The Great Ship Debate - CSI:Crime Scene Investigation

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by lament, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I do think they'll be hooking Wendy and Hodges up before the season's over. It's just a feeling. I could be wrong though. But as for the CSIs, I doubt it.

2. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Yeah. In my opinion, it is the closest thing to canon as of right now, and the latest pictures of the sci-fi episode only further confirm my thoughts.

3. Crazy4Wedges

Crazy4Wedges Victim

Just wanted to add my two cents. LOL! That's probably what my opinion is worth too...LOL!

I love Wedges and think that they make a great couple. That being said, I have my fears about them becoming canon.

Now before you shoot me, let me explain.

Everytime I watch a show and the main characters have any kind of chemistry, it's great to watch and think about how it would play out. However, because everyone has their own idea of what the "perfect" scene would be, it's hard to please everyone. Sometimes, the idea of a couple being together is better than seeing it played out.

I'd hate for Wedges to go canon and then have TPTB screw it up. Which can be done. It can also be done great. It's hard to tell.

That's why for the most part I tend to stay away from shipping characters. It's just too heartbreaking to want the same thing week after week and never seeing it played out.

If it could be done tastefully, then I'm all for it. However, most of the time, it's way overblown and ends up leaving everyone ticked off and wondering why they did it the way they did.....

4. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Now see Nick and Catherine were suppose to be a couple and unlike, GSR, they were suppose to be a couple from the Pilot episode.

Having said that, I wouldn't wanted them to be a couple then and I wouldn't now.

Would Catnip ruin the show? Could be, but I could see Catnip way before I could see GSR. At least Nick and Catherine have chemistry together that way. Grissom and Sara have no chemistry as lovers, as co-workers yes, lovers no. IMO.

I think they should stay away from all ships with the main characters. Want them to be in a relationship, have someone outside the lab. They were planning on give Nick a love interest last season and she was going to be a social worker and that would've worked. See bits and pieces of it here and there. Like they did with Catherine's relationship.

Wendy and Hodges wouldn't bother me. Any relationship between the lab rats wouldn't bother because I don't think it would be shoved in our face. However, I could be wrong. Besides Wendy and Hodges would go against the grain of Hollywood. Having a beautiful woman with a not so drop dead gorgeous of a guy in a relationship could be interesting.

As for Greg and Riley, no relationship, but they are good together. They could become really close friends, flirt with each other, drive each other nuts. They have good chemistry together and since we don't have Warrick and Nick's friendship anymore, they should do some focus on a Greg and Riley friendship.

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yeah once they became canon, I couldn't stand to watch them together anymore. It just screamed "WRONG!"

I agree, but since TPTB were planning to hook Nick up with a 20 year old waitress, I really distrust them on the kind of person they would set him up with. I don't want another May-December romance on the show.

6. Jessica_Lynne

Jessica_Lynne Witness

IMO, I only see Nick and Cath being best friends at the most.
    Honestly, the ONLY person I can ever see Nick being with is Mandy.
    They just have this chemistry that I only think Mandy/Nick fans can truly get.
    I think to most other people, it's just flirting. -cough- MUCH more than flirting -cough-

On Cath's end, the only people I can see her with are Warrick or Grissom, more so being Warrick. If GSR hadn't become canon or so strongly canon at least, I can see Cath with Grissom, but now my heart is mainly on Yo!Bling.

:)

I have a rambling problem :D

7. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Of course Nick and Mandy :devil: Nobody is getting between them... Nick is Mandy's dude and Mandy is Nick's Dandy-Girl :) They belong together.

As for Cath... yeah Warrick would have been right for her.

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Oh yeah. I mean those two really crack me up. It's such a refreshing ship to watch and I'm not a romantic person by any means, but when I see Mandy and Nick they just scream "Cute!" They are so adorable because well, they both have big brown eyes, cute faces. They even talk alike.

Anyways, I should have put this in the appropriate thread, but stil I wish CSI or George would just allow this to be canon. It could just be simply little conversations about dinner.

I kind of miss that on CSI.

9. Jessica_Lynne

Jessica_Lynne Witness

I know. People say that romance would take away the real meaning of the show.
    Well, yeah it would if it is overdone.
    But it can also just be a background type of thing.
    For example...
    Nick could be going to get prints from Mandy and say something like 'How was dinner last night?' or 'I had fun last night.'

