Eric and Calleigh #36 - We're In This Together Now.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Apr 20, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Apr 25, 2009.
  1. We're In This Together Now

46 vote(s)
    73.0%
  2. We're Doing It And Doing It Well (Pending Mod Approval)

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. It's No Longer 'You' And 'Me', But 'Us'

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. Caution: Smoking Hot Chemistry Ahead...

7 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Ahh!!! I can't believe my curiosity got the best of me for to read this!! I guess its what spoilers are all about :lol:

I have an hour and half to go, so I can't wait to see this scene. Now that I've read the spoiler, I'm so excited to see Calleigh make Eric all warm and fuzzy inside. Maybe we see Eric give us the "Wait til we get home ;)" look. :adore:

2. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Well Eric does admit that he would love for Calleigh to continue but that they had work to do.

3. Fanofcalleigh

Fanofcalleigh Witness

The scenes was so CUTTEE!!!! Why didnt we have a much longer scenes and a kiss lol ... Calleigh was so cute and Eric was like stop before i lose my mind and forget about the case lol:adore::adore:

4. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Aww...my shipper heart soared tonight. Have I mentioned lately how much I love these two.

I loved it when Eric told her that after all these years that she still manages to surprise him. And then he's like wait, you used to watch the show, why did you stop and she tells him that the reason for her distraction is that he is really cute (I think that's what she said, but that could have been my wishful thinking) he's tall and he is wearing a white shirt. Be still my little shipper heart, they are too cute.

Nothing about them next week, but Eric said boom.

5. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I absolutely loved their scene :D It was sooo cute and exactly the lighthearted scene Corey said it would be. I too loved the fact that Eric mentioned that after all these years she still manages to surprise him...b/c did you actually think Cal of all people watched a show like that? Well, she does apparently like tabloid magazines so...

Cal said she stopped watching the show b/c she has this "diversion..." Was I the only one who thought there was some double meaning there? I mean these two say things to and about each other w/o actually saying what they mean. ie: "girls like flowers."

I really got the feeling she was trying to tell him that she didn't need to watch a show about "findng mister right" b/c she thinks she may have already found him ;) Although, she could have just been saying that she doesn't have time to watch tv b/c they are so busy....:devil: :lol:

But I like my first idea better ;)

6. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

I loved the episode. It was funny and even though I don't normally like Natalia, she was the best part of the episode. The EC moment was kind of really adorable.. Flirty Calleigh is so cute. Her and Eric are perfect. Anyway, I sort of hoped for more moments between them but what we got was great.. I guess we don't want too much EC because there is a such thing as overkill and the writers don't need to over do it.

No Eric or Calleigh in the promo for next weeks episode.. but that's alright.. the episode itself looks pretty exciting.

7. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

delkolover, I like the way you think.
    I guess I was too busy grinning like an idiot to pick up the double meaning in that little scene. Maybe its both :devil::lol:I don't blame her for being distracted one bit, I would totally be distracted if I had someone like him at home. Aww..Eric watches ESPN, I wonder if Calleigh watches with him. :lol:

8. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

For the non-American's who can't see the episode...

The scene is where Eric and Calleigh go to the place where the limos were waiting to take the 2 women to The Marrying Kind finale. They get out of the Hummer and meet at the front of the vehicle, Eric on the left, Calleigh on the right. Eric says something about feeling as if he's in a foreign land and not speaking the language since he doesn't understand the fascination with the tv show. Calleigh says "Its a girl thing". Eric looks at her and says "What, you watch it?" Calleigh is moving hair out of her eyes and says "Maybe" and then "Well, I used to." Eric laughs and says "All these years and you still manage to surprise me" and she says "I'd like to think thats possible."

At this point they are walking forward and looking at the ground for evidence. Eric looks back at Calleigh and says "Wait a minute, you said you used to watch it. Why did you stop?" Calleigh turns toward him and says "Well, I got this new diversion. Um, he's really cute. (she takes a step toward him, raises her hand to just over his head, not touching him) He's about this tall. (brings her hand down in front of his shirt, still not touching him) He's wearing a white shirt." When she says he's this tall, he murmurs "Mmmm" and does it again when she makes the white shirt comment. When she finishes he chuckles and says "As much as I'd like you to continue, take a look... we've got..." and he shows her the tire treads.

Calleigh kneels down by a busted electronic thing. They're discussing the tire treads, wheel base, etc. Calleigh asks Eric "What do you think this is?" (the electronic thing). Eric walks over to her, looks down, gives her that Eric Delko Smirk and says "In the death business, we call that a great start." Calleigh just gives him that cute smile she gives him when he says something witty.

Really nice scene.

9. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I didn't know what the scene was exactly going to be about but that was the FIRST thing that popped into my head :D Again, maybe I am projecting or looking too "deep" into the scene and the reason could literally be what she said it was and intended to sound exactly how it sounded but c'mon, with this show almost EVERYTHING has a double or hidden meaning :lol:

Hmm...maybe she does watch ESPN with her man ;) I can picture Cal to be into sports. She seems like the rough and tough type of woman to enjoy football....she plays with guns and sooo does not look like the type of woman to be into guns so I would not be surprised if she were into a sport like football or something. Although, something tells me in their spare time, these two don't watch alot of tv :devil:

It is also nice to know that we don't know everything about the characters...all the little nuances. Did anyone think that Valera of all people was into books and not tv?? Not me. Also like the fact that while E/C knows alot about eachother, they don't know everything about each other. Nice to know that even after being friends for years there are little things about eachother, like tonight, that they can say that makes the other look at them in a new light and genuinely learn something about the other. Just b/c you are best friends with someone doesn't mean you know every little detail about them; everyone has little things they keep secret...but it is the little personality traits or choices (such as her liking a cheesy reality show) that made that scene soo cute.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  10. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I am going to have to rewatch the scene like a million times tomorrow to pick up on the meaning. But you are right delkolover, when it comes to them almost everything has a double meaning.

Oh yeah, I can see them cuddling up on the couch while he is watching Sportscenter. That would be too cute. ;) I don't know for some reason I think that Eric would be a basketball type of guy, but either way I can see Calleigh watching sports with him. It would be yet another surprise for him about her. She is the perfect, all american girl. :lol:

11. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

First off, what a sexy couple!!:drool: :thumbsup: Eric was practically screaming out of that shirt :drool: and Calleigh looked so pretty in red!!

I thought their scene tonight was so cute. His little comment about surprising him was a light-hearted one. The cutest part was Calleigh telling him why she doesn't watch the show anymore. He loved every moment of it and so did she. I couldn't help saying to the screen "Calleigh, don't fake rubbing those abs, they're yours girl, DO IT! No one's watching :)" (except for the Russian mob :shifty:). The scene was a pleasant one in my book. It shows they are still having fun and really genuinely care for each other. And yes....she's VERY busy....hmm :)

I can't get over the fact that they're actually together now. They have these little scenes that sore my shipper heart even more. I'm so happy they've finally made it!! I just want to enjoy these moments before all the chaos begins. Not looking forward to that...:(

BTW, Kyle catching Tara taking that pill was so out of left field. I thought Ryan would catch her first, but Kyle's got a good eye. He's not Super H's son for nothing. :thumbsup: Speaking of Super H, he's always saving the day at the end of this show. I actually liked this rescue this time...

12. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Agreed.. they seriously don't seem like the type of couple that watches tv very much. While they were talking during they're cute scene and she mentioned that she has a new distraction (or 'diversion', as Calleigh actually said, whatever) and that's why she doesn't watch that show (and probably tv altogether) anymore.. I was just thinking.. yeah, I wonder how he distracts you..:devil:.

13. JackieG0630

JackieG0630 Dead on Arrival

Re: Eric and Calleigh #36

First off...Cara...those collages were gorgeous! I can't wait to see what else you come up with! If you need any help finding pictures or need any inspiration, don't hesitate to ask!

Second...I'm such a weakling!! I saw the spoilers about the scene and I cracked! I DVR the episodes so I can FF through the commercials and I still couldn't wait to find out about the scene! LOL

Oh well! I can't wait to actually go watch it now...and then do this :drool: as I
    contemplate how Eric might be a diversion for Calleigh from the TV.

PS- I also have my next "moment" for my fanfic...so thanks to those of you who mentioned ESPN!

HipHugger Kisses! :-*

14. Hounds of Love

Hounds of Love Prime Suspect

What a cute scene we got tonight, thanks Corey! Loved the whole Eric being surprised that Cal watches reality TV (or used to) until Mr. Diversion came along with his 6 pack. They're so darn lovable together, I'm not surprised that she's into those shows as delkolover mentioned earlier, I too recall her reading tabloid magazines from S2 & 5 but I was thrown a loop there with Valera not into TV but old books (watch out Valera, the toxic lead will kill ya) :confused:. For sure, I would think Nat, Cal and Val watches shows like that on a girl's night out or something.

Eric's sexy smirk made an appearance again as Cal was physically describing him, he was nodding like "Yup, keep going, tell me what I already know darling!". I noticed Cal's voice went all high and girly as she was talking about him, she looked so in love, happy and relaxed! I agree with you VirGodess, I too was like screaming at the TV "Girl, you don't have to pretend, what's stopping you from putting your hands all over your man, he's so yummy!". Damn, her hand stopped short at his waist :lol: I was disappointed when Eric interrupted her and switched the focus back to the crime scene - aw, come on Eric, let her gush about you, obviously she enjoys doing it as much as you love listening to it!

