Eric and Calleigh #36 - We're In This Together Now.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Apr 20, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Apr 25, 2009.
  1. We're In This Together Now

46 vote(s)
    73.0%
  2. We're Doing It And Doing It Well (Pending Mod Approval)

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. It's No Longer 'You' And 'Me', But 'Us'

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. Caution: Smoking Hot Chemistry Ahead...

7 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Re: Eric and Calleigh #36

Good Morning, shippers! :) We've been busy, I see..:shifty:

In light of upcoming events, next season's guest appearance and comments about "playing doctor", some questions popped up in my head. Here goes:

There were a few occasions the viewers were less than pleased with certain forks in the road in the development of Eric and Calleighs relationship. There were also things that happened that made you as a viewer a little jealous for either Eric or Calleigh. What obstacle bothered you the most? What were those little jealous moments that made you feel a little annoyed at the character, yet sympathetic towards the other (besides Jake kissing Calleigh at the end of Born to Kill ;))?

Another question:

If the writers decide to break up Eric and Calleigh either temporarily or permanent (NOOOOO!! :(), what do you think your reaction will be? Would you stop watching the show? Where would you want their relationship to stand at that point, or lead to in the future?

(sorry if these questions were already asked)

I'll answer soon, but want you guys to go first...

2. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Good morning all!

You all have wonderful theories about the season finale, so I won't speculate any further.

Great questions Virgoddess!
    Of course the ending in Burn to Kill really had me pulling out my heart for Eric, the look on his face spoke volumes. But we have already talked about that. I really wish that I could pinpoint one of these obstacles but I really can't. I mean the beginning of season 6 stands out for me because everytime Eric & Calleigh interacted it seemed as if it was too hard for them. IMO, it seemed like he had lost his best friend. Watching the one you love, love someone else, that is rough. I hated that Calleigh was so oblivious to it sometimes. Maybe deep down in her heart she felt that if she admitted her feelings about him that it was true.

Eric and Calleigh will not break up ever! :lol:
    To tell you the truth, I think I will be truly devasted (I am way too emtionally involved in this show, BTW) I won't stop watching the show because of it though. The true reason I fell in love with this show is because it gives me an escape from reality. Eric & Calleigh being together is just icing on the cake. I don't want them to break up and get back together a million times because that is too soap operaish. Give them a legitamite reason for doing it. Like the promo for Sink or Swin said, nothing can keep them apart. I could see Calleigh breaking up with Eric because she is scared to love him because everyone that she had loved ends up leaving. But I can also see Eric fighting tooth and nail to keep them together because he does love her that much. I want to see them have a happy ending, because I feel that they deserve it.

3. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

The whole Calleigh and Jake's relationship annoyed me like hell. I was really mad at her, sometimes she acted as if she didn't know that he's so in love with her. She broke his heart so many times, the best example were the kiss and the vacation. In those days I didn't like her and I felt truley sorry for Eric. It was just breaking my heart to watch how much he has been suffering. :(
    I didn't like that she went on a meeting with that horse guy, maybe it wasn't a date, but when he called her and she didn't pick up the phone, because she has been riding a horse with that guy I wasn't happy. He brought her truffles, her favourite, try to called her and she had a great time with another man. :scream:
    But I also was mad at Eric when she asked him what he really wanted and he didn't replay her. I didn't like it at all, because when she finally made a move he backed away.
    If they decide to do something so stupid I'll be truley angry, no matter if it will be temporarily or permanent ( I don't even want to think about that possibility:scream:). Probably I won't stop watching it, but definitely it won't be such a pleasure to do it.:(
    I don't want to think about such a sad things, but if it happens I'd like to see them come back to each other, because they realized that they are meant for each other and can't live without one another.:)
    But I hope it won't happen, because I agree with texmex that like it was said nothing can keep them apart;). Let's keep our finger crossed for that.:thumbsup:

4. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

I think that, basically, all of season 4 was pretty frustrating. That was a "dry spell" for hiphuggers. Obviously one of their obstacles was Natalia, though I'm not entirely opposed to EDeN. Don't get me wrong, Eric/Calleigh is my One True Pair, but I actually started on season 4 episodes when I was new to the series and liked Eric and Natalia together. Of course now I like Eric and Calleigh together much much more. :D

Another question:

I wouldn't stop watching because the cases are usually fairly entertaining, if not somewhat unbelievable and occasionally paper-thin or outright ridiculous (but I've been OK with that since I first started watching), and I still enjoy all the characters. Also, I'd have to keep an eye out for Eric and Calleigh getting back together after a long and difficult "road to relationship recovery", as it were. We all know that's how it'd work. They're the couple that TPTB are truly dedicated to writing. This is the couple that will get back together and have a happy ending, I'm sure of it.

