The Great Ship Debate - CSI:Crime Scene Investigation

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by lament, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Dynamic between Greg and Riley is great and enjoying it with every ep but I don't see them as a couple. Maybe saying that they're relationship is like brother/sister is not a very good statement. Jokes which we heard are not only defined to be for people who are interested in each other but you can hear them between people who are a very good buddies. I see in this Greg and Riley - buddies. Riley is more like a girl with who Greg can go to the bar and drink beer.

Nick/Riley - I don't/can't see it. Nick likes Riley but more like a little sister - they can be good friends 'cause Riley is the type of the girl who can easily have fun with guys (no, I don't mean that fun:p) 'cause of watching football game. I don't know if Riley like likes stuff like that but that was saw, she's not a chick with who you're going on a date to fancy restaurant.

2. Kiane

Kiane Lab Technician

What I said about Greg and Riley as brother/sister, is exactly how I feel about them. He is too immature for Riley, just as he would have been too immature for Sara. He strikes me as a teenage boy in his mannerisms.

3. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Too immature? For Sara, yes, but I definitely think that he and Riley are at very similar maturity levels. I swear, every other thing out of her mouth reminds me of lab rat Greg. Which is why I think they're that much cuter together. She has a similar sense of humor and tendency toward dirty humor as Greg did before S7. Now that they've been working together, Riley's helped bring out that sense of humor that Greg seemed to have lost. He barely joked around in S7-8, but then Riley comes on and starts making jokes about the BDSM kink they find in an apartment, et al. Riley asking Greg if he's ever been tied up reminded me so much of how Greg acted toward Sara (and, to a degree, Nick and Cath) in earlier seasons. Except for this time, Greg's the slightly more mature one.

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Exactly, couldn't have said it better myself, happyharper. They are very similar. And Greg was all too serious when he became a CSI to the point where some Greg fans were wishing for labrat Greg back (not me because I like that he's matured, it's the natural order of things and all lol). He's been so serious especially since the events in "Fannysmackin'". Now since Riley's come in, she's brought back his funny side more. :) I like that a lot of our characters are young at heart, even Nicky and Hodges (mailbox baseball) have their "young at heart" moments. Its a lot more interesting that way.

5. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i think it would seem really forced if TPTB decided on CatNip to go canon. Nick's the only guy from the original cast left except Brass and 20 years younger Greggo, and it would look like the only reason for Cath and Nick to hook up. very out of the blue. Grissom and Sara at least had years of build-up. Nick and Cath had one deleted kissing scene in the Pilot, one show me the muscle scene, and one dancing scene in 9 years. not enough for anybody to remember that this ship has more basis than Cath and Greg, really.

but honestly, i don't really care that much anymore. *sigh* i need to make myself go on CBS.com and watch last night's ep sometime.

6. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

I never was into Catnip at all but your point Adzix is really good. I saw all the hints for them both and this ship has some basis but it'll be very forced and I hope no making canon couples we're going to see again. I'd rather all stay in subtext. That's the best way for this show and to be honest, making Cath and Nick a couple can destroy the show. No matter how much many people are complaining GSR took some years before showed up (yes, I saw in the first seasons chemistry between Sara and Grissom so making them canon wasn't for me surprise, only the fast way of showing it) but Catnip, no, I don't see it. I heart both characters but making them couple... nope.

7. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I have to agree, although I never saw any special tension between them, that it would look forced. It would be a repeat of GSR and no one wants that.

When Warrick was still around I loved for him to get together with Cath. Now that was tension between them :luvlove:. Too bad the writers didn't go down that road.

As for Wendy and Hodges. I just don't see it, well, I do and I know what the writers want me to think but I don't want her to be with him. Let's face it he's a bit too manipulative when it comes to Wendy and I don't like that. It's like he doesn't want her to develop at all, but that's just me.

Since I haven't seen any S9 episodes yet, I can't really comment on Riley or Ray.

8. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

I totally agree with you, love fan. Just like you I know that writers are making us think that Hodges will be with Wendy, they worked with chemistry between them but still I can't see them together, I don't want to. Wendy is beautiful, intelligent, very warm person and Hodges... he's so different than her. I don't want to tell that he doesn't deserve Wendy (maybe a bit), they surely can have subjects to discuss, similiar interests etc. but their characters... Wendy is more social, Hodges is not always good with other people and he can be not able to express his feelings in a way which would be clear (and kind) for Wendy.

9. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I'm not sure whether I want Wendy and Hodges together, but it would be something you rarely see on TV and that is a beautiful woman falling love with a not so hot guy. Know what I mean? Usually, the beautiful woman and beautiful guy get together.

10. GregNickRyanFan

Well, it happened on numbers with Megan and Larry. :lol: But, that's the last time I remembered it... unless you count sitcoms. :lol: As cute as I thought some of Wendy/Hodges' scenes together were, I still think Archie/Wendy would be cute. They'd have a cute shipper name too: Arwen (like the LOTR character). I'm willing to bet one of them if not both of them are in to LOTR. :lol:

11. Fighter

Fighter Lab Technician

One of the reasons I adore Numb3rs is because they went outside the box and created such an impossible pairing :lol: IMO it was very sweet :adore:

I agree it would be nice to see a beautiful girl and not-so-handsome guy together, nice break from all these stunning couples on TV but I’m not really sure about Hodges… I don’t dislike him but I’m afraid he may be too possessive when it comes to Wendy... It’s just my impression, though, probably based on how he treated Grissom :lol:

Arwen?? I didn’t know there’s a name for Archie and Wendy but it’s very cute :) I can definitely see them together

Catnip – no,no,no :lol: I love both characters but IMO it would be too unexpected and strange if they ended up together. They sure care for each other, but I don’t think there has ever been any special chemistry between those two, I've always had an impression that Cath and Warrick would end up together (and after what Cath said in For Warrick, I think they did) so any relationship between Cath and Nick would seem forced to me right now.

12. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I agree. Archie and Wendy would be adorable together. One of the things that was supposedly a hint that Wendy and Hodges belonged together was their mutual love of Star Trek, but people (and apparently TPTB) forget that Archie was CSI's original Trekkie. (I know most of the NG shippers on here probably remember the conversation following 'I thought we had a relationship,' where Nick has Archie prove his trekkie-creds.) Archie is the guy that you just can't hate (unlike Hodges). I would also say that he has significantly more social skills than Hodges does.

13. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Eh. I know my avatar and location suggest otherwise, but I wouldn't really want Wendy and Hodges together, I just like them flirting. Especially because Hodges is such an epic failure at it most of the time. :lol: Plus, Wendy seems to be the only one that has ever really succeeded in getting Hodges to shut his mouth (Lab Rats), and that's always a good thing. :D

Megan and Larry! Hee. I miss them. (Well, her, but I miss them together. It was so awkward that it was hilarious. And yet cute.)

14. CareBare

CareBare Victim

My main pairing has to be Nick/Greg. They have so much chemistry and can say so much without even speaking. Every scene with those two together is just electric.

Greg/Sara I think is cute but I much prefer the idea of them being really close as friends. I think it means a lot to both of them, despite Gregs crush.

Greg/Catherine I quite like the idea of as I can see a bit of flirtation now. I think Catherine sees Greg as a man rather than a kid now, and i think she's noticing him more. Plus the older woman/younger man thing is kinda hot.

However, any pairing with Greg that isn't Nick tends to make me pine after a while.

I also appreciate Grissom/Sara as I think most people do, and I thought the last scene with them was just beautiful. It made Grissom leaving a little easier to deal with.

Catherine/Warrick makes me very sad. They would have been perfect together.

And i dont know about anyone else, but i would love to see Brass happy with someone. I adore that man :)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  15. GregNickRyanFan

^ Yeah, I agree about Brass. I liked the idea of him with Sofia. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.