:)

10. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Personally, I can see Nick with Greg. Then again, I can pretty much see anyone with Greg, as it is entirely unfathomable to me how anyone could not be attracted to him :p Nick, Sara, Riley and Wendy, IMO, have had the best chemistry with him so far, so I see them all as potential Greg love interests and can see NG, Sandle, Hair Pullers and Simmers all as potential ships.

I definitely agree about Catherine though. I think she has good chemistry with just about everyone on the show except Nick. I can see her with Warrick, Grissom, Sara, Brass, Greg or Wendy, but not Nick. I know there have been studies showing that people tend to be more initially attracted to people who are more different (personality-wise) from them, but have much better long-term compatibility with people who are more similar, which is why I really can't see Catherine and Nick working at all. Their personalities seem to be polar opposites. I can maybe imagine them hooking up briefly after they met each other, but I definitely can't see them making it in the long run.

Yo!Bling is definitely my favorite Cath ship, hands down. If they could do the show over again, the thing I wish they would do differently is develop Warrick's character more and make Cath/Warrick the big canon ship of CSI. They made such an intriguing couple from the start of the series. Warrick was the complex almost-bad-boy maverick (pre-McCain/Palin-usage) and Cath was this amazingly strong but still complex woman (which, of course, she still is)... there was something about the idea of them -- two dynamic and intriguing characters with dark sides -- together that was just so interesting... and hot. Man, I wish Warrick wasn't dead :(

11. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I can see Greg with anyone BUT Nick. They are more like brothers from what I see. I don't see any of the looks that others have seen. When someone mentions them make googly eyes in the diner in For Gedda. I go and watch that scene and Nick is ACTUALLY looking at Catherine telling her 'she won't find turkey bacon' in this diner. Same with the scene in the restaurant when Nick was drinking a beer, he wasn't looking at Greg at all, he was looking towards Catherine when she said, "Ray got it right."

If anything, I can see more chemistry with Nick and Riley-even though I'd rather see Nick with Mandy. I could argue lots of chemistry with Nick and Riley in recalling some of the scenes they were in where they were both drinking beer from a bottle which is kind of cool for a gal to do, and then she invited him out for his birthday, and then they were sitting together eating fries. They work well together, the actors have a good chemistry together.

Oh yeah, those two had chemistry oozing out of their veins. I wish they had been the canon couple! They rocked!

12. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Well the relationship between Nick and Riley is kind of crazy... sometimes I think she is a real pain in the ass for Nick and then there are moments where I think look at them they're kind of cute...

I really can't see Nick with anyone of the team... Cath is more like an older sister to Nick and Riley well a younger sister maybe, but nothing more... and Greg??? More like a brother I totally agree with that one myfuturecsi :)

13. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Yeah Cath and Warrick had complete chemistry what a crying shame, and I'm sure she misses him everyday.. I would like to see before the series ends the writers finally hooking Catherine with someone that would stick with her, now that Warrick's gone:( and I think Nick and Greg need a girlfriend, they both would be happy campers and it would be sweet and wonderful to see them happy romantically.:p

14. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

If Nick or Greg get girlfriends, I don't think I want to actually see it on the show. I still really don't like the idea of canon romance on the show. I think TPTB proved with GSR that they really can't handle romances being official. My understanding was that the only reason that TPTB went with GSR was to provide WP and JF with potential exit arcs, and that, IMO, is a pretty lame reason for romance. I liked GSR as a ship before they became canon because there was just flirtation. CSI isn't a relationship/romance drama, so I don't think TPTB have the time or ability to really give a romantic angle the development necessary, and if they did, it would just distract from the show. Plus, leaving characters without canon love interests makes shipping equal opportunity. People can see characters in the relationships they want rather than ones being forced down their throats on the show. More than anything, I just think subtext is more fun. That said, I wouldn't want to see any couples (even the ones I like) become canon except for Cath and Warrick. I think that that's a relationship that really could have brought in viewers. Plus, as much as I think that Greg is the most attractive television character ever, I think Cath/Warrick would be the hottest couple, hands down.

15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I think GSR just took to long to come together and then it just felt awkward and hypocritcal.

No one needs to see any love scenes..although I think us Nick fans would love to see him get a little nakid.

Last edited: May 10, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.