By the way, I contacted one of our mods, Adorable_Crazy, and she changed the thread title for us.

Everyone say thanks to her!

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaanks, Adorable_Crazyyyyyyyy!

5. vickyhiphuggers

vickyhiphuggers Prime Suspect

Calleigh and Jake really anoyed me because Eric was so obviously in love with her, she wasn't sure about her feelings for Jake. The horse guy thing also really made me mad because he was so nice and thoughtful buying her the truffles and then calling and she was on the horse and didn't hear her phone !

I would hate it if they broke them up I would be so anoyed!! I wouldn't stop watching the show but I don't think I would be as impatient to see the next episode as I usually am! and I probably wouldn't enjoy the episodes as much as I do now with all our hiphugger moments! but I don't think they will split up forever because they are just so great together and so in love!!:lol:

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Besides the end of Born to Kill :shifty:, ok. I have to say that the scene in Dangerous Son when Calleigh talked about Antigua really made me not happy and made me want to hug poor Eric. Also have to mention Sunblock. After Jake had told her in Deep Freeze that they should cool it with their relationship and she got upset at his obvious order of priorities, they showed them holding hands in the end and being all happy, happy. I was like come on Cal, really??:rolleyes: It pissed me off.

Then in Head Case when she finally stepped up and confronted him and he said nothing. That was frustrating :scream:.

I don't think I would stop watching just for the fact that I would be waiting to see the angsty moments between them and their getting back together, cause I really think the are going to end up together ;).

Hi cara and welcome :) Those collages are great I especially liked Daydream :).

7. CalleighEric

CalleighEric Police Officer

hello, it seems like I havn't posted in ages. I have been on every day, I just don't have the energy to post. lol. Anyways, I thought I might post something, because on another board I am on, there is a lady dead set on that E/C is a forced thing and E/N are a match made in heaven. So, I went and reviewed every episode of E/C, and came up with this, and their chemistry...this is dedication my friends ;) If this post is too long, just let me know. This is just all my anger released into positive E/C-ness. :lol:

-->In 1.03, she let him stay on her couch.
    -->In 1.17 we get the offical 'hiphugger' moment.
    -->In 2.04 there is that moment when a white girl goes missing, but no one cares about the cuban girl who has been missing for weeks. This frustrates eric, and calleigh comforts him, along with telling corwin 'easy' when he meets calleigh.
    -->In 2.18, we get Calleigh admitting her fear of ants. I think the way they handled it, especially when she went in to get the lotto ticket was really cute.
    -->In 3.02 we get the fight with the laywer and eric trying to stand up for calleigh. when she apoligizes, they have a cute little moment, and everythings cool again.
    -->In 3.08, Calleigh and Eric play that joke on Ryan with the head in the morgue.
    -->In 5.13, we get eric showing up in the lab ina suit, and calleigh doesn't hide her attraction, (playful or not).
    -->In 5.15, we get calleigh being there for eric in the hospital, eric wanting his sister, and calleigh giving him her cross necklace for luck. In 5.16 we get calleigh being sweet when eric almost ruined a case.
    ->Of course, 5.21, the kiss on the cheek after a very sexually tense moment in the lab.
    -->In 5.22, there is eric getting the glass out of calleighs finger, and calleigh whispering his name.
    -->In 6.06 we get the moment where eric says he wouldnt switched shifts to stay with her if he was jake, in which calleigh repsonds "thats sweet."
    -->In 6.09, we get the scene with e/c on the back on the amublance, and eric embracing calleigh to comfort her.
    -->In 6.10 there is the comment about children and finding the right girl from eric.
    -->Of course, in 6.15/6.16 there is a worried eric threatening to kill cooper for calleighs sake, and then eric being there for her after she is rescued and taking her home.
    -->6.20-the 'for us' comment after calleigh takes the fall for the 'cheat sheet' that belongs to eric on processing a crime scene.
    7.03-calleigh reading the therapy notes on eric wanting to settle down with calleigh.
    -->In 7.12- Eric fells sorry for Doug because he kows how hard it is not to remember anything. Felling a bit worried for Eric, Calleigh aks Eric if he ok. After being comforted by Calleigh , Eric tells Calleigh that her friendship is very important to him and that he knows that she read his file (from episode 7.03). Later Calleigh tells Eric that she is confused about what happened (and what was said) erlier and that she didn't know if he belived "it" himself (probably refering to what he said in the file) and he understood what he was saying. To that all eric muffled was "I do" after Calleigh walked away. It is a great step formard for the flourishing relationship.
    -->In 7.13- While Calleigh and Eric are investigating the scene, Eric says "What happened to you last night/ Thought you were comming by Brennon's; we had a table in the back." "Oh. I went home did some emails, went to sleep; I was tired. I'm sorry." Calleigh replied. "No need to be sorry you just missed out on a good time,thats all," said Eric. When investigating, Calleigh notes the food prepared on the table. She sees a box of truffles, and explains to Eric that they are her favorite. At the end of the episode, we see Eric ar his locker, getting his things. He then walks through the lab calling for Calleigh. He sees the "on Duty" board and then realizes that Calleigh's maker now reads, "off duty". He reaches into his bag and pulls out the same box of truffles that Calleigh had talked about earlier, and places them on the lab table with her name on it. He smiles and then leaves.
    --> 7.14- we start with Ryan asking calleigh about her and delko. after the fire there is calleigh collapsing the the interrogation room, eric yelling for help and holding her on the ground, going to the hospital, staying with her, admittng his feelings, putting his watch on her, then the scene when calleigh wakes up.
    -->7.16-Calleigh wanted to know why Eric didn't tell her when he found out that his birht certificate was a fake. Eric explains that he just "couldn't wrap his brain arround it". Calleigh then asks, "We're supposed to do stuff together now right? All the stuff you said at the hospital, about us?" "I meant all of it. Its like, all of a sudden, my life is a lie." Eric responds. Calleigh tries to comfort him by saying, "It's all right, I happen to like the lie." They both smile, "You could have told me." She continues. "This is crazy" Eric said worried. "Yeah, We'll get through it." Calleigh finished. In order to get Eric of the hook, the team is on edge to help. The next thing we see, is Calleigh waiting outside for Eric. " Then, of course those moments :D
    -->7.18-There is eric's daydream, and natalia and ryan "gossiping" about E/C as a couple
    -->7.20-Of course, eric waking up and taking a shower in calleighs house [​IMG]
    I know that some people say, well, it was forced and eric was needy after his shooting. Well, if I just got shot in the head and still had some bullet in my head, I wouldn't wait any longer either, would you?

