The Great Ship Debate - CSI:Crime Scene Investigation

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by lament, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. electra

electra Pathologist

I like ships in almost every show except CSI.I just normally prefer to focus on the cases.The only pairing that could have worked is Catherine and Warrick.First ,the pairing would have been incredibly HOT and at the same time the characters are so complex that it may have been interesting to watch.

Sara is interesting on her own but she would bring doom and gloom to anyone.

And Cat would eat Greg alive for sure.:lol:

2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I
    As Grissom said to Catherine when mentioned putting straws up Greg Sander's nose, "He'd probably enjoy it." I paraphrase so feel free to correct me.:lol:

Greg just has the kink factor going for him. Didn't he refer to some bridesmaids' bossoms as 'four wonders of the world'. He could be a female Dr. Ruth without the German accent.

Which is why I could see him with Catherine as Lady Heather described her making a good 'dominatrix'. ;) I'm sure Greg would be her submissive.

And Riley, he'd have a blast, cause she's got the factor going as well.

And for that I can't see Riley and Catherine together because their both too dominant-it would be potential cat fight.

3. electra

electra Pathologist

Greg seems to me more like the funny type and not someone that can really get kinky.I just can't picture him.He is definely more mature now but no way in Catherine league.

I don't see anything romantic between Greg and Riley but their sense of humour is more similar.Catherine is like the boss and Riley a partner.

4. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I can see Greg falling in love with someone who doesn't work as a CSI - like maybe a kindergarten teacher or something.

I LOVED Sofia/Brass. I always thought those two would work really well together.

As for GC - the first episode I saw, I thought they were married *blush*

5. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

^^ I can totally see that. If anyone watches Private Practice, Greg reminds me of Dell in the sense that he has the potential to fall for the ones he can't have. I can see Greg falling for a paramedic or as Drum said, a teacher or nurse. Other than that, I can't see him with any other CSI except Riley and possibly Wendy. I can see Greg and Hodges fighting over Wendy! Fanfiction anyone?!

The Gil/Cath dynamic, whether it be friendship or otherwise, is undeniable in my opinion. Always playing off of the others strengths and being completely transparent. That is why I believe the relationship between G?C was a little more believable than GSR, simply becaus ethe attraction was immediate, IMO.

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yeah, but the two leading characters getting together would have been cliched. I certainly think Grissom and Catherine had a friendship that too me elevated anything GSR had. GSR was a nothing more than a ratings ploy to appease the very vocal minority who felt they put 'commitment' into 'constructively' creating storylines for their characters. While not all GSR fans were like this. There were some who were. Sadly. They wasted their time though, because the writers had already intended for them to get together long ago. It was going to go the direction it did. It was a given.

So while I agree with you 100 per cent. I think Cat and Grissom were better off as friends.

7. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I understand about the two leads getting together and how some people would see it as cliché, but couldn't they have kept them flirting and teasing? It came so natural for them. What I'm saying is that maybe they didn't have to get them in a relationship but they could've continued with their banter throughout the seasons letting the public know there's something there but not taking it much further than that (maybe getting them together in the series finale). Their relationship was really great just as it was. I'm a really strong grillow shipper and I would've been content just to keep seeing the great dynamic they had with each other. I hope that made sense...

8. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

That would be great to see a fight between Greg and Hodges;) In sixth season Greg went out with Wendy and her friend so it was some kind of signal about relationship (or friendship, whatever) between these two. I really like Wendy and I can see Greg with her in some way. They have a nice connection. Sadly they don't have too many scenes together. Shame 'cause they don't need to make Greg and Wendy together, it can be great friendship either.

9. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I think after all those years working together, the should have had the proverbial roll in the hay before Grissom left. You know. I'm leaving, but there's something I always wanted to do, kind of thing.

One of my all time favorite scenes between Catherine and Grissom was in "The case of the Cross Dressing Carp" when Catherine wheels the tub of fish by Grissom's office and he gets up to take a look. He says he'll process those from them (which we all know is the REAL reason Catherine walked by his office, she knew he'd want to do it) and she says: "Do I know how to turn you on, or what?" :guffaw: Yup, I think Catherine was the only one who really knew how to turn Grissom on! :thumbsup:

10. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I see what you mean. I enjoyed Gil and Cath, but again, it would be cliched. But one can dream, right?!

I'm anti-ship period. So I agree with them being better as friends. But then again I see that with almost everyone.

11. electra

electra Pathologist

Of all the pairings of CSI , either real or potential,I feel that Grissom and Catherine are the ones that know each other better.I liked how they complemented each other and knew what the other was thinking.She brings a different side of Grissom without changing him.But it was so good that I would have been afraid to ruin it .Yobling had more sexual tension but I can see that Cat and Gil could have been a great couple.

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Every one has their take on this, but Grissom didn't love Cath, nor her him, that would be the key he never said for fans to hear "I love you" or "lets get married" or "you make me happy" all of which he told Sara. I'm speaking of what the dialogue was on the show, and Cath always encouraged him with Sara ...they were co-workers/friends, nothing ever romantic. And on best friends, when he needed to confide in someone, it wasn't Cath, he went to Lady Heather , to talk about his deep feelings.. He choose who he wanted to be with, and hopefully down the line TPTB will bring in a love interest for Cath someone who will stay by her, and understand her.

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  13. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I don't think there's any doubt as to whether Grissom loved Catherine, and vice versa. They were best friends. They both worked on night shift, and Grissom in particular had very limited (if any) social interactions outside of work. His team was his family, and I'm quite confident that he loves all of them. Whether that love was in any way romantic is anyone's guess, but I can definitely see the potential for that to have happened, and I think they had excellent chemistry so that if they were in a relationship, it would have been very interesting to watch. Also, they both knew each other very well, which definitely helped.

14. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

^Agree 100%. You can't say they didn't love each other. As happy said, whether it was romantic or not is open for interpretation. Yes, we know GSR ended happily ever after. But whether they were right for each other or not is also something open for interpretaion.

Had Catherine not been as independent as she is, I could picture Gil and her together. The reason I use the word independent is because with alot of ships on many shows one or both parties lose their independence once they get together. I love Cath's character as is. IMO Sara's independence was gone once the paired her with Grissom. That was one of my major turn-offs towards the pairing.

Plus, had Gil and Catherine's relationship not been a classic cliche, then I could also see them together. Overall, the friendship and comaraderie between Cath and Gil was amazing and I would hate for a romantic relationship to ruin it.

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  15. electra

electra Pathologist

I agree that Grissom didn't love Catherine in the romantic way.But the friendship they shared was better then any other real or potential relationship IMO.

Kimbo,DITTO about Catherine independence.That is one of the reasons she is my favorite character and why I would be so afraid to see her in a relationship(even Yobling).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.