The Fan Art Forum Guide - Rules/Tuts./Questions *updated 10-05

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by cofi_shot, Oct 1, 2006.

1. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Ermmmm, OK, that's a bit weird. Only one more thing I can think of: save your resized banner under a different name and try it again - s/t this helps :)
    If not - sorry, no clue...:confused:

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The second time, it had a different name cause when I cropped it and saved it in Animation shop, I added a two to the name. :lol:

I'm gonna try uploading to photo bucket then inserting the img code and see if that works. If that doesn't work then I give up. :lol:

Thanks for all your help. :)

ETA: Yay, it worked. :) Thanks again!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
  3. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I'm not really sure if this is the place to post this, but does anyone have any suggestions about where to find LJ layouts and/or headers and how they work? I'm definitely trying to find a CSI:LV-themed layout.

4. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

You can find some cool stuff here or here. And here's kinda of a tutorial how to change the layouts, add headers, etc... :) And also this, it's simplier.

hope it helps:)

5. GregNickRyanFan

I'm not really sure if this should go here or not, but I didn't know where else to put it.

I am wondering how to add custom backgrounds to a photobucket album (rather than using the ones the site provides). Can you use wallpaper sized ones or does it have to be smaller/bigger, etc?

6. happyharper13

You can use any size. You add them by going to the 'Share this Album' sidebar. Under there is the 'Themes' option. It should say 'edit' in parentheses after that. Click edit. Next, click 'customize theme'. You should now be at a page with a 'Background Image' on the side bar. Click 'choose' next to 'Background image'. A box will pop up and one of the tabs is 'choose your own image'. Go ahead and click that, and you can pick the image from there. GL and hope that helped :)

7. GregNickRyanFan

Thank you, happyharper. :) I will try that.

8. happyharper13

Is anyone else having trouble with LJ right now? Also, does anyone know of any good places for tutorials that aren't on LJ? I'm really frustrated because I finally have time to work on fanart and a working copy of Photoshop, and now I can't actually get to all of the tutorials I've been waiting to check out ;(

9. GregNickRyanFan

LJ is coming up for me. What browser are you using?

10. happyharper13

I recently switched my graphic stuff over to a different computer (a PC) from my laptop (a Mac). I didn't realize before what a difference it makes in how the graphics look. I'll make an icon on the PC that looks bright and vibrant and that looks bright and vibrant on my mom's computer monitor (computer also a desktop PC), but, once it's uploaded to Photobucket and I look at it on my Mac, it looks rather washed out, at least in comparison. Since two computers/monitors cause the icons to look one way, and my laptop causes them to look the other way, I'm thinking that whichever settings came as defaults with my Mac are probably not shared by the majority of computers, and, as a result, I should change the settings on my Mac so that I can see icons (and potentially make stuff there) in the same way that other icon makers and viewers would be seeing them. My laptop's default color display was Color LCD, which looks the most similar to Generic RGB. When I changed it to Adobe RGB, Apple RGP, sRGBIEC61966-2.1, among others, the icons looked the most similar to how they look on the aforementioned PCs. I don't want to be in a situation where I finagle my icons to look just so on my computer, but they look too bright or too dull to most viewers or voters.

So my question -- in general, which color settings (computer-wise) do you guys thing are best to work with? Which color settings are most often used by fanartists?

(x-posted on the icon_tutorials community @ LJ)

11. Hannah06_95

Hannah06_95 Police Officer

Im having trouble saving animations....i managed to save it in a GIF Image but the pictures is all pixely now! And also i can't upload them onto photobucket. (I am using Gimp and a very fussy vista laptop!) Help?!

Thanks in Advance!:)

EDIT: Ok have managed to work out how to save them! Only prob is image quality is awful, This is what it came out like when saved:
    [​IMG]

You can see orignal image in my banner! It is much better. Any ideas how to change that?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  12. GregNickRyanFan

Do you have an image shack account? If so, you could try uploading it to that. My animations on Animation Shop always turn out looking a bit grainy, but I've never had trouble uploading them to photobucket.

13. Hannah06_95

Hannah06_95 Police Officer

GNRF i think i must have edited at the same time you posted the reply! :lol: I did work out how to upload them onto photobucket just me lookin in the wrong folder for the pic! (blonde moment!) Still just trying to work out how to get rid of the grainy look...:confused:

14. GregNickRyanFan

It's a little grainy, but that's how my animations always turn out too with Animation Shop (see my banner below). It doesn't look that bad though. :) Glad you were able to upload it. :)

15. E/C Lover

E/C Lover Police Officer

hey can some one help me out
    hey do you know if photobie uses photoshop brushes? or any other brushes that are not photoshop or gimp?