Eric and Calleigh #36 - We're In This Together Now.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Apr 20, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Apr 25, 2009.
  1. We're In This Together Now

46 vote(s)
    73.0%
  2. We're Doing It And Doing It Well (Pending Mod Approval)

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. It's No Longer 'You' And 'Me', But 'Us'

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. Caution: Smoking Hot Chemistry Ahead...

7 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Thank you Jennifer:) .....the tube has also come alive this morning so....

Welcome to the returning regulars and all newbies.

After watching the scene....If the writers decide to break up Eric and Calleigh either temporarily or permanent (NOOOOO!! :(), what do you think your reaction will be? Would you stop watching the show? Where would you want their relationship to stand at that point, or lead to in the future?

Yes, I would stop watching.:brickwall:

I know some of you write fanfic and al lot of us watch other shows so I will try not to go on ranting about:

1. Characterbuildt- up and creditablity(?)
    2. Storylines and dramaconstruction - buildup and payoff - comic relief
    3. Viewer or reader intention for watching and expections

But as you know from previous post I DIDN`T start watching the show for either Cal or Eric and certainly not for ANY ships.
    I only got on board after "All in rescue" and ONLY because of the fab. acting from Adam P and he still delivers an belivable and mindblowing preformance as the guy in love. I need to stress that I am fan of the show and not Adam R as such. If I had to pick: it would be Callieghcharacter.

Well back to 3. viewerintent for watching. I think I need to ask myself the question. Would I stop watching other shows (Criminal intent or ...) if the same thing happened? At the moment I would say no. There is a lot of other things that works in the shows for me so......But because the buildt up has been soooooo extented for the two characters and viewers have waited so long. Well give me some time to think I will get back.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  2. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Corey is the best! I'm gonna miss him. Well, not him personally since I didn't really know the guy, but I'll certainly miss his input on the show.

Calleigh used to be much more cheerful and "girly" back in the beginning of the series, so maybe this is a way to let that part of her resurface. Because, really, I don't know many hardcore tomboys that watch "reality" TV about trying to find True Loveā„¢ in front of a camera crew.

I didn't think about her comment like you did in your first idea, but I like it! My immediate impression was "OOOooooh, she said 'diversion', that means he keeps her too busy to watch TV." :drool: While that's obviously a wonderful interpretation, your first idea is much more touching and romantic. Much more "awwwwwwww".

You know Eric had to be screaming to himself "professionalism, professionalism, professionalism!" to keep from grabbing her and dragging her to the back of the Hummer for another "diversion". Not that he'd really have to "drag", I'm sure. ;)

3. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

After watching the scene....If the writers decide to break up Eric and Calleigh either temporarily or permanent (NOOOOO!! :(), what do you think your reaction will be? Would you stop watching the show? Where would you want their relationship to stand at that point, or lead to in the future?

I wouldnt stop watching, but I'd be pissed and urge the relationship back on. To me it'll be temporary. I want them settling down and by the series finale they'd be married and preg. I luv happy endings don't blame me!

4. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Awwwww :luvlove: Mr. Distraction. That was cute. Corey writes some good scenes. Gonna miss him.

I see Eric as a baseball guy considering he played left field for the 'Canes. That's probably why he watches ESPN. I can so totally see Calleigh watching with him now too. She strikes me a someone who likes sports.

5. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I've just seen the scene on YouTube, and all I can say is :adore:. I mean, you have to love these two, they are just too adorable. I love it how Calleigh started showing emotions since she's with Eric. Season 4/5/6 Calleigh would never be playful like Cal was in last night's scene with Eric. Now, I want some M rated fics about that diversion of hers. By the way, next thread title:

Eric and Calleigh #27 - She's not watching TV anymore!

Luvcsimiami, I don't think writers will quit with this storyline just because few people dislike it. I mean, if they did that, we would dislike it. They can never please everyone. If you look at it closely there is only a handful of people on this board who are haters. I get it that someone ships Cal or Eric with other people, but actual haters are few. Like it or not EC storyline makes you watch the show and talk about it, too. Just look at the dislike thread, it's more active than any shipper thread except this one. So people talk about EC in two threads while EDeN, CaRWash and CaKe have one each that is not very active (especially CaKe). I think that speaks for itself. By the way, I do think that EC lovers are more numerous than EC haters...

CoachMom, I agree with you about Eric being a baseball fan. Especially because he's Cuban. I mean, except USA, Cuba is the only country in the world where baseball is really popular (I think) and Cubans are just crazy about it.

6. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Morning everyone!

I had to rewatch the scenes again this morning. Why did Eric have to go back to being Mr. Professional, oh wait, I know because then they wouldn't get any work done :devil: Calleigh's comment about her diversion made me smile. I want him to be my diversion too :lol:

I didn't even think about him being into baseball, CoachMom, duh :lol:

So I was reading people's reviews of last nights episode and some people did admit that it was a cute scene, even if they are not fans...I think we are starting to win them over ;)

7. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

I think that as long as it stays subtle that those who are indifferent will be OK with it.
    I loved how he felt out of the loop because he didn't know anything about the show. But it's funny because I've never seen the Bachelor but I know about it. I guess he doesn't have any friends who are obsessed about it.
    I also Love that Calleigh gave the show up for him. Why watch romance on TV when you live it everyday. :adore: sigh...

8. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

I guess we could stop using spoilers now??

