Grade 'Greater Good'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 6, 2009.

?

How would you grade Greater Good?

1. A+

22 vote(s)
    27.2%
  2. A

18 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. A-

9 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. B+

10 vote(s)
    12.3%
  5. B

6 vote(s)
    7.4%
  6. B-

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  7. C+

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
  8. C

7 vote(s)
    8.6%
  9. C-

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  12. D-

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

And Flack would endure fighting with his now non-existent brothers in order to have some of his Mom's corn beef hash.

2. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

Actually we do. When Danny was on his 'we're going to have a boy' naming mission he told Stella that his mom had two boys and Lindsay's mom had three boys. I'm assuming from that comment that Lindsay is the only girl in her family.

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Adam is brave in the face of danger! :lol: Interesting observation about him being nervous when Lindsay approached that one time he was talking to Danny in the hall. I agree that he's not entirely comfortable around her, and she definitely doesn't give him reason to be. Those two clash--it would be interesting to see that played up a bit. Like maybe Lindsay and Adam have to investigate a case together?

I noticed the lab coat too and wondered about that. And yes, how Danny spent his two week suspension. I assume he joined her out in Montana, but I guess we could find out next season that he's meeting her parents for the first time. So...maybe Danny actually spent those two weeks home on the couch. :lol:

That was very cute. Nervous Danny definitely makes me smile, and there was something so great about his delivery of the line "She knows it" when talking about how huge Lindsay had gotten. Like he'd had much misery over that or something. That really cracked me up. :lol:

It makes sense for the most part. You know Flack will be the uncle who's over every week to spoil her and watch TV with her dad. :lol:

Well, you guys would know! :lol: I know I'd be screaming, lol.

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

That statement could have meant that Danny's mom had two boys and Danny's maternal grandmother had three boys. At least that's how I took it. :confused:

5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I took it the same way JellyBelly did, but after reading over here I can easily see how it was taken the other way, and that may in fact be correct. Hopefully somewhere down the road we'll get clarification.

6. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

Ahh, I hadn't thought of it like that. Danny did say 'my mom had two boys, her mom had three' so it could have meant his maternal grandmother. But, I read it on the back of Stella's 'you and Lindsay may have a girl' as him referring to his mom and Lindsay's mom. Maybe we'll never know. :)

7. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

haha i would have put A LOT in the divorce pool. :guffaw:
    And i was wondering how danny actually got to spend time with his wife when he was supposed to be suspended yet he was at work.
    Is it just me or does anyone else feel it is common curtosy to maybe pick up your 8 month pregnant wife from the airport or was he just going to let her struggle home alone?
    The birth scene was incredibly cringe worthy dont ever want to see that again!
    all in all the episode was not bad i kind of wish mac had just left the case alone but then again this is mac!:lol:

8. Mynerva24

Mynerva24 Witness

It's a plain B for me. *shrug* Reasons? Most of them have been posted here. The baby-related scenes are big part of my disappointment.

9. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

I also thought Danny meant that his mum had two boys and his gran had three boys. Though his argument was illogical, as his gran clearly had a daughter, or did his mum have a sex change.

I didn't assume that Lindsay meant that she'd come into work straight from the airport, but that it was her first day back at work since she had been to Montana. The little trolley, I assumed was her hospital bag, though I've never known anyone bring theirs to work with them.

10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I didn't even think about the grandmother having a daughter. *facepalm* Now that part makes me think Danny was talking about Lindsay's mom, although she clearly had a girl, too. Danny, Danny, Danny. Please to be making some sense when you talk. :rolleyes: :lol:

11. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

I wasn't going to pick at this but fm62 you raise a good point to pick at because this entire scene is a trainwreck. She comes into the scene in a labcoat, which implies that she has been at work for a bit, tells Adam her water just broke, and then waddles out with a red bag rolling along behind her. Maybe her water broke at work and she's wearing the labcoat to cover up the evidence. But if she was already at work, it would stand to reason that she would know where Danny, Mac and Stella were at, so that doesn't work. The red bag could be a bag she packed to keep at the lab, but why is it sitting there in the hallway instead of in her locker. And if she just got back from Montana and Danny is working what did happen to his two weeks with his new wife. So many missing pieces of track on this one. I wish they had done it a bit differently, but then I don't even imagine to be a writer so I will suspend disbelief and enjoy it for the entertainment that it was.