Eric did look sexy tonight, I must say, though it was a simple ensemble, his outfit looked really good on him, and for once he had a shirt that complimented his form without making me puke.

There was also another short E/C scene that I liked as they went back to the hotel room to question the victim's roommates to find out who slashed the victim's clothing. I thought they made a great team - professional, take no-nonsense approach, loved Cal's snappy comebacks in that scene. Hey, if one of them were to flirt with Eric, I'm sure Cal would end it so quickly by interrupting them with some incriminating evidence she found on the spot that they wouldn't know what just had hit them :lol:

I hope we get another similar E/C scene before the season's end, I have a big smile on my face now about tonight's!

Overall, I thought it was a nice change of direction with CSI Miami, less serious/drama, more humour and there were a few little tidbits we learned about some characters tonight!

15. luvcsimiami

luvcsimiami Hit and Run

Re: Eric and Calleigh #36

Hello All,

I have been gone for a little bit and had made up my mind not to post again but alas this topic is just too good to pass up and I had to add my two cents even if they are a little late. :)

Agree with those that didn't like the Jake storyline. That was pretty out of the blue and annoying to me. Actually it pissed me off to the point that I seriously disliked Calleigh in Season 6. She knew what Jake was all about and still went there.

I do think it's interesting that someone mentioned Eric not responding in Head Case but who could blame him? Think about it, he was throwing all kinds of hints when Jake got hurt in Born to Kill and last he knew C didn't know how she felt about Jake or so she said. By the end of the show they were liplocked in reception and he was the one feeling like he had been stabbed in the heart. The whole thing didn't make sense and I HATED that. I wouldn't have been too keen to pour my feelings out a second time either if that's how she reacted the first time. So while she gives him her "What do you want?" speech in Head Case and he processes whether he should tell her again this time based on her response last time, what does she do? She runs off to horse guy even if it was for only an afternoon. In that instance I wanted to smack Calleigh a second time.

As much as I hate to say it, it does give some credibility to those who don't like the ship as her actions don't really make sense for someone who was supposed to be in love with Eric. I'm a shipper and it didn't make sense to me. I look at Eric and I look at Jake and I really didn't get it. The Jake/Calleigh thing was really the one thing that did it for me. I was stunned when they actually put them E/C after that. Stunned but very happy :)

I would be pretty pissed if they broke them up, for the simple reason that it took them seven years to get there and then they explore it for a few episodes and thats it. Seems like they would dive in, take the risk and keep it going until the end. Also, CSI Miami likes to talk about doing things out of the box, how about breaking that mold with the relationship thing too? It would be annoying to have them just end it after all this time. I would say that while I do like the show I have been more interested since the E/C dynamic was introduced. The friends turned to lovers is realistic, makes sense, and really gives me as a fan something to root for. I love the whole possibilites of this. Not that it would always be roses and sunshine as E/C can be pretty mean to each other when they disagree (Bang, Bang, Your Debt, Power Trip) just as they can be really loving (Sink or Swim, SGIYC, Burned). It would be great to see them get through the tough times together as a couple without one of them going off the deep end. That being said since TPTB introduced the storyline with these two and they've shown how they matured, no matter how they get there, I would definately stop watching if they screwed it up or took the easy way out.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if they did back off of the relationship just because of the negative responses from those fans who dislike the ship. There seems to be a lot of backlash that the E/C characters themselves are getting because of the ship.

So on that topic I have some questions for this thread and hope it's ok to post it here. If not just let me know and I'll move it ;).

Now that there are other fans sending in their complaints to Ann Donahue and other producers because they feel the ship is taking over the show and they dislike it so much, it just makes me wonder if you all think that there are now more more fans out there that dislike the relationship than those that love it?

Based on that do you think the producers will figure they made a mistake and try to figure out some way to back out of what they started in order to pacify those who really, really, really, really, really....dislike the direction of E/C?

Is this bump in the road coming up going to be the catalyst?

Please tell me what ya'll think and please be as objective as possible as I really would like to get your thoughts on this. As a shipper I would hope that TPTB would stay the course with E/C but as a fan who has read how unhappy non-shipper fans are who feel they are being discounted I don't know that I feel confident that TPTB will stick with this storyline no matter how commited to it they were this season.

Also, with Corey leaving it will be interesting to see how many other writers share his view and our view that E/C is the one couple that actually does belong together and should stay that way.

What do you all think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.