So she doesn't watch her shows anymore and he watches ESPN, which proves they watch it together, when they aren't getting distracted :devil: :thumbsup: Calleigh's always been a tabloid lover, especially in cases with that famous swimmer who was in danger, and the girls that were stealing designer clothes from department stores for high-end clients.

I had to rewatch last night's scene again and I thought it was well played out. Thanks Corey!

We already established the scene was cute, but I noticed at the end when he made the comment about it being a great start in the death business, he had this amazing look on his face with this irresistable smile. Calleighs only reaction would be to smile back, but I can't help thinking there was something behind it :confused:. Maybe its me overanalyzing, but its great to see him smile at her with his loving eyes. I would get butterflies from his smile, even if he was talking about death. :adore:

9. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I am a happy shipper!!!!!:D I just loved last night's cute little scene.

-"After all these years you still surprise me", "I like to think that's possible": This exchange was so cute and warm :adore:. Like delkolover said it's so good that they show that there are things they are still discovering about each other even though they've been friends for so long. I even love more that Calleigh likes that she can still surprise him :).

-The whole thing with Calleigh describing him = :adore:
    "He's really cute..." awww Calleigh you're so in love :lol:. I loved the way he went Mmm like he was savoring her every word.

-The Delko smirk and the Calleigh smile = hiphugger17 really happy :D.
    In a preview post I commented that I really wanted to see these in this scene because Corey had said it was lighthearted and it just seemed perfect for them to do it, and they did :D.

Loved this scene!!!!! :thumbsup:

10. vickyhiphuggers

vickyhiphuggers Prime Suspect

Well this episode was awesome and the light hearted scene was even better Corey is just great I'm going to miss him! :(

Anyways the light hearted scene was just awesome I didn't expect it to be that good, it was so cute when she was describing him and then he said ' as much as I would like you to continue ... ' hehe I loved it! OMG! They are just so awesome together at the moment I really don't know if they will split them up by the season finalle but they are just so great together now I can't even imagine them not being together!

11. luvcsimiami

luvcsimiami Hit and Run

Same here. I thought there was definately a double meaning there especially when he said in the death business we call that a great start. Well they are in the death business and while the clue was a great start I also think he meant their romantic relationship was off to a great start. The whole thing was pretty cool.:)

The scene was great and loved Calleigh's comments to the jerky host and how she would love to send him to prison but she couldn't. She was something else tonight and so reminded me of the old, perky Calleigh.

BTW, what did you guys think of the limo scene with Eric and Natalia? I have to say I was a bit alarmed when Eric told Natalia "talk about seeing the light." My first thought was Oh God are they foreshadowing? Anyway, I hope not. Calleigh and Eric are just too cute and loved them tonight. Can't wait for next week.

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I kept wondering why that last line between Eric and Cal made them smile so much. I keep trying to come up with a double meaning but the only thing that comes to mind is precisely what you mentioned about their relationship getting off to a great start. It reminds me a little of the truffle scene in 7.13 when one of them said "so where does that leave us?" and the other one answered "a place to start". So maybe in 7.13 it was all about them being in a place where their relationship could finally take off and last night it was about how great this taking off has been. Wow, we do overanalyze the tiniest things :lol:. But it kind of makes sense cause really the line didn't have that much to it for him to say it with such a smirk and her to respond with such a huge smile. So I'm thinking there probably was something else behind it.

About the "seeing the light" comment with Natalia... what can I say? He did see the light, he is with Calleigh now ;).

13. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

I think Natalia's comment about the rainbow being good luck and him saying he's "seen the light" threw out another double meaning to me. I think he meant because of good luck, he's now happy with the girl he loves and things have been going good for him so far after such a long run of bad luck. Again, I may be over analyzing, but it could be exactly what he meant :)

14. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

Well I finally found time to watch it and I have to say it was wonderful. Their scene was just lovely. They are so adorable together, it's such a pleasure to watch them:thumbsup:.
    She's definitely happy and relaxed, I haven't seen her so loose and joyful in a really long time. And there's no dobut who did it to her;).
    I love her comment about having a new diversion, especially the cute way she suggested that it was him. They really feel great in each others company, what else can I say, it's true love.:adore:
    I don't know what to think about his smirk and her smile when he said that in death business they call it a great start, but I agree it might refer to the start of their relationship.:)
    As for him talking about seeing the light to Natalia, I'm sure Calleigh definitely is his light and always will be.;)
    But what surprised me the most is the fact, that for the really first time people who don't like E/C as a couple are not complaining about this scene. I guess Corey did an amazing job. What a pity he left.:(

15. menasolar

menasolar Victim

HI, new here. But I just had to comment. I truly don't get why there are E/C haters, they are one of the most subtle and cutest couples on TV. Even on the morning bed scene, they didn't even share the same frame until Calleigh was fully clothed. But everyone has the right to dislike.

Besides CSI and CSI. NY both have/had couples people dislike, the whole Grissom Sara thing didn't really sink in with everybody and there are the Lindsay and Danny haters. And in both CSI and CSI NY , the couples were/are less subtle than our Hip-Ship.

Hey, back in the days The X-Files got quite a beating for hooking up their leading characters.

So, ultimately the writers do as they please, but I think EC are here to stay. They will have problems and all hell will break loose, but the writers have been subtly writing this story line for 3 years, so it is far from wham bang thank you ma'am!
    And CSI MIAMI's rating are brilliantly over the top and they win their time slot pretty often, so they could just write
    EXT/CRIME SCENE STREET/DAY
    Horatio standing and putting on sunglasses ... for 42 minutes, then he walks away.

And the show would be just fine-

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.