they should be able to think up something what won't disappoint anyone. At least I hope so.:)

I understand that she thinks it's a good idea to write her possible pregnancy in to the show. It just creates many possibilities for her, I guess if she really get pregnant she might want to spent some time with her new born baby, so they can sent Calleigh to the maternity leave as well and like this they could explain her absence. They could show Calleigh in home with a baby once in a while, I don't think it would hurt anyone:). Especially if we get a chance to see Eric coming home to his family after a hard day at work;).

5. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

I agree! And I'm sure TPTB will find way to 'cover' Emily pregnancy, if that will really happen. I don't know, like she wants to take some weeks off or something, and OFC, we could see her in some episode, with Eric... You know what I mean :devil:

I said while ago in Emily's thread that I rather have a pregnant Cal than a couple of episodes without her, but now, I've to correct that, I rather have a couple of episodes with Cal than have a pregnant Cal. Heck, I don't know how to explain, it's just ...

You know, I feel like we can't NEVER say that 'it won't disappoint anyone' ;) Corey also said that about the season finale, and see what happened? Some people complain!
    Let's face it, there will be always someone who is gonna complain about something ;)

6. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

:guffaw::guffaw:You, me and Texmex would be the perfect writers of the spin -off show. I would love to see him comnig home to his family after a hard day at work. Or all three in the sofa watching a film and Eric smiling because he is so lucky. Or all of them taking a walk on the beach?
    Oh - lets do all the mushy stuff......:).

Back on the road....yeah - writting in the pregancy or the possibility of that would reinact the backstory of Calleighs childhood and/or Erics famlilybackdrop.

But as someone wrote it would be changing the show perhaps too much.

I am trying to think of other show that wrote children in the storyline between two mayorcharacters....In which shows of this genre did the childrenstoryline fit in????

Sometimes just the possiblity of children split up characters for good...

7. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Ajbuckly, I'm in...lets write it and send it off to CBS...or the Hallmark Channel. :lol:

I think that bringing a child into a procedural show is a tricky situation. It shows the personal side of the characters that we have grown to love and done right it should work without turning it into a soap opera.

I am sticking with the hope that if Emily does get pregnant that they will write it in instead of hiding her behind a large desk and then having her mysteriously transfer out of the crime lab because her & Eric have broken up and then have her mysteriously come back only after has gone after her and then they have gotten back together.

Alright so let me throw something out there, lets say that Calleigh does find out she is pregnant. What do you think her reaction would be? What would Eric's be?

8. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

If the show is written true to character, any Calleigh pregnancy will be a planned one. So, it's safe to say that both Cal and Eric will be very happy about it.

9. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

I really think Calleigh would be...not scared...(what's the word I'm looking for here?) at first, but be happy about it. I can see her holding a pregnancy test in her hand and covering her mouth with her other and and saying "oh my God". She'd definitely tell Eric first and he'd walk around her whole pregnancy with a big grin on his face. I just know that the minute she'd tell him, he'd wrap her up in his arms and kiss her.

10. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

I think Calleigh would be scared, nervous and maybe a little bit apprehensive in telling Eric at first. She may not know how he'll react, but I'm sure his reaction will be of surprise and happiness. I see them standing by a pier talking and her breaking the news to him...que in hug..que in kiss...or maybe her accidentally tripping and falling over something at a crime scene. She tries to protect herself/her stomach and Eric starts staring at her. She can't say anything because they're at a crime scene, but they lock eyes and he smiles at her. (a little fanfic :guffaw:)

He'll probably immediately ask her what he'll need to do to help her. I also think he'll be watching her every move, making sure she takes it easy and not hurt herself. She'll probably keep telling him she's fine and she can handle whatever she's doing.

Now, breaking the news to the team (because I'm sure they will already find out about their relationship), that's something I will want to see... Ryan's reaction will be the priceless one :lol:

Oh, July is just around the corner...can't wait for that first spoiler to pop up!!

11. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I think it all depends on one thing, if it'll be planned or not pregnancy. Because if it will be unplanned then I'm sure she'll be scared as hell and I don't know how she would tell Eric. I guess he too could be a bit uncertain at the beginning because of her.
    But if it'll be planned (and I hope it will) then I suppose even if she might be a bit anxious at first, I'm sure in the end she'll be happy that they are gonna have a baby. Maybe she could worry a little if she'll be able to be a good mother, but Eric certainly will ensure her she'll be wonderful. And I'm more then sure Eric would be in seventh heaven if she told him she's pregnant. We heard he's ready to start a family with her, he even said he wants to have children if he find the right girl and as we all know he found her;). So it's obvious he'll be extremly happy if she get pregnant, especially if they planned it first.:)
    Besides they after 30 so it's time for them to think of having baby. Especially Calleigh, let's face it, she's women, she's 35, so she doesn't have too much time if she really wants to have a baby.

I agree with you completly. I think that all three of us would be wonderful writers if it comes to writing an interesting storyline involving E/C stuff. Someone should notice our potential:lol:.

12. das576

das576 Hit and Run

13. das576

das576 Hit and Run

14. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

^Nah he won't be. He looks like he's gonna be a good character though. I bet he joins because he helped to find Eric or something. Well, the site says officer and CSI so he's probably not gonna be around much. Maybe he'll like Aaron Jasop (love that guy) that dies in the end of season 4. But anyway Calleigh and Eric are in a strong bond like sodium chloride and they're hard to break.

15. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

I don't think we have anything to worry about. They already did the love triangle with Jake, they won't repeat it with a new guy. Besides, there are other females in the show (granted not as interesting as Calleigh), like Valera and Natalia... Just STAY AWAY FROM E/C! :devil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.