8. VirGodess1923

Watched another funny scene from "Big Brother" :) last night. Its the scene when Calleigh, Eric and the other tech were watching that girl Amanda, after she got out of the shower. She was in bed getting a little happy with herself and Eric was smiling the whole time while Calleigh stood there blushing and looking very uncomfortable. He said he guessed that confirmed that the girl was home and not at the crime scene, so then Calleigh says then they didn't have to finish watching that footage. :guffaw:

There were a few occasions the viewers were less than pleased with certain forks in the road in the development of Eric and Calleighs relationship. There were also things that happened that made you as a viewer a little jealous for either Eric or Calleigh. What obstacle bothered you the most? What were those little jealous moments that made you feel a little annoyed at the character, yet sympathetic towards the other (besides Jake kissing Calleigh at the end of Born to Kill ;))?

The biggest obstacles were Natalia and Jake. I think since season 3, I've really been rooting for Eric and Calleigh to be together. I was happy Hagen was out of the picture and therefore left room for Eric to come in..but then season 4 came along and Natalia was the newbie that they of course had to pair Eric with. I guess at the time most people thought it was only fair to give Eric a mini-relationship or fling or what have you, because Calleigh had one or two in early seasons, but I was all against it. I thought because she was the new girl, they had to place her with the hottest guy there? Why not Ryan?? Not to say that Ryan isn't a good looking guy, but I wanted hands off Eric - that was Calleigh's man!!

A few jealous moments for me

• In "Kill Switch", when Ryan came in to see Eric with evidence and we see him on the phone. Didn't know who he was on the phone with, but I was suspicious and gave this look ->> :shifty:. I kept putting in the back of my mind that it was his mom or sister, but I kept saying thank goodness it was Ryan that walked in and not Calleigh because she would've probably thought the same thing.
    • In the same episode, Calleigh is on the the phone with Jake and he walks in with a smile and asks if that's Jake?? Why?? :confused: I guess he was trying to be a friend, but deep down I could see that was a heart-ripping moment.
    • I was a little annoyed at Calleigh in Born to Kill, while searching for the handcuffs. Although it was an admittance that she did have some feelings for him, she did reject him at the same time.
    • I was jealous in "YMNKTB" when Eric went back to the Gentleman's club and that stripper had her hands on Eric - I kept yelling "Get Off him lady!!" But I liked how he handled it at the end.
    • Horse guy struck a jealous nerve period. I just didn't like she was on a date with him while Eric did something sweet for her, and tried to reach out to her. Ugh! :klingon:
    There were a few more times....may come up with more...