12. newyorklover

newyorklover Victim

I gave it a solid B+.

I thought this episode was a bit boring until it got to the last 15 minutes, now i'm not a big fan of DL nor of this whole baby business, but I have to admit that even I let out a little 'awh' with the last scene and I really thought that Anna did well portraying the child birth, it was probably the best acting i've ever seen her do! I felt uncomfortable, however, with Danny's portrayal of the loving husband and father. The high-pitched voice (which I couldn't help but laugh at whilst I was watching), the 'hold on, I dont want to miss this. I love you, love you' (obviously knows nothing about childbirth. I thought he was a scientist?) and the idiotic question of why she wasn't answering, durrr, she's not exactly waiting by her phone.

I'm not the type of person who is angered by DL, but I think that its plain to see that they are trying to make the best of the situation thats been given to them, and I think that being a mother might add the strong element to Lindsay's character which she so desperately needs, TPTB have yet to decide how Lindsay should be and this just might be perfect opporunity. The danger is that they just make her a 'mother and a wife', and Lindsay turns up to work moaning about Danny's dirty laundry or that he never wakes up to do the 3 o'clock feed which will get irritating.

I loved Flack's phonecall to Danny, that just made the episode, I feel like we've been denied any bromance between these two in a while, it was nice to see that he actually cares about his 'Danno'.

The case seemed flat, and I guessed who was driving the car pretty early on in the episode and i'm getting very tired of the righteous Mac routine, we all know that he's CSI:New York's version of superman, but, which has already been picked upon, he's getting slightly hypocritical. It was nice to see a more human side to him when he was named the godfather.

During the last scene, all I kept thinking about was who was working in the crime lab whilst everyone was crowded round Lindsay's bed, surely they weren't all given the day off to see this 'momentous' occasion.

By the way, my bet's on Lydia. And is she going to be Lydia Messer, Lydia Munroe, or Lydia Munroe Messer? 'cos that's a lot of M's.

13. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

Danny reminds me of one of those folk who when they're telling you a story, they're just making it up in their heads. That's why I love when it's Stella he's talking to, her look tells you she is thinking the same.

This show was less confusing before I joined here. It made sense because I interpreted what was happening, as it was going along. Now I come on here and see what others thought of the same scenes, then get confused. Though now watching the show, i'm thinking, oh the shipper folks will like that bit, the slasher folks will like that bit. Gives me something to do, as I guess the script in about 8 minutes.

14. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

:lol::lol::lol: I do the same thing. This was a much easier show to watch before I started hanging out here but this is fun too so even if someone sees something differently, I can turn the computer off and believe what I want to. That's why I don't argue too much with people.

15. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

It was a lot better than i expected i wil say that about the episode.

I suppose part of me was expecting a soap fest and it was done well. There was enough there to make it part of the story (Sam in Without A Trace birth was also done really well) Although I did think it lacked in us seeing any DL together I was expecting a kind of almost pep talk from him to her sort of thing but we didn't really see anything.

I loved the interaction with the rest of the team tho shows how much of a family they really are and how important it is.

The case was OK it wasn't amazing but it didnt get my attention straight away i was lot easier distracted. I liked the way it was filmed tho i thought it was done really well so we could diferenciate between the 2 and the going backwards I always love when they do that.

I have learnt tho to ignore a lot of Mac's wise words, it was amusing at them all commenting on his day off like making dig it should be more often. Its nice though to kind of see a bit more of Mac now than we have before being a tad more open.

It was overall done well, it coudl have been a lot worse and the godfather touch was sweet.