Still Missing Grissom?

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by vegaslights, Apr 26, 2009.

1. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Nope I don't miss Grissom either but I really truelly miss Warrick :( Rick and Nick working together was just pricelss :)

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I miss him too, as well as as Sara and Warrick. They so bonded and meshed together, and were such a strong force on this show It is different, and still good, but it'll never be the same with such powerhouse characters as the three mentioned, and how the team was so unique, so together, and the greatest ensemble ever on a TV series, the best! can never be matched, especially Grissom, how the team admired and looked up to him and he taught them so much, they miss him too.. there's no one like him ever on this earth.. riveting actor, charming, mesmorizing, intense, the delivery of his dialogue, perfect, the sexy tone of his voice, and drop dead gorgeous face, how he evolved, and went from the geeky scientist, to the personal/romantic side, and left to be with the love of his life.. I miss him with every beat of my heart Hopefully he will come back in some capacity in S/10.. gone for now, but certainly not forgotten:bolian:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  3. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

Bottom line for me: CSI has gone to absolute crap since Billy/Grissom left. Storylines are unrealistic, they are basing entire episodes on personal relationships, etc...it's turning into CSI: Miami. I'm immensely disappointed in the "new" CSI as well as the introduction of and exploration/integrating of Raymond Langston.

I still support the original cast, but the new direction storyline etc wise is just absolutely unrealistic and disappointing to me...COME BACK BILLY!!!
    And I agree wholeheartedly with the author of the ET Online article. MORE power to him.

4. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I have always missed early seasons Grissom. As for missing him now - no. I don't miss what he became.

I LOVE the new team, the new dynamic to the show, and how everyone interacts. It's much more of a team than it used to be, and the last episode certainly proved that.

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I think that was kind of harsh to say. I don't think the new shows (with the exception of Mascara) are crap. I think they're pretty good.

6. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

^ That's why I said "bottom line for me".

Trust me, I'm not being harsh for the sake of being harsh....that's just my opinion....I'm a very bold girl so I tend to say pretty much everything I have to say in a bold way ;p Plus, that's precisely how I feel about CSI at this point in the game...Just stating my opinion... ;p

7. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

ITA. The CSIwe're getting now is CSI 2.0. , it's a different show. I'm not watching this new CSI, not out of hate, but there are more important things I have to do, while before I would really find the time to watch it.

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Still Criminologist, you don't have to use the word..crap.

I find it interesting that all of a sudden, GSR fans have 'better' things to do. I felt that way during season seven when it was a GSR love fest.

Honestly, hearing people use like word crap really bugs me. Is it crap because Grissom is gone? Is it crap because GSR is gone?

Yeah it's different, but it doesn't mean it's crap. It's just a different show now. But I think it's hard for people to get used to it because there's a new person at the helm. I don't know. Maybe it's like Star Trek TNG-maybe if they had replaced Picard..it would have been harder for some people..I don't know..I just think we should give it a chance.

I don't think it's been an easy time for CSI this year with three big losses and now they've got two cast members with health and personal issues. Maybe they need to find their groove again.

9. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

The one thing I wouldn't use to describe the current show is that it's focused on personal relationships. If you have been watching it, you'd find out that ever since Grissom left, it hasn't involved any personal relationship at all. They may have spent a lot of time on Dr. Langston, but no, there's no personal relationship.

I woudln't say that I don't miss Grissom a bit. I liked him a lot. He was one of a kind, but I have never thought that this show wouldn't survive without him. While I agree his departure is a big loss to the show, Langston is a great addition, and I'm liking this show almost as much as I liked seasons 1-5. I never expected that to happen, but I was wrong. :)

Missing Grissom and enjoying the current show can definitely co-exist. :)

10. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Grissom was my favourite, and I definitely miss him alot.
    I agree with what someone posted earlier, about it being a different show without him. Im still watching it, and still enjoy it but not as much.
    I think the article is right in that Langston needs to be better defined. I like his character and I think Laurence Fishburne is agreat actor. With the right storyline I think he could do very well for the show.

11. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

It just shows that people watch for different reasons. A show with mass appeal and big ratings has different ways of attracting viewers. It's been pointed out in the past that some people stopped watching because of GSR, or at least didn't enjoy it as much with that storyline on the show; and there are those who watched it because of that. Losing 3 characters and their fans, especially Grissom, has been the biggest impact, I think. Some on this board have said they would probably stop watching if their favorite character left, be it Nick or Greg or Catherine. I'm sure there are some LF fans or LLS fans who have started watching the show because of these actors. And then there are viewers who watch it only for the forensics and the cases, or even just out of habit.

There's no right or wrong answer here. Different strokes for different folks, and all that. And it certainly is too early to say that the 'new' CSI is failing. It may have lost some viewers for various reasons, but I expect it to reboot over the summer. Time will tell.

12. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I'm not missing Grissom to the point that I can very easily watch an episode and not realize that he's not there for a good portion of the episode.

Of course I do miss him to the point that if it was a choice of Grissom and someone else I'd prefer Grissom. I guess I'd prefer Grissom's role to be empty (or nonexistant) than have someone else fill it.

Yes, I usually am a very undecided person! :D

Susan

13. S_Bright

S_Bright Police Officer

The old Gisso of seasons 1-4 is what I miss. The Grissom of seasons 7-8 was what had me leave the show.

I'm not totally sold on this new show, but that is just because I miss the Nick/Warrick dynamic so much. Those two together were hilarious, touching and endearing in every manly way possible. I miss their banter, I miss their rivalry and the friendship.

The cases have been better as has the epidsodes, bar a few like "Mascara". I think Langston has taken over a bit too much, the old team would have been perfectly capable of carrying the show on with Cath in the lead. If they ease off Langston a tad, I might return full time.

14. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

ITA, Erica. If anything the show has strayed away from being too personal, sure there are moments but it's not in the viewers face nor does it feel like it's over taking the premise of the show.

I miss the old Grissom, before he was in a relationship, when he was the bug guy of the geek squad. He made me laugh with the quirky comments and actions. This is the Grissom I would want to see if there were any hopes for guest spots in S10. Yes I know people change, evolve, and differ from the norm, but the core of someone never changes and deep down Grisson is still the geeky guy who loves bugs and crazy lab tests outside in the cold with a pig.

15. electra

electra Pathologist

Old Grissom is probably one of my favorite characters of all time.And despite of how much I hated GSR,he was still my favorite character.So yeah,I do miss Grissom.

But I still love the show a lot.The new team dynamics is more like the show used to be in the start and I like Ray a lot.He is intriguing for sure.And Catherine ,Nick and Brass are still there so there is a lot that I like in the show despite the loss of Grissom.