If the writers decide to break up Eric and Calleigh either temporarily or permanent (NOOOOO!! :(), what do you think your reaction will be? Would you stop watching the show? Where would you want their relationship to stand at that point, or lead to in the future?

I certainly don't want them to break up, I'd be mortified!! If they break them up temporarily, I will continue to watch the show to see them go through their little build-up back to reality. I can't get over that this is it for the two. They've been through enough in the past with the wackos, clingers, and weirdos, so this change is a nice one. It should last no matter what the obstacle may be. My reaction to them breaking up permanently would be pure disappointment and sadness. :(:(:( I don't want this to happen, but if (stressing "if"), I would want them to remain friends, with a special bond. If they break them up until the end of the season, would be great to see the second to final ep of them unexpectedly ending up at the others house...a little ex-sex, which brings on the realization of how much they miss each other, he proposes, and they get married in the final ep...just realized how fanfic-y this sounds :lol:, but you never know :confused: I guess I would always watch the show because I just love watching Eric period:drool:, but also because I always enjoy the science and mystery. I would definitely continue watching with hopes for a reunion at the end of the show for E/C. Make sense??

9. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I haven't really liked the whole Jake thing, but if I think about it rationally, maybe that was what started to open Calleigh up a bit and if that was the case, it was ultimately good for EC. I didn't mind Eric and Natalia much, because that was just sex and I've never seen Natalia as a threat for Calleigh. I'm not sure what to think about the horse guy, though. I mean, it was an innocent date (for Calleigh, I don't really think any guy wants to go out with a woman like Cal for an innocent date), but I would have preferred if she was around her phone to pick up when Eric called.

I really, honestly believe that Calleigh and Eric will end up together. I could live with permanent break up, but I would hate it. I would probably continue watching the show because I would expect them to come back and I would want to know what happens next. However if Emily ever left the show, I would have stopped watching for sure.

10. VirGodess1923

Hey! I just watched the promo for tonight's episode on youtube. Got really nothing from it on Calleigh and Eric.

Mostly intro with Natalia and Horatio..not sure I'll get into the show really, just waiting for the Corey E/C moment

I found out there was a CSI: Miami press conference on April 22nd and Emily was there. Lots of great pics of her, but if anyone knows about what was said about the show and what to expect for future episodes, especially on E/C, please let me know, if I don't let you know first ;)

Here are her pics:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  11. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I so want to know what was said in that press conferences. I have a feeling that EC might have come up cause come on it was Emily ;). Maybe we could get a little something, something on the finale. Oh well...

So we get a new episode tonight, yay!!:thumbsup:!! Given this is a fun, marriage-oriented theme episode, and the fact that Corey wrote it, gives me a lot of hope for a really good EC moment :). I hope we see Cal smiling and Eric doing that little lopsided smirk of his. Given it seems we have drama and tension coming our way, I'm really looking forward to something fun tonight.

12. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I'd like to know it too. And I'd like to know if there was someone else from Miami in that press or it was just Emily. I hope we find out soon.:)

As for tonight's episode, well I thought that because this will be about marriage maybe our awaited E/C moment will have something to do with marriage. You know a cute little scene with them joking about getting maried, something similiar to what we got in Sink or swimm. But maybe this time it could be more significant simultaneously.
    Anyway no matter how this scene will look I'm just glad there will be a scene with them not only working and being all professional.:)

13. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Calleigh and Eric had a cute scene tonight. They are at the crime scene together, he is surprised that she used to watch the reality show. She likes that she can still surprise him. He asks why she stopped watching, she described him. I swear, I was looking for them to kiss but it didn't happen oh well the scene was still cute

I also loved the scene where Calleigh got back at the host who was a total jerk

14. CSI4evr

CSI4evr Rookie

thank you so much. it is terrible that i am reading this right before it comes out but what can you say, i just can't help it. it seems like a cute scene between them and i only have about two more hours to wait. oh and is there a new epsidoe next week?

15. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Tonight's episode does not disappoint, I can't imagine any fan of CSI being disappointed tonight. I don't know, I didn't see a promo for next week's episode

I can't stop thinking about C/E scene, how cute!! I hope the writers continue showing cute scenes like this especially since we are close to the finale. Cal had some great one liners. I like that the writers managed to have these two have a cute scene while still being professional

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.